SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-17-22, 12:54 PM   #1
Lukyn971
Swabbie

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0
Default GWX Uboat max range bug

Hello. I have installed GWX 3 Gold from this page: http://www.thegreywolves.com/index.php and i noticed that the mod changed max submarine range to something unrealistic. I have searched for it and type VII B range was around 16 000 km at speed of 10 knots while my VII B sub aftert installing GWX has nearly 30 000 km at 10 knots! Im in second patrol, october 1939 so i dont know if other types are affected but i guess they are...
is there way to fix this?
Lukyn971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-22, 04:40 PM   #2
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 846

Change the settings in the data/Submarine/NSS_Uboat***/NSS_Uboat***.sim file
Old 01-17-22, 06:26 PM   #3
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Be careful trying to apply real world specs to a game including this one.
- many times the real world specs are "lab" specs vs. "working world" specs.
- many times real world specs are justifiably not used because they won't work for game play reasons.
I have no idea if this is the case in your GWX example but if it is, you could possibly "break" some intended game play affect by changing the values.
Fwiw.
Old 01-18-22, 06:43 AM   #4
Lukyn971
Swabbie

Thank you for quick response. Looks like i will let it be as it is for i don't want to break the game and second reason is i don't have anything to open .sim file.

Moreover i have found another problem... I have tried later dates 1942 and 1943 to test if other submarines are affected with this too but it crashed every time... no matter if i start the game via SH3 commander or sh3.exe. And i found it is caused by one of installed mods, because when i disable them and start it with only GWX installed, it works.

Here is my mod list, so guys if you have any idea which mod could cause this, i will be really grateful.. It looks that after i get back from work i will not cruise the oceans for tonnage but rather test one mod after other to find, which one cause this and why...

GWX 16km Atm.
GWX Alternate loadscreen - full circle
GWX Integrated orders
GWX Merged campaign
GWX Open hatch mod
Widescreen MaGui v 3.4
Widescreen MaGui FIX for GWX
German Images for Widescreen
Optional - blue recmanual for Widescreen
Torpedo solution button
Salvo selector labels
M.E.P v6
Optional - FSF for MEP v6
Optional - ShipVanishingHull for MEP v6
Optional - Zoomable Free Camera
M.E.P v6 VisualSensors for GWX
Rbs1 SH4 Effects GWX 30 71
LifeBoats&Debris v3B
Rbs3 withlifeboat
Rbs2 withbuoyance
Rbs10 enhanced oil expl.
Moonlight mod
New clearsky clouds
Sh3 volumetric clouds&fog
Rubinis underwater dust and plancton
Real depth charge
Additional depth charge
Thomsen sound pack
KB Diesel sound mod
Haunting atlantic wind
TKSS 18 German uboats compilation
German uboats compilation 2 only (VIIB & VIIC by WISE)
New uboat guns fix
Fix all sub gwx
TMT v2 GWX3
Enhanced funnel smoke and thomsens ships
Supplement to V16B1
Old 01-18-22, 10:14 AM   #5
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukyn971 View Post
Thank you for quick response. Looks like i will let it be as it is for i don't want to break the game and second reason is i don't have anything to open .sim file.

Moreover i have found another problem... I have tried later dates 1942 and 1943 to test if other submarines are affected with this too but it crashed every time... no matter if i start the game via SH3 commander or sh3.exe. And i found it is caused by one of installed mods, because when i disable them and start it with only GWX installed, it works.

Here is my mod list, so guys if you have any idea which mod could cause this, i will be really grateful.. It looks that after i get back from work i will not cruise the oceans for tonnage but rather test one mod after other to find, which one cause this and why...

GWX 16km Atm.
GWX Integrated orders
GWX Merged campaign < - Don't use this unless you're playing the game in the area represented. See the GWX manual.
GWX Open hatch mod
Widescreen MaGui v 3.4
Torpedo solution button
Salvo selector labels
M.E.P v6
LifeBoats&Debris v3B
Rbs3 withlifeboat
Rbs2 withbuoyance
Rbs10 enhanced oil expl.
Moonlight mod
New clearsky clouds
Real depth charge
Additional depth charge
Thomsen sound pack
KB Diesel sound mod
Haunting atlantic wind
TKSS 18 German uboats compilation < - Assorted problems with this file and the next one, especially with GWX. I believe there is a fix available, do a forum search or maybe someone else will provide it. It may even be the Fix all sub gwx mod you already have.
New uboat guns fix
Fix all sub gwx
TMT v2 GWX3 < - Iirc, this has a cam ship file in it, M36, that is configured incorrectly. Causes ctd until fixed. I can tell you how if desired.
Supplement to V16B1

In general, the more mods one has the greater the chance for problems. Here is a program that will allow you to edit the .sim files if desired.
Old 01-18-22, 02:16 PM   #6
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Hi,

it's not a bug, it's a feature... see page 50+51 in the GWX manual.

Living on a flat surface... is sometimes tricky...

Best, LGN1
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 03:08 PM   #7
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN1 View Post
Hi,

it's not a bug, it's a feature... see page 50+51 in the GWX manual.

Living on a flat surface... is sometimes tricky...

Best, LGN1

Thanks LGN1.
Old 01-18-22, 03:24 PM   #8
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15

Quote:

GWX 16km Atm.
GWX Integrated orders
GWX Merged campaign < - Don't use this unless you're playing the game in the area represented. See the GWX manual.
GWX Open hatch mod
Widescreen MaGui v 3.4
Torpedo solution button
Salvo selector labels
M.E.P v6
LifeBoats&Debris v3B
Rbs3 withlifeboat
Rbs2 withbuoyance
Rbs10 enhanced oil expl.
Moonlight mod
New clearsky clouds
Real depth charge
Additional depth charge
Thomsen sound pack
KB Diesel sound mod
Haunting atlantic wind
TKSS 18 German uboats compilation < - Assorted problems with this file and the next one, especially with GWX. I believe there is a fix available, do a forum search or maybe someone else will provide it. It may even be the Fix all sub gwx mod you already have.
New uboat guns fix
Fix all sub gwx < - Iirc, this has a cam ship file in it, M36, that is configured incorrectly. Causes ctd until fixed. I can tell you how if desired.
TMT v2 GWX3
Supplement to V16B1
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
In general, the more mods one has the greater the chance for problems. Here is a program that will allow you to edit the .sim files if desired.
Have.. an even simpler solution.

1. Look up OneAlex's GWX rework... as they do great conversion work... with GWX3 & this includes SH3Cmdr in it, as well. Simple download, unzip... drop where you want to (though, NEVER in either of C:\ 's Program file folders... EVER. ) & after that... you're pretty golden.

2. Another GWX set to consider & pretty good, building on & furthering OneAlex's work.. is ToyotaGT86's work. As with OneAlex's, is straightforward fairly simple... d/l, unzip, install (making sure to note above in the 1 Alex notes) & you're pretty much golden.

3. Last, & most definitely NOT least, by any means... is Anvar1061's GWR (Grey Wolves Revisioned) work. This 1, does take a wee bit of making sure of how you install, (initially fer noobs & 1st timers... & maybe 2nd timers... ) but once you get used to it... it generally becomes 2nd hat to ya... & afterwards, can roll through setting up... relatively pain free.

As with 1 & 2, (see notes on install...) set up where you desire for it to be.... & pretty much golden.

Hope this info helps... as always.

M. M.

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 01-18-22 at 04:10 PM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 04:06 PM   #9
Lukyn971
Swabbie

It is casued by the last enabled mod, Supplement to V16B1. I have activated one mod after another and started camapign in 1943, 2nd flotilla. And it worked until i activated Supplement to V16B1. Why?

And guys i would like to thank each of you for your help. It´s really nice to see such great and helpful community here.
Old 01-18-22, 04:17 PM   #10
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15

Quote:
It is casued by the last enabled mod, Supplement to V16B1. I have activated one mod after another and started camapign in 1943, 2nd flotilla. And it worked until i activated Supplement to V16B1. Why?

And guys i would like to thank each of you for your help. It´s really nice to see such great and helpful community here.
Supplement to v16B1, is the... stiebler's add on to h.sie's .exe fix iirc & as such... the instructions are detailed & in order for it to work correctly... has to be done as outlined.

If any aspect of it, is missed or not done right... can & will cause issues... depending on how bad the error was or is.

That... is, as I understand the whole process of working with h.sie, stiebler's work &... I also think that relates to Tycho's patch, as well.

Which, with those... the order I outlined them, is recommended order to work them in. Others that are more knowledgeable can expand on that further... what I've mentioned, is just the basic bare bones... as I understand it.

M. M.
Old 01-18-22, 04:34 PM   #11
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:

That is H.sie's patch. Hard to say what the conflict it without seeing what options you have enabled with it.
But when you installed it via JSGME, did it overwrite anything ? If so that may be a place to look.
Also go over the instructions for his patch and make sure you did it correctly.
Good job narrowing it down.
Old 01-19-22, 04:39 AM   #12
Lukyn971
Swabbie

Quote:
That is H.sie's patch. Hard to say what the conflict it without seeing what options you have enabled with it.
But when you installed it via JSGME, did it overwrite anything ? If so that may be a place to look.
Also go over the instructions for his patch and make sure you did it correctly.
Good job narrowing it down.
I'm not at home right now but basically what JSGME says is that en menu.txt and de menu.txt is already present in another mod, i think Widescreen MaGui v 3.4, only these to txt files. I have done everything exactly as it is in the video tutorial, so i don't know where could be the problem. I will look at it today and try to patch it once again according to instructions.
Old 01-19-22, 07:49 AM   #13
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
I'm not at home right now but basically what JSGME says is that en menu.txt and de menu.txt is already present in another mod, i think Widescreen MaGui v 3.4, only these to txt files. I have done everything exactly as it is in the video tutorial, so i don't know where could be the problem. I will look at it today and try to patch it once again according to instructions.

Neither of those files matter in terms of ctds. Let us know how it goes. That video is well done, but might be best to also read the instructions H.sie wrought for the patch.
I.e., he is the author of the patch, not the video maker.
Also, I'm assuming your were able to successfully patch your .exe file with H.sie's patch and it is in the Supplement folder ? If not that is the root of the problem.
Old 01-19-22, 08:07 AM   #14
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Have.. an even simpler solution.

1. Look up OneAlex's GWX rework... as they do great conversion work... with GWX3 & this includes SH3Cmdr in it, as well. Simple download, unzip... drop where you want to (though, NEVER in either of C:\ 's Program file folders... EVER. ) & after that... you're pretty golden.

2. Another GWX set to consider & pretty good, building on & furthering OneAlex's work.. is ToyotaGT86's work. As with OneAlex's, is straightforward fairly simple... d/l, unzip, install (making sure to note above in the 1 Alex notes) & you're pretty much golden.

3. Last, & most definitely NOT least, by any means... is Anvar1061's GWR (Grey Wolves Revisioned) work. This 1, does take a wee bit of making sure of how you install, (initially fer noobs & 1st timers... & maybe 2nd timers... ) but once you get used to it... it generally becomes 2nd hat to ya... & afterwards, can roll through setting up... relatively pain free.

As with 1 & 2, (see notes on install...) set up where you desire for it to be.... & pretty much golden.

Hope this info helps... as always.

M. M.

Good idea M.M.
Old 01-19-22, 09:13 AM   #15
Lukyn971
Swabbie

Quote:
Neither of those files matter in terms of ctds. Let us know how it goes. That video is well done, but might be best to also read the instructions H.sie wrought for the patch.
I.e., he is the author of the patch, not the video maker.
Also, I'm assuming your were able to successfully patch your .exe file with H.sie's patch and it is in the Supplement folder ? If not that is the root of the problem.
Yes, patched .exe file is in supplement folder