SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-25-22, 03:52 AM   #4801
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 0

This is a long video, and anti MAGA, but I like the way it's lawyers discussing the merits of the litigation surrounding Trump and MAGA, good, or bad. Michael Popok pretty much stays with the dry legal points, and Ben will flavor with more opinion I wish he'd downplay more, but I've yet to catch these two in any opinion that turns out wrong. Popok is the one to listen to.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-22, 09:33 AM   #4802
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

A Democrat Kind of Christmas

Ya but what about Trump and Kari Lake drama? Any day now!

EXCLUSIVE: Instagram v. reality! San Francisco unveils taxpayer-funded open-air Christmas market that's become dystopian hellhole after being besieged by city's famed druggies

A video reveals San Francisco's downtown Christmas market to not be so festive
The video was posted onto social media channels by a concerned SF resident
It shows drug paraphernalia and people sleeping rough in close proximity
Promo videos tell a different story making the event out to be 'family friendly'
A resident who lives in the area said she has felt forced out because of addicts
'Winter Wanderland Holiday Village' is close to the now closed Tenderloin center

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-hellhole.html

San Francisco's taxpayer-funded open air Christmas market, hoped to be a wholesome holiday outing for families, is in fact a dystopian hellhole besieged by the city's famed drug addicts.

At least that's what concerned residents living near the market have revealed to DailyMail.com, with one property owner filming and posting to social media what she's described to be a 'horrible decline' in the area.

Her clip shows a homeless person under a blanket just a few yards away from the Winter Wanderland market in the sunken Hallidie Plaza, near City Hall.

The camera then pans down to the market itself, where two people dressed as cuddly characters perform on a small stage. Our camerawoman then zooms off to the left, and films a man swigging from what appears to be a bottle of brown liquor.

The 'Winter Wanderland' has been set up at Union Square in downtown San Francisco, just minutes from the now closed Tenderloin Linkage Center. It was set up to help addicts get clean, but DailyMail.com soon revealed widespread illegal drug use had been taking place.

The footage filmed by the concerned mother of two is in stark contrast to promotional material posted by the organizers of the holiday market on social media channels, who described the event as 'family friendly.'

In the footage filmed by the concerned mother, viewers can see a person sleeping next to what appears to be a pile of clothes, with used syringes scattered among the belongings.

The video then speeds up to show their proximity to the Hallidie Plaza and Powell BART station 'Winter Wanderland Holiday Village.'

The 25 second video finishes on a near-to-empty plaza with two people dressed up dancing on a stage - one wearing a snowman costume, the other a reindeer.

In a caption the woman, who asked to remain nameless, writes: 'Misery, drug abuse, overdosing, drug dealing and mayor's 'Winter Wanderland' at Hallidie Plaza and Powell BART station at downtown San Francisco. Who is this charade for?'

Promotional footage uploaded to social media by the organizers of the 'Winter Wanderland Holiday Village' however tells a different, more polished, version of events.

The video starts with a performer juggling, soundtracked by Christmas carols before panning to a group of children eagerly watching on.

The advertisement then cuts to a woman dressed as the beloved Children's character 'Minnie Mouse' while wearing a COVID-safe face mask, with the caption 'balloon twisting fun and face painting' at the bottom of the screen.

The woman is seen politely waving to viewers and saying 'hi, there' before the video ends on festive Christmas tree display.

While preparing Christmas Eve dinner for her family, the mother of seven-year-old twins told DailyMail.com of the 'nightmare' her once beloved city has turned into.

'I am a property owner just above that Powell BART station,' she said.

'[I've seen a] horrible decline since March 2020. It's a nightmare, it's all drugs.'

The San Francisco resident said she had a love/hate relationship with the city but was being forced to move due to the declining situation.

'We just made offer on a house in Alameda, we can't take this anymore,' she said.

'I have a love/hate relationship with the city. I don't want to move but I have no choice.'

The Union Square Alliance, through a $500,000 grant from the Office of Economic and Workforce Development, installed Christmas trees, wreaths, snowflakes and other hanging ornaments, along with a slew of booths for vendors at the location.

Downtown San Francisco's economic recovery has been uneven, and 2021 saw episodes of large-scale retail theft.

The city's offices have the lowest occupancy of any major city, as its tech-focused workforce continues to work from home. That has shuttered many businesses and left the streets eerily empty, further allowing crime to proliferate.

Union Square's holiday tree saw some mischief and vandalism earlier in the month but organizers weren't worried going into the festive season.

San Francisco is governed by a leadership who appear to have set their priorities on masking the ever-present and deteriorating situation in its downtown district.

Its progressive, humanitarian self-image has been at odds with lawmaking - even when looking to solutions to save people's lives like controlling drug sales and consumption throughout the city.

The festive market sits but a 15 min walk from the now shut Tenderloin center which was supposed to put addicts in touch with rehab facilities, but was revealed by DailyMail.com to operating as a secret illegal drug use site has since closed.

The Tenderloin Center was opened by San Francisco Mayor London Breed at the beginning of the year to tackle the city's ongoing drug crisis and cost about $22million to operate.

The site was often referred to as a 'safe place' for addicts to 'get high without getting robbed,' according to one person who used the center.

In the first four months of the center's opening, was said to only refer 18 people of the more than 23,000 it welcomed into the site.

Overall less than one per cent of visits ended in a 'completed linkage' to behavioral health programs.

City leaders, including Breed, now say the site was a 'temporary solution' offered up as a way to avoid the more than 640 overdose deaths San Francisco saw in 2021.

Despite their efforts, 2022 has been nearly just as deadly as more than 500 people have died from overdoses throughout the California city. In 2021, there were 641.

Officials had also hoped the site would offer a place to deal with the homeless crisis the city has faced in recent months and years.

Some estimates indicate that hundreds of people visited the Tenderloin Center while it was open, and more than 350 overdoses were reversed at the location.

Mayor Breed had originally allotted just $10 million for the project but it quickly ballooned to more than double that estimate.

In total, some 400 individuals were provided with assistance each day, according to the San Francisco Department of Public Health.

A large portion of those who took advantage of the site used it specifically for shelter or food.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 12-25-22 at 10:37 AM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-22, 11:53 AM   #4803
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/12/22/o...ery/index.html

Two important quesitons asked. Two replies that are food for tought.
Old 12-25-22, 02:33 PM   #4804
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

there many loopholes in income taxes good enough accountant tax person will find it also there only one other person that didn't take the president pay that was jfk
Old 12-25-22, 11:48 PM   #4805
Torvald Von Mansee
Sea Lord

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by les green01 View Post
there many loopholes in income taxes good enough accountant tax person will find it also there only one other person that didn't take the president pay that was jfk
What's your point? If it's legal it's moral? So, if it's legal to set a puppy on fire, it's a moral thing to do?
Old 12-25-22, 11:51 PM   #4806
Torvald Von Mansee
Sea Lord

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
A Democrat Kind of Christmas
Like depositing people in teen temperature weather on the street because you think your crippled ass should be President some day? Just like Jesus would do.
Old 12-26-22, 01:53 AM   #4807
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torvald Von Mansee View Post
What's your point? If it's legal it's moral? So, if it's legal to set a puppy on fire, it's a moral thing to do?

Was taking your personal deduction on your taxes last year the moral thing to do? There's no difference. And setting puppies on fire is not legal.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-22, 04:51 AM   #4808
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
who's give a crap if it imoral you think hell flame going burn less is it imoral to step on a bug you don't see or mash it in a auto windshield people that preaches imoral crap probably just as guilty has the ones that don't
Old 12-26-22, 03:01 PM   #4809
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Like depositing people in teen temperature weather on the street because you think your crippled ass should be President some day? Just like Jesus would do.
What’s your point? I’m not crippled and last I looked my arse wasn’t running for president and I don’t believe in Jesus but his moral teachings yes.

Migrants are routinely shipped out of state and logistics and contingency plans are already in place. It just so happened these migrants came to the U.S. during winter and it’s damn cold outside. Many if not all were scheduled to arrive in New York. Did it ever occur to you they stopped in D.C. because further North East the U.S. is suffering from the worst blizzard in over 50 years, white outs & icy road conditions? I bet that thought wasn’t even a blip on the RADAR was it? Oh hell no, Blue Anon headlines immediately make being dropped off “near” the Naval Observatory another political conspiracy theory. The typical Democrat response never fails. Oh how they love to thump their chests while proclaiming to care about all the migrants endangering their lives at the Texas border. But man do those same rich white Democrats pitch a fit when those colored foreigners come into their well to do neighborhoods.

Anyway I suppose if Jesus was the bus driver, rather than endangering the lives of his passengers by driving headlong into a blizzard. He would pull over to the side of the goddamn road and seek shelter.

With a 97 billion dollar budget surplus like California what would your Jesus do? Let me guess, pat himself on the back for building a dystopian winter wonder land for the rich white democrats while out of control homelessness and drug addicts run rampant?

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 12-26-22 at 08:48 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-22, 08:39 PM   #4810
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54

Warning, it's got a load of cuss words. If you got kids get them out of the room before you watch this.

Last edited by Kptlt. Neuerburg; 12-26-22 at 08:48 PM.
Kptlt. Neuerburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-22, 09:22 PM   #4811
Buddahaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
What’s your point? I’m not crippled and last I looked my arse wasn’t running for president and I don’t believe in Jesus but his moral teachings yes.

Migrants are routinely shipped out of state and logistics and contingency plans are already in place. It just so happened these migrants came to the U.S. during winter and it’s damn cold outside. Many if not all were scheduled to arrive in New York. Did it ever occur to you they stopped in D.C. because further North East the U.S. is suffering from the worst blizzard in over 50 years, white outs & icy road conditions? I bet that thought wasn’t even a blip on the RADAR was it? Oh hell no, Blue Anon headlines immediately make being dropped off “near” the Naval Observatory another political conspiracy theory. The typical Democrat response never fails. Oh how they love to thump their chests while proclaiming to care about all the migrants endangering their lives at the Texas border. But man do those same rich white Democrats pitch a fit when those colored foreigners come into their well to do neighborhoods.

Anyway I suppose if Jesus was the bus driver, rather than endangering the lives of his passengers by driving headlong into a blizzard. He would pull over to the side of the goddamn road and seek shelter.

With a 97 billion dollar budget surplus like California what would your Jesus do? Let me guess, pat himself on the back for building a dystopian winter wonder land for the rich white democrats while out of control homelessness and drug addicts run rampant?
So shall we start comparing Miami's problem with SF's? Drug problems in Florida?

David Bowie
Old 12-27-22, 09:20 PM   #4812
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
"Kari Lake has lost her frivolous lawsuit in Maricopa County challenging the results of the 2022 Arizona governor’s race."

Lost on all counts and there will likely be sanctions as well. Again the MAGA side hires complete idiots for lawyers.
Guess Political Santa dropped you a lump of coal there Bud!

Quote:
Maricopa judge refuses to sanction Kari Lake, saying claims weren't 'groundless'

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-sanction-lake

Old 12-27-22, 09:31 PM   #4813
Buddahaid

Nope, it's the judges ruling, still, the plaintif's lawyers failed to provide any "clear and convincing" evidence for any of the allegations.

David Bowie
Old 12-27-22, 09:37 PM   #4814
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Nope, it's the judges ruling, still, the plaintif's lawyers failed to provide any "clear and convincing" evidence for any of the allegations.

But not frivolous or groundless. Maybe with some better lawyers like you suggest she would have prevailed.

Old 12-27-22, 09:41 PM   #4815
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
So shall we start comparing Miami's problem with SF's? Drug problems in Florida?

I've been to both Miami and SF. Of the two Miami was a much nicer and cleaner place.