SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-25-21, 08:01 AM   #616
MateusJK15
Nub

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 0

Nuke skipper. Periscopes are history, but ships are still targets, electronic sonar and TMA for the win.
MateusJK15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-21, 08:06 AM   #617
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MateusJK15 View Post
Nuke skipper. Periscopes are history, but ships are still targets, electronic sonar and TMA for the win.
Welcome aboard matey

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-21, 10:24 AM   #618
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

MateusJK15!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-21, 10:43 AM   #619
Red Heat
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 243

CASUAL SUBSIM SKIPPER

You fell in love with Aces of the Deep. Your playing style is relaxed, more for fun than historical accuracy. You always play Sub Command or Dangerous Waters from the NavMap (rightclick is your friend), if you ever ventured to play them at all. Probably you prefer WWII subsims like Silent Hunter 3, SH4 and Aces. You may try the manual TDC, but you prefer to leave the auto map contacts on, (blank maps scare you). Even though you know submarine skippers missed targets occasionally in real life, you cannot resist reloading a mission to take another shot at a 10,000-tonne troopship that got away. One ship, one torpedo, finished off with the deck gun--that's the creed you live by. Hold your head high--there's no shame in having fun.

´´There is three kinds of man: the living, the death,
and those who are at Sea.´´

Plato
Red Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-22, 07:15 PM   #620
oversoul
Swabbie

Downloads: 61
Nuke

Are they mind readers?!
oversoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-22, 12:41 PM   #621
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

I haven't played in years, but what can I say, I am a legend and by far the best SH4 player to ever man a boat. Guess sort of like Elvis, a league of my own. I sunk more tonnage than any other 5 players combined. My best patrol with no refits playing a 100% difficulty was 278K tons sunk. I was going for 300K, but sunk too many smaller ships in a storm I couldn't see firing. I should be like in the Subsim Hall of Fame.

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-22, 02:27 PM   #622
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
I haven't played in years, but what can I say, I am a legend and by far the best SH4 player to ever man a boat. Guess sort of like Elvis, a league of my own. I sunk more tonnage than any other 5 players combined. My best patrol with no refits playing a 100% difficulty was 278K tons sunk. I was going for 300K, but sunk too many smaller ships in a storm I couldn't see firing. I should be like in the Subsim Hall of Fame.
You forgot to take your medication today?

Old 08-19-22, 03:11 PM   #623
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
You forgot to take your medication today?
There's no medication for ubiquitous pomposity ... that's why he's the current leader of the utterly elite "band o' bros" the BILGE RATS! ...its founder, beloved Wolferz, having absconded with the crew's wages and Hamms beer; and not even responding to his birthday thread?

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 11-01-22, 01:54 AM   #624
R3dakted
Watch

I was a Type VIIB skipper for ever and ever until the day of Ragnarok..

..but then I discovered ADCAPs and TASMs.

These days it's a very bad time on my PC for any commie in a boat. I turn them all into submarines, temporarily anyway.

Also, Killerfish are rad. ☢️👍🏻👍🏻
R3dakted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-22, 12:02 AM   #625
R3dakted
Watch

Nuke

Nuke boat skipper 👍🏻

Accurate.. like me 😉

Silence is Golden
Old 04-13-23, 08:26 PM   #626
MaxAmmo
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 21
Default Took the quiz

Casual game skipper here: still waiting for a patch to make GWX easier...Been following this website since aces of the deep with all those great interviews with the old captains. Thanks guys, been a great community.
MaxAmmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-23, 12:26 AM   #627
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default Welcome aboard!

MaxAmmo! finally on the surface after a 12 year 'silent run'!

Old 04-14-23, 05:32 AM   #628
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Welcome to SUBSIM MaxAmmo

Old 10-17-23, 10:04 AM   #629
R3dakted
Watch

Nuke Crazy Fritz, Crazier Ivan...

I'm usually to be found molesting US aid convoys off the west coast of Ireland in a type VIIB..

.. Though these days I'm often hunting the supply routes between the US, UK and Norway in a sierra or akula.

I tried to like the American WWII fleetboats, and their more modern SSNs, but I just couldn't. They smelled like cotton candy, McDonalds and warm apple pie, when they should have smelled of cabbage and body odour and chain smoking like a good Soviet boat. Yuck.

So I prefer to shell and missile-strike ports and airbases for that relaxed yet stoically suicidal (Germans) / patriotically dour (Soviets) buzz, while occasionally murdering task force's with extreme aggression.

As soon as the flaccid weak capitalists blink and turn to run, they get an oversized Soviet wake -homer up their collective asses.

It's funny that in a U-boat I tried my best not to kick the nest and have the enemy scatter... But in a Soviet glowboat the more naked aggression and nest-kicking there is the better - once the filthy democracyphiles break and scatter, or go defensive, they're screwed. Clever Russkies mitigate their noisy and half-deaf subs with aggression, sprints and manly overuse of powerful Soviet active sonar.

Also, ambushing an enemy diesel-electric sub with rocket-delivered torpedoes never gets old..!

A big thank you to Silent Hunter 4 w/ Op Monsun, and Cold Waters with dotmod, for giving me many enjoyable hours bullying, abusing and creatively murdering Allied shipping and infrastructure.. and for making content that my tired old Linux laptop will run quite happily.

Thanks!!

Silence is Golden