Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-29-24, 01:52 PM   #871
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Netanyahu says Israel will return to table for cease-fire talks with Hamas

Quote:
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says Israel will return to the table for cease-fire talks with Hamas.

Friday’s announcement marks yet another attempt to reach a deal with the militant group that would pause Israel’s military offensive in Gaza in exchange for the release of Israeli hostages. Several rounds of negotiations have faltered.

Netanyahu says he has spoken with Israel’s lead negotiators and authorized Israeli delegations to join talks in Qatar and Egypt over the coming days.

With the war now grinding through a sixth month, the United States, Qatar and Egypt have spent months trying to negotiate another cease-fire and hostage release. But those efforts appear to have stalled.

Hamas has previously proposed a phased process in which it would release all the remaining hostages in exchange for an end to the war and full Israeli withdrawal from Gaza, the opening of its borders for aid and reconstruction, and the release of hundreds of Palestinian prisoners, including top militants serving life sentences.

Netanyahu has called the demands delusional and vowed to resume Israel’s offensive after any hostage release and keep fighting until the militant group is destroyed.

Hamas is believed to be holding roughly 100 hostages, as well as the remains of about 30 people killed in the group’s Oct. 7 attack, which triggered the war, or who died in captivity.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...685eee09&ei=16

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-24, 06:12 AM   #872
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 03-31-24, 01:31 PM   #873
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Second aid ship heads for Gaza with tonnes of food for starving Palestinians

Quote:
Athree-ship convoy carrying 400 tonnes of food and other supplies to starving Palestinians in Gaza left a port in Cyprus on Saturday as concerns mount about hunger in the territory.

US charity World Central Kitchen (WCK) said the vessels and a barge were carrying enough ready-to-eat items, including rice, pasta, flour, legumes, canned vegetables and proteins, to prepare more than 1 million meals. Also on board were dates, which are traditionally eaten to break the daily fast during the holy month of Ramadan.

It is the second shipment this month, after Israel eased a 17-year naval blockade on the Gaza Strip to allow aid sourced by WCK to enter the territory from Cyprus. It comes after the Cypriot authorities established, in cooperation with Israel, a maritime corridor to facilitate the delivery of pre-screened cargo directly to Gaza.
A ship operated by Spanish charity Open Arms inaugurated the direct sea route to the Palestinian territory earlier this month, with 200 tonnes of food, water and other aid. A makeshift jetty was built from rubble to offload the cargo, as the territory does not have any port facilities.

Saturday’s convoy includes two forklifts and a crane to assist with future marine deliveries, as well as a team to operate the crane.

Separately, the US plans to construct a floating pier off Gaza to receive aid. The target for completion is 1 May but it could be ready by around 15 April, Cypriot president Nikos Christodoulides said late on Friday, citing briefings with US officials earlier in the week.

The aid will be taken to Gaza on a cargo ship and a barge towed by a salvage vessel, along with a tugboat carrying a support team – a journey that will take about 60 hours, according to a Cypriot official.

WCK, which has been active in Gaza for months, arranged the mission with the Open Arms charity, with financing mainly from the United Arab Emirates and support from Cypriot authorities.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...41f12837&ei=22

Old 03-31-24, 03:04 PM   #874
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

This fool lost it.

https://unherd.com/2024/03/israels-v...ahus-downfall/

Quote:
When I asked an officer at IDF headquarters why so much time had passed with Rafah untouched, his answer was unexpectedly gnomic: “Netanyahu is not Ben Gurion.” The comparison is charged: Ben Gurion was not only Israel’s first prime minister, but its spiritual founder, midwife to a nation born under siege. When he declared independence on May 15, 1948, he triggered the invasions of four Arab states, each one better equipped than his underground Jewish militias, for whom a rifle was precious and artillery an impossible dream. With this act, Ben Gurion ignored American and British warnings that the war would end in a massacre and went it alone, demonstrating a faith in the fighting spirit of his young country and a conviction in his own powers of leadership. These are qualities that Netanyahu sorely lacks. Netanyahu was once a very decisive politician who set Israel on the path to techno-prosperity as a revolutionary finance minister two decades ago. And he had been an equally decisive soldier, serving for five years instead of the obligatory two and a half, fighting hard in Israel’s premier commando force in dozens of combat actions. But he has not been a decisive war leader. His political trajectory is a story of declining authority, propped up by ever more marginal and objectionable elements within Israeli politics.
Fear the old men who miss the right time to step down.
Old 04-01-24, 07:56 AM   #875
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-02-24, 06:39 AM   #876
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Seven people working for food aid charity World Central Kitchen (WCK) have been killed in an Israeli strike in Gaza.

The UK's foreign secretary says British nationals are reported to have been killed.

Others who died were Australian, Polish, Palestinian, and a dual US-Canadian citizen, WCK say.

Australia's PM has said he expects "full accountability" after Australian worker Lalzawmi "Zomi" Frankcom is listed among the dead.

Israel's military says it is conducting a "thorough review" into the incident.

A Palestinian medical source told the BBC the workers had been wearing bullet-proof vests bearing the charity's logo.

The CEO of World Central Kitchen says it was an "unforgiveable attack" - the organisation is pausing its operations.

Old 04-02-24, 12:05 PM   #877
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
This fool lost it.

https://unherd.com/2024/03/israels-v...ahus-downfall/

Fear the old men who miss the right time to step down.
...and yet Netanyahu is far superior to our current squatter in the White House.
Old 04-02-24, 01:30 PM   #878
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Netanyahu days are numbered, he cannot get the hostages released if he continues this way, his current power is only based on this war. The Israeli people want the hostages alive, Netanyahu has handled this conflict totally the wrong way. Only thing Netanyahu has created is Hamas 2.0 that will be the result of his way of dealing with this conflict, how longer this goes on more and more hostages will die. The Israeli people are and will not take this, their protests will grow demanding him to go. What the White House demands is not new Bush did this also Netanyahu crossed the lines he can say he does not care but the pressure within is growing Netanyahu will in the end comply to the demands of the White House. What you in your own political rhetoric do not see that there is building up a war that will be regional in the north that will become a greater problem than this Hamas conflict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.

Last edited by Dargo; 04-02-24 at 01:46 PM.
Dargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-24, 01:49 PM   #879
Skybird
Soaring

Netanyahu's mistake is that he does not put his deeds where his mouth is. He pretends to be the wild and determined man, but does not act like a wild and determined man. The moment Israel was attacked and found itself in war due to the assault my Hamas, he should have gone all the way, not just the first part of it. Now he is bogged down in hesitation and the resulting repowering of Hamas.

Rafah by now already should have been fallen, since days and weeks. No matter what the West wishes. No matter the costs. See the link I gave somewhere above. The reference made by an Israeli to Ben Gurion. Gurion did his thing and gave brown stuff for what the Americans and British wished him to do. He took the risk and saw it through. Israel fought that founding war, against the odds. Israel won.

Netanhayu has lost his bite that maybe, long time ago, he has had. Foolish old man. Became a bloody opportunist the moment he stopped being a commando soldier and instead became a politician.

You can't make it right for everyone. Try it, and you ruin it.
Old 04-02-24, 02:08 PM   #880
Dargo
Admiral

Netanyahu was/is too focused on Hamas he forgot the hostages they are priority one they weigh more than trying to do the impossible killing Hamas this is his political mistake and the Israeli people will make him pay for this. The Taliban is back, ISIS is back terror groups you can not kill you can't kill extreme retarded religion ideas with bullets.

Quote:
Old 04-02-24, 02:44 PM   #881
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
Netanyahu was/is too focused on Hamas he forgot the hostages they are priority one they weigh more than trying to do the impossible killing Hamas this is his political mistake and the Israeli people will make him pay for this. The Taliban is back, ISIS is back terror groups you can not kill you can't kill extreme retarded religion ideas with bullets.
If you put the hostage on top of your priorities. You play according to the conditions set up by Hamas. You already have lost.

Its hard to say, and I dont like it. But what needs to be done, needs to be done - despite the hostages. If you can get them out alive, the better. But its a bonus. Nobody dares to say that. But its true.

The priority is to kill every Hamas guy in Gaza that you can put a bullet into. This was clear to me from day one of the massacre on Octobre 7th. And those in the background, the planners and decision makers - hunt them, find them kill them, everywhere in the world. Be a rabid dog, make everybody afraid of your unpredictability and ruthlessness. Thats the number one rule to play by in the Middle East. The game's name is "mere survival".

Soft sensitive civilised Western beings dont understand this.

I never did anything else but laugh about this "two state solution". To me its utmost ridiculous, and in total ignorrance of reality.

Saying this as a non-Jew, as a German, and as somebody who does not have any special affection for or antipathy against Israel. My reasons to side with it are purely pragmatic. It slognterm chances to survive I see as very quesitonable, due to its overly exposed and very vulnerable strategic position, and massive inner conflicts that accompany it already since it was founded. It most likely will blow up one day. But it must not be today already.
Old 04-02-24, 02:57 PM   #882
Dargo
Admiral

Violence has never solved any conflict, with the troubles in Northern Ireland both sides came to an agreement because both sides realized armed conflict could not win their cause the same is for Israel and Palestine they both need to figure out to live with each other else this will last forever this is not soft this is harder than killing each other. Transitioning from war to peace is not a technical exercise but a highly political process where different principles, priorities and approaches need to come together. There is no one-size-fits-all template or solution: what works in one place may not work in another because every person, community or society deals with the aftermath of conflict differently. You can biaach (because we so "soft" you can) about Europe, but we kept the peace for more than 75 years that soft dealing with each other this in an EU made us very, very rich people we can do, say, work, live anywhere without being hindered because of that "soft" doing we are at peace and free.

Quote:

Last edited by Dargo; 04-02-24 at 03:10 PM.
Old 04-02-24, 03:07 PM   #883
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
Violence has never solved any conflict,
Blödsinn. History is full of examples.

Thats typical Western illusion. Rationality's forming and creating power gets overestimated, the world-forming effect of violence and force gets underestimated. Probably a consequence from unconditional "pacifism".

Im a thankful German who directly benefits from that violence solved the conflict Hitler started. If they would have followed Chamberlain, and your argument, I maybe today would wear a black uniform with silver skulls on the collar - and be stinking proud of it. Who knows what would have happened if Hitler would have won the war and I only knew the world as it would have been then.

Or Ukraine today. Tell them that violence never has solved a conflict. They will love you.

Old 04-02-24, 03:36 PM   #884
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Blödsinn. History is full of examples.

Thats typical Western illusion. Rationality's forming and creating power gets overestimated, the world-forming effect of violence and force gets underestimated. Probably a consequence from unconditional "pacifism".

Im a thankful German who directly benefits from that violence solved the conflict Hitler started. If they would have followed Chamberlain, and your argument, I maybe today would wear a black uniform with silver skulls on the collar - and be stinking proud of it. Who knows what would have happened if Hitler would have won the war and I only knew the world as it would have been then.

Or Ukraine today. Tell them that violence never has solved a conflict. They will love you.

My father was a 7-year-old boy when WWII started he was damaged because of it in my family people went to the camps because of political reasons they were all broken for life I know what Hitler did I experienced their damages in my live this war did change my life in a bad way I rather be a pacifist than a warmonger I am damaged because of their experience in WWII.

Quote:
Old 04-02-24, 04:58 PM   #885
Skybird
Soaring

You probably would be dead or would never have come into existence - if WW2 has not been fought.

You mistake the reason of a catastrophe with its cure, you declare those responisble for the drama who actually ehlped to overcome it. My family was not in the camps, but my two grandfathers came back as crippled men both in body and soul, their three brothers were killed, one of them court-martialed and shot for refusing to complicit and not covering the dirty crimes they did i France behind the frontline, my father's family had to flee from the Sudetenland from the Russians who wiped out the rest of their family, and the whole village.

Your logic is flawed. The source of the suffering your family had to endure was not the Allies who picked up the fight, but the megalomania of that mad Austrian in Germany who launched it all, him and his crimional barbaric minions. Like russia is the source of the evil it has brought over and into Ukraine. And a radical pacifist base atittude will to do anything to stop these evils - but it will give them the space and opportunity to grow and to thrive. Perpetrator and victim are not the same. Self-defence is not the same like aggressive first strike and assault.

There are two forms of war. Wars of need, and wars of desire. I warn to fall for the second. I know that it is unrellistic to reject reality when the first finds you.

That is what I call pacifism, and yes, I see myself as a pacifist. Pacisifsm needs the aiblity and will to defend itself. Else its not pacifism, but victimhood. There is nothing noble or ennobling in being a weak victim. Weakness always is nothing more than just weakness. It kills your degrees of freedom to act and deicde. It leaves you incapable, impotent of any sort of action, and at your attacker's mercy. I have no respect for people who do not even understand why they should want to be able to defend themselves if they come under attack. I will not move one hand for them. Their fate leaves me unmoved.

"Nie wieder Krieg" (never again war), they say over here in Germany, meaning they do not want to ever have to act in a war again. That is a wrong conclusion from the horror of WW2, it dooms us to repeat the desaster because we refused to learn the lessons last time . After the dark years 1933-45, the German conclusion only can and must be: "never again for the wrong reasons, never again on the side of darkness". You do not secure peace and liberty by ignoring unwelcomed reality. More so, by following the contemporary German attitude "Nie wieder", you bring suffering and misery over the victims of war and injustice whom to protect or to enable to defend themselves you reject. I admit however that many reasons governments of the present give for the wars they unleash, may it be Iraq, may it be Afghanistan, may it be Vietnam and so many others, were lies, and crimes. That is a problem with the lacking trustworthiness of politicians. Too many people believe the wrong leaders, too many fall for lies and slogans, cheap propaganda and a cozy wallowing in lowest sentiments of the masses. Dispicable.

Do not prematurely seek war. But if war finds you - then fight with all and everything you have and open the gates of hell if needed - put all your heart into it. Else you will get destroyed, killed, lost. Just because you do not want war does not mean that war spares you from getting found by it. Even those who refuse to fire a rifle can be killed by a round.

Or in the words of my mentor from my youth and training years: "Always be a warrior - but with a peaceful heart. Always be at peace with yourself and always be sure of your reasons. Always let yourself be unmoved by the state of fight or peace. Never draw a weapon unless you are ready to use it. Never put back an unused weapon." - Very wise words. But many do not understand the meaning of these words. And not a few even try hard to misunderstand them. I dont like the modern Zeitgeist. It stinks, and it sucks.