Closed Thread

Old 12-19-16, 04:02 AM   #4531
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
If the militia is called up for national service you guys couldn't get resupplied. If you go rebel it's Federal government ammo that'd be available for forage. Either way better to chamber for 5.56x45.
The voice of reason

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 12-19-16, 07:08 AM   #4532
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Today is an oddity for both Clinton's:http://www.history.com/this-day-in-h...nton-impeached

December 19th, 1998 President Clinton impeached
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 12-19-16, 07:32 AM   #4533
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
The voice of reason
Just trying to cover all the bases!

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online  
Old 12-19-16, 10:56 AM   #4534
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
Here is a list of faithless electors

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faithless_elector
Electors who do not vote as they pledged to should be held to their promise and the electoral college process not perverted by people who do not understand its working and protection of minority and majority rights.

Let's look at this election, for instance. Popular vote: Clinton 50.9%, Trump 49.1% only if you look at the aggregate total country. But let's look at the vote of the states!

In California, Clinton won over trump by a total of 4 million votes. Her total US margin is about 2 million votes. What does this mean. If we take the stupid (it is stupid because it is acting with knowing expediency, taking a position that will hurt the purveyors of this position in the future, but they don't care. They want what they want NOW. This is the perfect definition of stupidity) position, we're letting one state on the left coast, California, reverse the decision of all 49 other states: that Trump won the election.

The Electoral College worked exactly as it is meant to do. It prevented the overwhelming opinion of one state from overruling the opinions of the other 49.

For backup, here is the opinion of James E. Campbell, a UB Distinguished Professor of Political Science at the University at Buffalo, SUNY, and the author of "Polarized: Making Sense of a Divided America".

His most interesting observation, and it is dead on target: "First, had the election been conducted with rules awarding the presidency to the popular-vote winner, the candidates and many voters quite probably would have acted very differently and the popular vote would not have been the same. Trump and Clinton would have campaigned in the "safe" states. Potential voters in those states would have felt more pressure to turn out and to vote for "the lesser of two evils" and not to waste their votes on third-party candidates. Some additional Clinton voters would probably have shown up, but gains on the Trump side would probably have been larger as more reluctant Republicans would have been pushed to return to the fold, particularly in big blue states like California, New York, and Illinois."

You see what the stupid people are demanding? They demand that we conduct a campaign under one set of rules and count the votes under another completely different set of rules. And they demand that we do it secretly so that candidates don't change their strategies to reflect how the votes will be eventually counted. This is madness.

The fact is that Hillary and Trump ran on electoral strategies. Remember Hillary's "Electoral Wall?" Was she protesting the electoral college or embracing it? She was ENTHUSIASTICALLY embracing it. The election was decided by those rules, which all were informed of and were in agreement with. Trump won. On January 20, he will rightfully be sworn in as President of the United States.

John Kennedy won in 1960, in spite of massive voter fraud in Chicago, removal of which would have handed the election to Richard Nixon. Nixon, putting the good of the country ahead of his own ambition quickly, loudly and publicly announced that the election was over. Kennedy had won.

Isn't it amazing that present day left wingers are less morally excellent than Richard Nixon? In fact they are despicable. They deserve our scorn and further deserve to be entirely ignored in any national question in the future. Those who are too enlightened to act in their own interest have elected not to be a part of any decision making process in the future. Electors who betray the wishes of the voters who voted for them need to be prosecuted and imprisoned.

Of course that will not happen. Thuggish machine politics is a grand tradition in the big cities of the US, has been on the wane partly because of the actions of more principled Democrats of the past, and will resurge with sharp teeth and a pitiless vengeance because of the unprincipled, elitist left wingers of the present. Woodrow Wilson, Theodore Roosevelt and the progressives of the early 1900s would be ashamed of them.

That's why Trump's greatest promise, and the one that is being talked about least, is his promise to reverse the handing out crumbs to the citizens of our blighted inner cities and bring them to life with what they really want: opportunity.

I'm not saying Trump will deliver, everything is subject to question until he actually delivers (we conservatives have been betrayed way too often to declare victory prematurely), but if he really brings expatriate corporations back to the US, locating them in the big cities on the condition that they employ the present residents. If he really can bring prosperity to people who have been locked in a knowing cycle of dependency (here's a crumb so you don't die before you can vote for me again), the hold of the left wing is permanently over.

These people are American citizens. They daily risk their lives for the "jobs" they now perform. Do you risk YOUR life in your job? Neither should they have to. They deserve the same shot at achievement as any other American. They deserve the respect not to be tossed condescending crumbs to extend their misery to the next election. They deserve to vote for those who actually work on their behalf.

Is that going to be Trump? We live in very interesting times.

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 12-19-16 at 11:09 AM.
Old 12-19-16, 03:09 PM   #4535
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

so much for the revolt, Trump is now at 240 and just needs Texas to put him over the line:

http://www.270towin.com/news/#.WFg-ONIrLcs

not one "faithless" elector so far...

go TEXAS, GO!
Old 12-19-16, 03:26 PM   #4536
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
so much for the revolt, Trump is now at 240 and just needs Texas to put him over the line:

http://www.270towin.com/news/#.WFg-ONIrLcs

not one "faithless" elector so far...

go TEXAS, GO!
Proves something about how the news media can drum up stuff that never happens ... they don't just report the news anymore.
or achievement

Old 12-19-16, 03:45 PM   #4537
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Proves something about how the news media can drum up stuff that never happens ... they don't just report the news anymore.
I don't trust a word the USA mainstream media says anymore, not one word. They're going to spend the next four years trying to prevent anything good from happening in the USA. Personally, I'd put them all in internment camps. Let's just hire sportscasters from now on to report on everything.
Old 12-19-16, 05:10 PM   #4538
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

If I understand the page Bilge_Rat linked to, I see there are already 4 faithless electoral and what surprise me is that it wasn't on Trump side, but 4 from Clinton side, that is if I understood the page correct.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 12-19-16, 05:15 PM   #4539
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
If I understand the page Bilge_Rat linked to, I see there are already 4 faithless electoral and what surprise me is that it wasn't on Trump side, but 4 from Clinton side, that is if I understood the page correct.

Markus
That was Washington State ... recent count 4 minutes ago:http://www.wktv.com/news/Protests_as...ose_Trump.html

Trump at 262 to Clinton's 166 electoral votes
or achievement

Old 12-19-16, 05:33 PM   #4540
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

I know Trump does not like them, but I think the SNL skits are hilarious:

Old 12-19-16, 05:42 PM   #4541
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
That was Washington State ... recent count 4 minutes ago:http://www.wktv.com/news/Protests_as...ose_Trump.html

Trump at 262 to Clinton's 166 electoral votes
Trump is formally the Next President of USA.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 12-19-16, 05:58 PM   #4542
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

It's all over ... nothing left to see. Good-by old thread:

or achievement

Old 12-19-16, 06:33 PM   #4543
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Does that mean this thread is finally closed?
Old 12-19-16, 06:35 PM   #4544
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Congratulation to those who vote Trump

To those who voted on Clinton and had hope for her-You will get another chance in about 4 years from now, where she or some other Democrat will run for the White House.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 12-19-16, 06:46 PM   #4545
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

It is telling that a large number of the faithless electors were faithless to Hillary.

It was not a wise choice to put her up for the nomination.

Tags
clinton, cuba, doomed, election, marx, president, trump