SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-06-21, 02:13 PM   #1
Huno41
Seaman

Downloads: 116
Uploads: 0
Default How to safely cross the bay of Biscay in 1943 GWX?

I've reached mid 1942 and the British are starting to mobilize a lot of aircraft and with my slow diving IXC boat I'm starting to get worried about 1943

Could any of the more experienced commanders give me some tips on how to get trough it?
Huno41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 02:31 PM   #2
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huno41 View Post
I've reached mid 1942 and the British are starting to mobilize a lot of aircraft and with my slow diving IXC boat I'm starting to get worried about 1943

Could any of the more experienced commanders give me some tips on how to get trough it?
How it was mostly done historically works; submerged. Period. Come up to recharge batteries\air when needed. Repeat. Grabbing a VII doesn't hurt either.
Another historical way but surfaced is via the Piening route hugging the north coast of Spain though Spain put an end to that fairly quickly. Depending on patrol zone it can also add a lot of mileage to your patrol.
But it beats sinking.

Last edited by John Pancoast; 02-06-21 at 02:47 PM.
John Pancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-21, 05:47 PM   #3
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quit worrying: U'll only die aggravated! Here is the only feizible solution to your problem...in a nutschell! REQUIRED READING no imho 'bout it! https://books.google.com/books?id=lY...ahUKEwieic2S-P < IXC/40's ball-float snorkel (with radar!!) does not yet exist in 1942; so U R gonna be dead. As the u-boat arm of the too-early started conflict lacks such 'till 1944, U need to resign your commission and report to the Russian front! Herr Gross Admiral Dönitz will fuss some but relent in the end as he's going to lose his own 2 sons!? Pack yer long under-wear and extra Pervitin tablets for the Eastern front Either way, the fatherland thanks U in advance for your ultimate sacrifice!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote