SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-03-20, 05:37 AM   #1
Essenza
Nub

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
Default SUB COMMAND

Hi all, i'm sorry i'n new here and i didn't found the SUB COMMAND section for posting.
I've bought SUB COMMAND from steam and i'm playing it, i would like to know if there is a possibility to install a mod that allows to have a " more actual " simulation like having others submarines , new missions and new liveree for our classic beautiful game.
Sorry again i'm really noob of forums and about add ons in general, i always commit some mistakes in installing new mods, please help me.
Thans to all and God bless you.
Essenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-20, 06:25 AM   #2
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Icon14

Hello Essenza, welcome to Subsim! You may be able to find some answers here, it is below the Dangerous Waters Link: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=193

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-20, 07:27 AM   #3
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Great first post Essenza and welcome to SubSim

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-20, 08:19 AM   #4
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 56

Essenza;
Sub Command is one of the three games in the "holy trinity" from Sonalysts (Fleet Command, 688i H/K, SC, and DW)* and you'll find the rest of us in the "Janes Forum". :emoji goes here:**

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=181

You can find a mod for SC here in the Downloads section but check out the forum first, SCX is very comprehensive and it might not be the first mod you want to check out.

Anyway, welcome aboard.

*- I include F/C because it was developed and coded by Sonalysts but it didn't have the same appeal and could be a bit of a bear to run, at best. For the most part, all of these games feel familiar and really only differ by the year they were released with better game options.

**- Uh, Neal??
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-20, 12:28 PM   #5
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Essenza!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-20, 09:27 AM   #6
Essenza
Nub

Default Thanx

Thanx all, i am looking for a mod to pilot some of the oldest submarines like the Skipjack class and so on but on SUB COMMAND, i really like this simulation and i bouth many years ago the original game on ebay but it is in german LOL. So i decided to buy the original on steam but i'd like to use some mods, can you tell me how to install it and were to find it ?
Old 11-04-20, 07:40 PM   #7
Kapitan
Sub Test Pilot

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 7

you can install SCX II which will allow that but I would suggest buy DW and install the DWX (RA mod) as its continually updated.

Find out about Museum Ships here: https://www.museumships.us/

Flickr for all my pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131313936@N03/

Navy general board articles: https://www.navygeneralboard.com/author/aegis/
Kapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 10:37 AM   #8
Essenza
Nub

Thanx but i read somewhere that Sub Command is more accurate as a sub simulation, is that true ?
Old 11-05-20, 06:40 PM   #9
Kapitan
Sub Test Pilot

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 7

Dangerous waters is newer and also more platform available more realistic

Find out about Museum Ships here: https://www.museumships.us/

Flickr for all my pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131313936@N03/

Navy general board articles: https://www.navygeneralboard.com/author/aegis/
Kapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 07:46 PM   #10
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essenza View Post
Thanx but i read somewhere that Sub Command is more accurate as a sub simulation, is that true ?
688i, Sub Command, and Dangerous Waters were all part of the same family of games. They were all developed and coded by Sonalysts.

None of the games are more (or less) "accurate" than the others. Sub Command was the second in the series so while it lost the "3D Control Room" from 688i, it made up for it with some newer GUI features and better graphics plus a better data base of foreign/enemy ships and subs.
Dangerous Waters was the last of the series, which offered even more improvements for graphics, more playable platforms (sub, frigate, helo, and a P-3 Orion), and an even larger data base of ships and weps.

So, "more accurate" doesn't really doesn't fit the description. At their core, they are all the same basic game. I have all three installed but I usually play Dangerous Waters or one of its mod-ed versions.

Sub Command is still a good game, its a great way to "think like Sonalysts" and learn all the things you'll need to know.

BTW, not to beat this horse but there is an entire section of this forum dedicated to the Sonalysts games. Check out the Modern Era Subsims section and the Dangerous Waters sub-forums. Look carefully and you'll see Sub Command still has its own forum.

You'll find your answers there, and trust me, if you're new to this type of game you're going to have a ton of questions.
We'll see your questions there and we'll be able to answer with a lot more detail (or at least steer you to a thread you'll want to read).
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-20, 09:05 AM   #11
gashman
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 1
Default ESM Mast

Has anyone ever seen an issue where you get zero hits on the esm mast? Even when the periscope is registering activity.
gashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-20, 11:12 AM   #12
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

gashman!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote