SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > UBOAT
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-22-19, 04:10 PM   #1
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK1044 View Post
Maybe 'video game' would be a better term than 'arcade game'. From what I've seen in online videos, what it adds in crew interaction, it loses in atmosphere. In the videos that I've watched, there isn't the same fear of detection that I enjoyed in SH3. Now, in all fairness, SH3 had to go through four significant patches and heavy modding to get there, so I'm hoping that this offering can be similarly modded. I'm happy to purchase it though.
I think that will come with time,
you should see Tmtc's stream where he gets torpedoed by an MTB, if that doesn't put the fear of god in to the player, I don't know what will.
But it might just be the way the beta testers are approaching the game, in a more technical way than an immersive one.
Ill admit silent hunter did the hunter/hunted part very well indeed. but outside of that most of the game was spent staring at the navigation map and UI in time compression - that part, not so good.

Last edited by JU_88; 04-22-19 at 04:18 PM.
JU_88 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-19, 08:15 AM   #2
TDK1044
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JU_88 View Post
I think that will come with time,
you should see Tmtc's stream where he gets torpedoed by an MTB, if that doesn't put the fear of god in to the player, I don't know what will.
But it might just be the way the beta testers are approaching the game, in a more technical way than an immersive one.
Ill admit silent hunter did the hunter/hunted part very well indeed. but outside of that most of the game was spent staring at the navigation map and UI in time compression - that part, not so good.
Yep. Points well made.
TDK1044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-19, 02:02 PM   #3
brett25
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 570

Im excited about the release. If there is one thing I could suggest to the developers is to try and get the hunter hunted aspect in the game. The enemy needs to be intelligent, they need to feel like an adversary.

Its all about waiting below suface after an attack for you payback, waiting for that dreaded ping ringing throuout the boat, the intricate manouvers you have make to creep away. Descending down Dangerous depths with a creaking boat. Constant reports from hydrophone, etc etc. reparing leaks. these are the most immersive and intense moments of SH. Think Das Boot. What made that film so immersive. If you guys could model some of this game play along with this awesome management and uboat system details you have now, you will have a big hit
brett25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-19, 07:18 PM   #4
captgeo
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 105

I will be purchasing a copy to support my commrades @ subsim.