SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-27-13, 08:56 PM   #976
Admiral Halsey
Best Admiral in the USN

Downloads: 298
Uploads: 0

God I just love that smoke.
Admiral Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-13, 09:10 PM   #977
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

The smoke and flames look very lifelike.
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-13, 09:40 PM   #978
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

I wouldn't like to be aboard with all that fire.

Looking forward to the release
Old 10-27-13, 10:58 PM   #979
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115

Pretty screenshots!

I'm loving this! Can't wait!
Old 10-28-13, 04:11 AM   #980
SnipersHunter
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 201

Nice
SnipersHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-13, 06:57 PM   #981
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Halsey View Post
Do you remember what the consensus was?
If you go back to all the talk about it for SH3? We didn't do it until SH4 did it.
Then Since SH4 don't allow killing them? The SH3 mods don't allow it.
It's a choice of the Modder doing the Mod.
I was a big supporter of not allowing the killing of them visual or any other way.

I have changed my position on that.
I want to make them destroyable with a very high price.
I also want the proper animations should you do so.
Old 10-31-13, 06:53 AM   #982
Xall
Mate

Downloads: 137

I can tell you, it has been a long time since I have been so excited and eager for a mod.

It also has been some time since I last checked, it is turning out great...!

I cannot wait to play this, BUT however much we want it, do not rush, take your time, if it needs another two years so be it.

Rome Total War II is the perfect example for an early release.

This is worth all the wait.

Keep up the good work guys, loving every bit of it.
Xall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-13, 10:49 AM   #983
polyfiller
Weps

Downloads: 40

I have to say, those screenshots of sinking & the fires look amazing - great job IABM.

I am assuming you linked a newly created or modified flame effect to the damage zones you applied to the ship ? If so, don't suppose you are willing toshare the details of the effects for the fires & smoke ?

I'm not a WWI fan, but have to say, I need to re-consider on the basis of what this mod is promising... keep up the great work
polyfiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-13, 10:10 AM   #984
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358

Superb work. well done

I understand that the survivor question is a bit on the lighter side but i have strong feelings about it from the history i mentioned. re family i had family naval on both sides of both wars...the BB in question was BB 39 USN, Captain Van Valkenberg he remains at his post but they salves his sword from his day cabin which we treasure. Three other cousins were U boat kaptains in the WWII, one of the U 223 which succeeded with one of the few successful stern shot sinkings as his own boat was about to go down, the other two both Kaptain of Supply submarines which some call "milk cows" all three went down with their boats. Another was kaptain of a DD and he survived the war, after saving over 8000 people from baltic towns just ahead of the Soviets with his ship. My grandfather who was in the WWI made it thru, he had ship fire in the engine room and pulled eight men out and then they had to pull him out as he was over come by the smoke..and he eventually passed away from emphasima from that event.

All fine men and typical of their trade...and as you say, most worked very hard to save lives when they could glad you saw that in your research. Also glad about your fan and system.

wonderful pics of the smoke and fire, very realistic.

When you get to the point of doing final lrelease art work i voluenteer to help ...you can PM me if and when and i can give you my home site for a peek. Last naval painting i did was of the Graf Spee off of South Amerika, but would be glad to lend a hand with your fine effort.

Danke
Old 11-02-13, 11:32 AM   #985
Admiral Halsey
Best Admiral in the USN

Downloads: 298

One of your relatives was the last Captain of the Arizona?
Admiral Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-13, 11:45 AM   #986
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358

Correct. They named a DD after him which his son served on. He was on duty that morning, and went to the bridge to try to get underway and the rest is history. Sadly black powder had been stored in the forward magazine for the signal gun that was unsecured and we think that is what contributed to the massive result.
Old 11-15-13, 03:02 PM   #987
Bunkerw0808
Bosun

Downloads: 48

is a surface warfare mod planned for some time round?
I remember seing an Emden and Helogland ww1 ship mod, I think there even was a koenig mod with ww1 AA guns! Maybe you could make these mods compatible???
Bunkerw0808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-13, 05:55 PM   #988
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Von Gerlach View Post
Superb work. well done

I understand that the survivor question is a bit on the lighter side but i have strong feelings about it from the history i mentioned. re family i had family naval on both sides of both wars...the BB in question was BB 39 USN, Captain Van Valkenberg he remains at his post but they salves his sword from his day cabin which we treasure. Three other cousins were U boat kaptains in the WWII, one of the U 223 which succeeded with one of the few successful stern shot sinkings as his own boat was about to go down, the other two both Kaptain of Supply submarines which some call "milk cows" all three went down with their boats. Another was kaptain of a DD and he survived the war, after saving over 8000 people from baltic towns just ahead of the Soviets with his ship. My grandfather who was in the WWI made it thru, he had ship fire in the engine room and pulled eight men out and then they had to pull him out as he was over come by the smoke..and he eventually passed away from emphasima from that event.

All fine men and typical of their trade...and as you say, most worked very hard to save lives when they could glad you saw that in your research. Also glad about your fan and system.

wonderful pics of the smoke and fire, very realistic.

When you get to the point of doing final lrelease art work i voluenteer to help ...you can PM me if and when and i can give you my home site for a peek. Last naval painting i did was of the Graf Spee off of South Amerika, but would be glad to lend a hand with your fine effort.

Danke
Thank you for the info (and your offer to help)! I never would have guessed that you were related to the captain of "Arizona" - I assumed that you were referring to a german battleship. Such a tragedy, and a terrible end to that ship - in my opinion, she was one of the most beautiful of the old American battleships.

Very unique, having relatives who fought on both sides of WWII. As far as my family goes, I had a cousin who enlisted in the RAF in 1943 and ended up having to sail to Britain to take up his post. I'm glad he didn't meet any of your cousins at sea!

"Bunkerw0808" - with respect to a surface mod, my attitude is first things first. I have a development staff of one (little ol' me!), and although I would love to see surface action as much as you would, designing the submarine warfare component is difficult enough. If things go smoothly and WOTK is completed in 2014 - 2015, then MAYBE. In the meantime, try "Jutland" by Storm Eagle Studios - the graphics are a bit more dated than SH4, but the attention to detail regarding 1914 - 1918 surface combat is excellent.

As for updates, I have whipped up more merchant ships based on the one posted earlier, but screenshots aren't really needed. Simply moving around the superstructure, adding taller & shorter funnels, etc gives a good impression of variety while saving time.

Last night I began work on conning towers for the older diesel powered boats like U-23 and U-27. A worthy project for this weekend.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-13, 06:37 PM   #989
raymond6751
Admirable Mike

Downloads: 421
Default Thanks

Your audience appreciates your hard work. We are all waiting patiently (?) for the curtain to rise.

Carry on...
Old 11-16-13, 07:48 AM   #990
Bunkerw0808
Bosun

Downloads: 48

Thx, i saw some gameplay of Jutland and it looks good.I just had an idea for the far future
Bunkerw0808 is offline   Reply With Quote