Old 02-28-16, 11:45 AM   #1981
Sandy1942
Nub

Downloads: 118
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjizzle View Post
screenshot button is ctrl+F11
Oh, thanks! Probably I didn't play long ago and have forgotten this combination of keys. F1 shows Print Screen.
Sandy1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-16, 03:02 PM   #1982
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome to SubSim Sandy

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-16, 03:15 PM   #1983
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Sandy1942!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-16, 02:42 PM   #1984
CaptainCruise
Eternal Patrol

Location: Long Island, New York...home of the 5 gallon economy bucket of "Cruiser's Crunchy Egg Salad"!!!
Downloads: 344

Here's a problem that's been driving me crazy with SH5 and I'm at my wits end trying to figure it out. The problem only shows itself when I try to play a campaign. Regardless of the mods i use, whenever I start the campaign none of the info bars along the bottom or sides show up. It's like the hud was turned off. I can't plot courses from the nav screen or move the screen with the mouse. The only thing that brings back most of the hud info is if I fire all 4 forward torps, regardless if I sank the ship with one or two. I have to shoot off whatever is left to get the bottom and left side hud back. I also now can plot courses and move the nav mao with the mouse. The right side hud with the time compression icons, and the ones on the right that give stations won't come back at all and I haven't figured out how to get them. and lastly, if I hit the "K" key to try and bring up the captain's log, or click any icon for the log, the game locks solid and I have to Cntrl-Alt-Del my way out.

As and added kick in the butt, the single historical missions work fine with all the mods I've used to date. Everything works fine, it's only the campaign thats giving me gas.

If anyone has any insight into this, im all ears and would appreciate the help. I tried a search for my problem before i posted this but i came up blank. Thanks again for any help you can give me.

Tom "CaptainCruise"
CaptainCruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-16, 11:59 AM   #1985
Silent Fisherman
Silent & Deadly

Downloads: 190
Default What is this

Hey Mates, Please advise how to remove from my screen the white FPS figures in the left upper corner (59-60 etc.).
Thanks.

I have found how to do it. Probably somebody else has same problem.
If so, just open General Settings of the Uplay and disable FPS showing on the screen.

Last edited by Silent Fisherman; 03-26-16 at 07:52 AM.
Silent Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-16, 02:27 AM   #1986
rmax
Seaman

Downloads: 12
Default Stadimeter

Fellow Skippers,

Having a blast in SH5, and thanks to everyone who has gone before in terms of bug fixes and the WoS Mod.

Couple of issues that I have found, and I have searched in vain on the forum, so apologies if I have missed the key piece of information:

1. I cannot use the Stadimeter. I mark the target, click "range" in the XO box, and then click Use Stadimeter. I then try and click the little circle in the TDC marked Stadimeter, and nothing happens. What am I missing? It is a bug or is is PICINIC (problem in chair not in computer)

2. I try and use the Sextand, and the Enable Sextant window is slap bang in the middle of the sight. Do I have to set a reference Azimuth, and then look up.

Thanks once again,

rmax
rmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-16, 02:56 AM   #1987
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmax View Post
Fellow Skippers,

Having a blast in SH5, and thanks to everyone who has gone before in terms of bug fixes and the WoS Mod.

Couple of issues that I have found, and I have searched in vain on the forum, so apologies if I have missed the key piece of information:

1. I cannot use the Stadimeter. I mark the target, click "range" in the XO box, and then click Use Stadimeter. I then try and click the little circle in the TDC marked Stadimeter, and nothing happens. What am I missing? It is a bug or is is PICINIC (problem in chair not in computer)

2. I try and use the Sextand, and the Enable Sextant window is slap bang in the middle of the sight. Do I have to set a reference Azimuth, and then look up.

Thanks once again,

rmax
u have enabled in the game menu manual targeting or u play with auto targeting ??
can u post your mod list ?
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-16, 02:42 PM   #1988
rmax
Seaman

Default Mod List

Hi,

Sorry for not getting back sooner, but day job getting in the way!

I am playing WoS 1.05 Update No 8; Real Navigation and 8x5 patch. I am on 100% realism.

Is that enough for a diagnosis? Let me know if there are more details needed. Will happily provide!

rmax
Old 03-31-16, 03:51 PM   #1989
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581

Quote:
Hi,

Sorry for not getting back sooner, but day job getting in the way!

I am playing WoS 1.05 Update No 8; Real Navigation and 8x5 patch. I am on 100% realism.

Is that enough for a diagnosis? Let me know if there are more details needed. Will happily provide!

rmax
Rmax, with twos on board you can only use stadimeter when you click button above range dial in the attack periscope view or UZO . Of course, you have to mark your target with space key first.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-16, 07:42 PM   #1990
rmax
Seaman

Default Obs Scope

So you cannot use it with the Observation scope?
Old 03-31-16, 10:39 PM   #1991
denny927
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 213

hi all
i have a very annoying problem, i have twos with the last update, but the sky, just on top of the connig tower, stiil flashing, showing a corrupted mass of polygons ...sometimes i have that over the horizon, no matter if is sh5 vanilla, modded, or driver related, 344.75 currently on w7

anyone have experienced this??or Im the only one?what can I do?
thanks
System Specs:CASE CM 690 NVIDIA, Gigabyte G1 sniper m3 Intel 3570k 3.4GHz, NVIDIA GTX 770 2 GB, 8 GB RAM DDR3 MUSHKIN 1600 Mhz, 3 HD(120, 250, 500 GB), PSU 700W COOLER MASTER ULTIMATE, MONITOR LG 27" FULL HD, TWO SPEAKER LG X230 2.1.
denny927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-16, 05:39 AM   #1992
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
So you cannot use it with the Observation scope?
By default no, but you can enable that with OFEV ...Check it's options...
Old 04-01-16, 07:14 PM   #1993
palmic
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 5

Disappearing convoy?

Just now i continued to shadow 5-6 kts convoy of +- 30 ships, i just let TC64 for 30 minutes and the convoy is gone

from sight, from hydrophone, everywhere..
palmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-16, 05:26 AM   #1994
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmic View Post
Disappearing convoy?

Just now i continued to shadow 5-6 kts convoy of +- 30 ships, i just let TC64 for 30 minutes and the convoy is gone

from sight, from hydrophone, everywhere..
Naah, they probably changed course and move outside of your rendering area (40 km)...Convoys are zig-zaging during their journey...

30min of real or sim time...
Old 04-02-16, 05:41 AM   #1995
palmic
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 5

Nono believe me, right now i was moving I front of it, waiting for them...
I started to see them on horizon, tc for 10 minutes and their gone!
Submerge, hear.. Nothing! Their was just 10km heading to Atlantic from western approaches. Trying again..

I was shadowing them after attack from previous night. I was shadowing them even before for about 4 days till i get from air coverage..
palmic is offline   Reply With Quote