SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-05-10, 05:08 PM   #1681
SeaWolf U-57
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 92
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromus View Post
Found it, thx.

Is this
----------------------------------
# the current UI Style
# set below to either SH3Style, SH4Style, or SH5Enhanced
UIStyle = SH5Enhanced
----------------------------------
somewhere in guide in the first post? If yes I think I missed it.
Yes thats it
SeaWolf U-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-10, 05:18 PM   #1682
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

So does this Mod fix the Stadimeter problem? I read somewhere that you had to use the notepad.. how does that work out :s
Old 05-05-10, 05:50 PM   #1683
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linavitch View Post
I think that would be splendid. If you are patrolling the North Sea a 200 mile radius would do, if you were in the Mid Atlantic you might want a 1000 mile radius.

You really think this is achievable?

Regards
I can easily implement that feature. I already have everything I need to do it just have to add the code to check the range to the contact and see if it's greater than or less than value defined. If less than then go to TC 1 if enabled....simple really
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-10, 05:51 PM   #1684
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaWolf U-57 View Post
Same old same old the box was moving down behind the gauges again
until I stopped the clock from popping up.
Oh no I didn't load the fix into the mod I was thinking it was already
in it
the fix is already in the version I sent you. So explain exactly what you did to get the messagebox to move. I would like to duplicate this problem.
Old 05-05-10, 06:03 PM   #1685
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Here's the newest feature I'm working on. I call it user marks. Instead of the boring pencil adding X marks to the map I wanted something that I could add text to. So I created it. When you add a new user mark you're asked to type in the text for it. Then when you mouse over the user mark on the TAI a pop up shows with the text for it. It's taken me 2 days to just get this far on it and I'm stuck at one spot. As the game doesn't expose the current zoom level or what it does when you zoom/unzoom I have to figure out a way to make the user mark scale appropriately by zoom. In order to make this work I have the mousewheel disabled when you mouse in the TAI map. It becomes re-enabled when you mouse out. This had to be done since I can't read the current zoom level I have to force you to use the zoom and unzoom buttons in the bottom right of the TAI map. When you press those I can increment or decrement a counter to know which zoom level the TAI is in. My problem is this: I add a new user mark to the TAI map:

now all I know about this user mark are it's screen coordinates in the TAI. Now I want to zoom in. That would place me at the 1500m scale. So what mathematical formula would I use to scale the position of the user mark? I thought that since we went from 3000m to 1500m that I should double the value....nope, no way. So I tried dividing by 2...nope, no way again. I have to figure out the correct way to scale this point on the map when zooming/unzooming
Old 05-05-10, 06:03 PM   #1686
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

One small item I noticed is that when I set the Show Items Note to false in the option file it will still be enabled when starting up the game. Not really a big deal though since you have the ability to toggle it off in the options bar after starting a patrol.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-10, 06:07 PM   #1687
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thSeal View Post
One small item I noticed is that when I set the Show Items Note to false in the option file it will still be enabled when starting up the game. Not really a big deal though since you have the ability to toggle it off in the options bar after starting a patrol.
good bug report. Is that the only one that does that? Just looked at the code and I don't see how that can be happening......

EDIT:

just tested it by setting it to both values and everything worked fine. Don't know what you're doing wrong.
Old 05-05-10, 06:10 PM   #1688
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
good bug report. Is that the only one that does that?
It seems so, I also have the show message box set to false and it seems to stay disabled on startup.
Old 05-05-10, 06:18 PM   #1689
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

I'll go back and try it again, I disable the mod before making any changes in the option file and then re-enable it before starting the game. I've checked it twice already thinking I might of forgot to save it after the changes but it was still set to false.

Get back to you after I try it again.

Edit\ Well I went through it again and it still wasn't working. Don't know what I was doing wrong but I went ahead and replaced the option file with a fresh copy from the dl I have and made all my usual changes again and saved it. Started up the game and the show items note is disabled.

Last edited by 7thSeal; 05-05-10 at 06:35 PM.
Old 05-06-10, 12:48 AM   #1690
SeaWolf U-57
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 92

Ok here is today results I have been playing the game with both clock TC at 32
and 1 with no problems at all
so I un-installed your mod and started the game played it for a while don't know
if anything was wrong because its such a long time since I have seen the stock
version running.
loaded your mod back up and yes again the Message box was on something and
could not standstill the icons didn't light up when selected. these things I have
seen before so I saved the game and exited it.
I then restarted the game without making any changes and off it went with no problems so what could cause this I wonder is JSGME not writing all the files
across the first time you enable the mods I think this is unlikely.
I would put this down to the Synchronized games form server crap you get at the start
of the game this is somehow restricting the file changes until you save the game
and then reload it. from now on any new mod I load up I will start the game let
it run for a while then save it and restart it and then see if the new changes are working or not.
SeaWolf U-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-10, 04:13 AM   #1691
SeamanStaines
Watch

Downloads: 21

For the newbies out there who want to try this, what other intrsuctions aren't made clear in the 1st post?

I enabled the main v2.1.o mod
I figured out i need to find the dials subdirectory i want to use and copy that too, to the SH5 mod directory, before being able to enable it (jsgme). I've chosen 'all dials'.

Still cant see any dials in game with manual targeting on or off.

cheers
SeamanStaines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-10, 10:00 AM   #1692
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeamanStaines View Post
For the newbies out there who want to try this, what other intrsuctions aren't made clear in the 1st post?

I enabled the main v2.1.o mod
I figured out i need to find the dials subdirectory i want to use and copy that too, to the SH5 mod directory, before being able to enable it (jsgme). I've chosen 'all dials'.

Still cant see any dials in game with manual targeting on or off.

cheers
Did you edit the TheDarkWaithOptions.py file to indicate you were using All Dials instead of Minimal Dials?

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-10, 10:30 AM   #1693
Monte
Watch

Downloads: 101

My officer icons don´t change if an officer is wounded. Are there some changes I have to do in the 'TheDarkWaithOptions.py'?
Or is it because of my Dual AMD processor?
Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-10, 10:47 AM   #1694
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte View Post
My officer icons don´t change if an officer is wounded. Are there some changes I have to do in the 'TheDarkWaithOptions.py'?
Or is it because of my Dual AMD processor?
then your officer's aren't getting wounded How do you know they are wounded?
Old 05-06-10, 11:03 AM   #1695
Monte
Watch

Downloads: 101

I know it when I click on my moving officer to open the dialog window. In the top right corner theres a red text 'wounded' and the orders are greyed out (I´m not able to chose an order). I thought that the officer icon would change when this happens.
Monte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui