SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-23-23, 12:56 PM   #1231
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452
Uploads: 0

Ok decided to keep Stiebler original idea (thanks DieselGlock), so we can't repair bow/stern planes, fuel tank, torpedo tubes, rudders, propellers while submerged. So forget about previous file...

But here is the typo fix for type II in basic file.
It was very small error, that the game seemed to ignore anyway...but who knows...better to have correct file.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/1q00x...po_Fix.7z/file

It will be included in next update anyway.

Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-23, 03:39 PM   #1232
Randomizer
Watch Officer

Downloads: 131

I have been using the June 2022 Fifi-NYGM because the versions before Steel Coffins took better than 21-minutes to load on my gaming rig. Steel Coffins loads in a mere 16+ minutes but I am still keeping the earlier version as sort of a Fifi backup for now. That plus I have a really interesting 1942 Type-VIIc career on the go.

Started a late war Steel Coffins career and while everything seems to run as designed and looks positively gorgeous, when I exit, the Desktop appears but the "Silent Hunter Has Stopped Working and needs to close" window opens and I need to use the Win-7 Task Manager to shut down the program completely.

This happens every single time. No other programs are open in the background and this features at the end of every single session. No other SH-3 super mod has acted like this except GWR, which I could never get to run properly anyway. This includes NYGM, Onealex 1.53, Fifi's June 2022 update or CCoM 1.2 plus WAC and LSH, neither of which I use anymore.

This is not game breaking problem but it is quite irritating and hints that there is something wrong somewhere in the installation. Any ideas as to what's happening and how to troubleshoot/fix the issue? Thanks in advance.

-C

Edit for Fifi and Team: Forgot to say Thanks: Thank You for Steel Coffins!
Randomizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-23, 04:07 PM   #1233
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomizer View Post
I have been using the June 2022 Fifi-NYGM because the versions before Steel Coffins took better than 21-minutes to load on my gaming rig. Steel Coffins loads in a mere 16+ minutes but I am still keeping the earlier version as sort of a Fifi backup for now. That plus I have a really interesting 1942 Type-VIIc career on the go.

Started a late war Steel Coffins career and while everything seems to run as designed and looks positively gorgeous, when I exit, the Desktop appears but the "Silent Hunter Has Stopped Working and needs to close" window opens and I need to use the Win-7 Task Manager to shut down the program completely.

This happens every single time. No other programs are open in the background and this features at the end of every single session. No other SH-3 super mod has acted like this except GWR, which I could never get to run properly anyway. This includes NYGM, Onealex 1.53, Fifi's June 2022 update or CCoM 1.2 plus WAC and LSH, neither of which I use anymore.

This is not game breaking problem but it is quite irritating and hints that there is something wrong somewhere in the installation. Any ideas as to what's happening and how to troubleshoot/fix the issue? Thanks in advance.

-C

hey Randomizer greetings..
Could you give precisions on your version of Sh3 and your configuration of the pc.. proc.. ram.. gpu..
I give you this little program to try

https://www.mediafire.com/file/c2s6f...lorer.zip/file
Loading times are huge... the biggest times I had are with WAC5.02 is gwR21 a long time ago....i use them more since it doesn't work as it should..
you should also adapt to windo 10..
I too have been a great aficionado of windo 7 and Xp Pro...
here is my friend see soon...
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-23, 04:11 PM   #1234
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:

-C

Hi Randomizer, I’m afraid you have a memory issue, on a probably not enough powerful PC…
Here game is loading in around 3 minutes, faster than any previous versions.
Quitting game never gave me such thing either, so don’t know what to say to you…except trying it on other rig.
I’m really sorry

Old 03-23-23, 11:21 PM   #1235
Randomizer
Watch Officer

@Kal_Maximus_U-669,
It's not a great rig but it does everything that I ask of it except give reasonable load times when running Wings Over Flander's Fields or certain SH-3 mods. I get 40+ FPS in FS9 running with all sliders to the right and extensive AI and some complex add-on sceneries in use.

300GHz DELL CPU with 1-TB hard drive running Win-7 Professional SP1,
8 GB RAM,
Nvidia GForce GT-710

Like me it's old and past its "use by" date but it gets the job done. Not sure what that program you linked to actually does. Went into the registry and could find no entry for any game controller and so am not inclined to run it without more data.

@Fifi,
Please do not be sorry, my first-world computer problems should be of no concern to you.

Noted with the 1944 career start that the radar antenna does not appear on the Type VII bridge screen even after activating the Late War snorkel pipe and Late War Sensor mods. Did note that the mods overwrite each other so am wondering if there is a particular activation order.

-C
Old 03-24-23, 12:14 AM   #1236
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Downloads: 360
Default Thank you

By the way Fifi, again, thank you for your latest version of NYGM Enhanced Steel Coffin. Everything works perfectly. I'm on my sesond patrol. The first being a "Tester Patrol", the second being an actual "Combat Patrol". I do have a quick GAMEPLAY question, that not only pertains to Steel Coffin but to your earlier versions too. Does the 10th Flotilla transfer to Panang at some point. I looked around, and probably missed it. But I didn't see anything. Thanx

Old 03-24-23, 01:42 AM   #1237
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Noted with the 1944 career start that the radar antenna does not appear on the Type VII bridge screen even after activating the Late War snorkel pipe and Late War Sensor mods. Did note that the mods overwrite each other so am wondering if there is a particular activation order.
-C
I will look at that… thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doolar View Post
By the way Fifi, again, thank you for your latest version of NYGM Enhanced Steel Coffin. Everything works perfectly. I'm on my sesond patrol. The first being a "Tester Patrol", the second being an actual "Combat Patrol". I do have a quick GAMEPLAY question, that not only pertains to Steel Coffin but to your earlier versions too. Does the 10th Flotilla transfer to Panang at some point. I looked around, and probably missed it. But I didn't see anything. Thanx

I don’t think Stiebler made Penang a starting base…only from Bordeaux, operating South Atlantic or Indian Ocean … but I think you can resupply at Penang nevertheless

Old 03-24-23, 02:52 AM   #1238
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:

-C
Only the side pipe mod is necessary:

BUT...i detected a problem with my new zones boxes for Flak...it makes the flak destroyed at mission start...i have solved this issue and will provide new version fix as soon as possible today.
It's only concerning later turms. Stay tuned and sorry for this convenience

Old 03-24-23, 05:02 AM   #1239
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1755

The link for the compartment fix is dead? Can you upload again. Thanks.
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-23, 05:11 AM   #1240
Fifi
Navy Seal

PLEASE DOWNLOAD AND REPLACE V3.3 by new V3.4!

Should be Bunker save compatible

No need for the typo fix anymore, it is included in V3.4

I have corrected the turms Flak box, because game doesn't accept more than 1 box for Flak (when there are multi Flak mount)
At mission start, we had the flak destroyed message...

All is fine now

Old 03-24-23, 08:39 AM   #1241
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Hey Fifi..salutation
For this correction I see this tonight...
A really impressive job you will end up producer of the sh3 series..

@Randomizer I'm coming back to you tonight... (the things in life you know how it is...!!)
Old 03-24-23, 12:47 PM   #1242
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
@Kal_Maximus_U-669,
It's not a great rig but it does everything that I ask of it except give reasonable load times when running Wings Over Flander's Fields or certain SH-3 mods. I get 40+ FPS in FS9 running with all sliders to the right and extensive AI and some complex add-on sceneries in use.

300GHz DELL CPU with 1-TB hard drive running Win-7 Professional SP1,
8 GB RAM,
Nvidia GForce GT-710

Like me it's old and past its "use by" date but it gets the job done. Not sure what that program you linked to actually does. Went into the registry and could find no entry for any game controller and so am not inclined to run it without more data.

@Fifi,
Please do not be sorry, my first-world computer problems should be of no concern to you.

-C
A little reading in order to have the necessary understanding...
in order to understand your problem ... question give the exact name of the Dell PC
The nomenclature of the machine... "the precision of the material here is important" the exact name..
Read this file for the implementation of the program...
https://brat01.mybb.rocks/viewtopic....204&p=8#p97718
I'm sure you can do something with good settings even if this machine is old...

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 03-24-23 at 01:00 PM.
Old 03-24-23, 01:38 PM   #1243
Randomizer
Watch Officer

Quote:
A little reading in order to have the necessary understanding..
Thanks for the PM, have replied in kind. One small edit on the PM, please amend it to read "... virtually no problems saving even submerged or in contact"
Salute.

@Fifi,
Quote:
Only the side pipe mod is necessary
Makes sense, thanks.

-C

Last edited by Randomizer; 03-24-23 at 01:47 PM.
Old 03-24-23, 03:47 PM   #1244
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Hey Randomizer...
I don't understand your answer here, can you put it another way?
this is my version games SH3 no starforce in perfect state

You can reduce your loading times by x2 if you equip your machine with a good quality SSD like "Cruciale ..Samsung Evo" or "Pro" you can find them at good prices...
You will see it gives a second youth to your machine...
A little Ram if you can increase... Set your paging file to the top
Anyway, Windows7 is BaDass... Windows10 Pro is perfect when you take the time to set it up properly... I have to admit that it's full of useless bull****... a Microsoft habit is to take us for "Piggy banks" the Sockets with these Chipsets should be changed every year moreover it seems to me that he had said that he would have more new Windos at the time of the launch of Window10... You see once again he is starting over with Windos 11. .. Intel & Nvidia we tend to take ourselves for Apple with prices that are not justified... I am happy recently a lot of players are moving AMD & ATI which have more than correct performance is especially with reasonable prices ...their sales will end up falling, no more profis with a vengeance, we may end up going back to the time when 2007 when there was real competition.. it will be good for these greedy people.. the market for Playstation consoles will end up the assets since the last R ysen equips these bikes ... the Microsoft console is in trouble with them especially with their commercial methods the catalog of games is really miserable compared to Sony who are long-time experts in this field ...

@Fifi I'm a little off topic here but it may help him make choices for a future machine...

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 03-24-23 at 04:17 PM.
Old 03-25-23, 02:04 AM   #1245
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
@Fifi I'm a little off topic here but it may help him make choices for a future machine...
That's ok with me

NEW DOWLOAD AVAILABLE, SAME VERSION 3.4...

Yesterday, i have forgotten the type VIIB/2 Flak box...it is now fixed.
Going to fast in work, sorry my bad
No problem to activate it in bunker