SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-31-21, 06:59 AM   #1
kyle9154
Commander

Downloads: 368
Uploads: 0
Default Randomised patrol grids in SH3

When you start a career through sh3 or sh3commander, it auto allocates a grid for you to patrol for 24 hrs. It draws the grid determination from the Flotilla.cfg file in Cfg folder but I find it is always the same 10-15 grids that it randomly chooses. I know I can set it in SH3commander to what grid I want, but I want it to be random and not selected by me but also not the same limited random ones chosen all the time. I want it to generate a grid from a larger pools of grid choices from Flotilla.cfg file if your getting what I mean.

Does anyone have a modified/edited Flotilla.cfg file that gives more grid locations/variations when auto generating one for you?

Admin for the Onealex Mod Discord - https://discord.gg/bKCdQekE4W

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSpRvfqFYp0&t
kyle9154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-21, 09:27 AM   #2
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 4

Maybe try just adding some on your own; it's a simple text file. Or won't that work for some reason ?
Old 12-31-21, 10:25 AM   #3
kyle9154
Commander

Downloads: 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
Maybe try just adding some on your own; it's a simple text file. Or won't that work for some reason ?
I suppose I could, I just didn't want to as I mod and test enough stuff out already and was curious if someone had an edited one they use for their careers.

Admin for the Onealex Mod Discord - https://discord.gg/bKCdQekE4W

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSpRvfqFYp0&t
kyle9154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-21, 11:48 AM   #4
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle9154 View Post
I suppose I could, I just didn't want to as I mod and test enough stuff out already and was curious if someone had an edited one they use for their careers.

Understood
Old 01-03-22, 05:03 AM   #5
Kapitän
The Old Man

Downloads: 29

When selecting the patrol grid via Sh3_Cmdr, one can change the patrol grid via the "R" (Randomize) button. For one, one is given different options besides the one patrol grid that was given, and one can also write any patrol grid desired in the field and apply it to the next patrol.

I used to choose my own patrol grids but anymore, I choose one of the options given by clicking the "R" button, depending where I want to go historically, and as I seem to think, that the patrol grids "offered" take into account, any shipping being scripted into those areas by the game engine (could be wrong about that).
Old 01-03-22, 05:46 AM   #6
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitän View Post
When selecting the patrol grid via Sh3_Cmdr, one can change the patrol grid via the "R" (Randomize) button. For one, one is given different options besides the one patrol grid that was given, and one can also write any patrol grid desired in the field and apply it to the next patrol.

I used to choose my own patrol grids but anymore, I choose one of the options given by clicking the "R" button, depending where I want to go historically, and as I seem to think, that the patrol grids "offered" take into account, any shipping being scripted into those areas by the game engine (could be wrong about that).

Actually depending on the mod; the grids are more or less the historical ones the actual flotillas dealt with vs. connected to the game engine any way.
Old 01-04-22, 06:04 AM   #7
Kapitän
The Old Man

Downloads: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
Actually depending on the mod; the grids are more or less the historical ones the actual flotillas dealt with vs. connected to the game engine any way.

Okay, thanks!
Old 01-04-22, 04:23 PM   #8
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Downloads: 360
Default re

Wow, you learn somthing new every day in SHIII. I didn't know about the "R" button. I've seen it, but never checked it out. I will definitely be using it.