SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-22-23, 09:50 AM   #736
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

No10 slaps down Tory ex-chancellor Philip Hammond after he says the UK should RELAX immigration rules and bring in cheap foreign labour to avoid a recession and keep down interest rates to help homeowners with mortgages

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...recession.html

Quote:
Asked about the idea of easing immigration rules, a No10 spokesman said: 'We have a points-based system that allows us to flex as per our needs. That system is specifically designed to for us to be able to bring in extra people with specific skills ... we will look at any other areas where there is a shortage of skills.
Oh Yeah, as far as I'm aware the Tories "Points Based System" is the most flexible in the world, it starts at Zero and ends at Zero, perhaps these journalists should name these No10 spokesmen so there's no hiding place for them when they're asked to produce this document.
The reason that won't bleeding happen is there isn't one, why these currants keep letting these political pillocks get away with such bare faced lies is beyond me, or perhaps the quote below is the real reason this lying ****ed up Media outlet constantly fails to ask for corroboration on these untruths.

Quote:
Jonathan Harold Esmond Vere Harmsworth, 4th Viscount Rothermere (born 3 December 1967), is a British peer and inheritor of a newspaper and media empire founded by his great-grandfather Harold Sidney Harmsworth, 1st Viscount Rothermere. He is the chairman and controlling shareholder of the Daily Mail and General Trust, formerly "Associated Newspapers", a media conglomerate which includes the Daily Mail.
Currants sharing their beds eh, oohhhh you're going to give me another rogering tonight sir, very good sir, I'll promise to doff my cap next time sir, may I bite the pillow this time sir, no sir?, very good sir.
Old 06-22-23, 12:44 PM   #737
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

"Halving inflation this year" is one of the prime minister's top five priorities.

It's currently stuck at 8.7%.

When Rishi Sunak is asked how he'll meet his goal, he points to raising interest rates.

Something the Bank of England, not the government, controls.

The truth is there are some short-term levers government could pull.

The problem is they - as well as interest rates - all involve unpalatable political choices.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-23, 06:57 AM   #738
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The wife and I have various forms of photo ID but there are many out there who haven't.

Time to get it sorted I reckon.

Quote:
About 14,000 people were prevented from voting because they could not show an accepted form of photo ID during England's local elections, according to the Electoral Commission.

Ethnic minorities and unemployed voters were more likely to be turned away, research by the watchdog suggests.

"Significantly more" were put off voting by the requirement to show ID at polling stations, the report found.

The policy was rolled out for the first time in Britain in May's elections.

Data collected at polling station showed 0.25% of those who went to a polling station were not able to vote as a result of not being able to show ID, approximately 14,000 voters in total.

The true figure is thought to be higher as some of those who wanted to vote at polling stations might have turned away after reading the requirements at the entrance but were not formally recorded, the Commission said.

The figures are also based on incomplete data received from 226 of the 230 councils where polls were held this year.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65988959

Old 06-25-23, 03:31 AM   #739
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

It looks like Nadine Dorries, one of Boris biggest sycophants is following precisely in hss footsteps.

She has missed the deadline to resign in order for a by-election to take place in her constituency before Parliament's summer recess despite the fact she previously said on 9 June she would stand down from her Mid Bedfordshire seat with immediate effect, but has not yet formally done so.

No surprises there then.

Old 06-25-23, 06:51 AM   #740
Moonlight
Admiral

All part of the bigger plan to expose Sunak as a weak and ineffective leader.

Meanwhile, in the Migrant Capital of the World (London) we've got even more shenanigans going on as to the next London Mare oops, Mayor.

GLEN OWEN: Meet Moz Hossain, the Tory who didn't own shoes until he was 16 but who could rid London of its preening, Ulez-loving mayor Sadiq Khan

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...adiq-Khan.html

Mr Hossain, one of three candidates on the Tory shortlist, makes Mr Khan seem like the product of privilege. Growing up in a family of ten in a mud-floored shack in Bangladesh, he didn't own a pair of shoes until he was 16.

This is like the 4 Yorkshiremen sketch by Monty Python, the Tories are using desperate measures now to try and topple Ulez Khan, will it work?, it all depends on how gullible those Londoners are. Who would have thought that the Tories could stoop so low as to use Khan's bus driver dad as a weapon of privilege, hahaha, they've taken a leaf out of the Labour Parties underprivileged book and are going to smack Khan around the head with it, I bleeding love it.

We've got some interesting political times ahead of us, but, when the dust has settled and all the blood is washed away we can expect the pain to continue for the middle classes and below. I expect the metropolitan elite to whitewash everything over again and try and convince us gullible idiots "That We've Never Had It So Good", hmmmm, who said that first? Aaaah yes, Harold MacMillan, and he said that around the time of the Cuban Nuclear Missile sabre rattling fiasco, so he must have been right, right?.
Old 06-25-23, 08:36 AM   #741
Moonlight
Admiral

'Are you living in a parallel universe?' Rishi Sunak is battered over mortgage meltdown as he pleads with Brits to 'hold our nerve' and focus on inflation 'enemy' - and warns unions he WON'T bow to demands for more huge public sector pay rises this year

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art....html#comments

For someone whose wife wasn't paying their due taxes and has probably got some offshore accounts somewhere I find Sunaks answer to be unpalatable, this pillock is living the life of a multi millionaire and he wants the little people to keep voting for being screwed year in year out.
Here's a novel idea Rishi, pay your fair share and that goes for every multi millionaire and corporation as well, let's not forget that if anyone has a tax accountant, they are avoiding paying their fair share too, taxes shouldn't just be for the little people you useless currant, they're for you pillocks as well.

More Bad News.
After the recent rate rise the pound suddenly fell on the international money markets, usually when interest rates go up the opposite happens, this is a very bad sign which could lead to an enormous housing crash in the near future.

The fate of the country and the Tories are in this useless pillocks hands, the country will survive but the Tories probably wont, as it stands now they are on the edge of the precipice, even if they can turn this mess around they're going to shed a huge amount of voters.
An 80 seat majority and they've achieved nothing with it, when they lose it next year they could also lose the General Election as well, serves them right as well.

What would a Labour and LibDem coalition do if they are victorious, I look back to the 1970s and think that chaos will be the political norm again.
Old 06-25-23, 08:38 AM   #742
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Just keep raising the interest rate on savings thank you

Old 06-25-23, 08:50 AM   #743
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I'm not sure what this guy is on but I wouldn't mind trying some

Quote:
Humza Yousaf's new independence plan 'like Sturgeon's on steroids'

The SNP could get a mandate at the next general election for another independence referendum even if it loses seats and attracts only a third of the popular vote in Scotland, Humza Yousaf has insisted.

Opinion polls show the Nationalists are on course to lose more than half the 48 seats they won at the 2019 election, with voter support in a Westminster election dropping to 34 per cent.

But the First Minister argued that the “rules of a general election” mean the SNP would be victorious if it won more seats than any other party north of the border.

Even if the SNP did not win a majority of Scottish seats, Mr Yousaf said this would still give him the mandate to “seek negotiations with the UK Government” for another referendum to be held “as soon as we possibly can”.

In an extraordinary intervention, he also claimed that winning the most seats would mean he had a mandate to “lay the foundations of a newly independent state” and to draw up a draft divorce agreement to leave the UK.

But Mr Yousaf admitted that voters who had backed the party in previous elections “probably won’t” continue doing so if they did not want another referendum in the near future.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other...4f09a02c&ei=18

Old 06-25-23, 10:49 AM   #744
Moonlight
Admiral

Why do I think of Gonzo from The Muppet Show every time I see this buffoon, me thinks he's hypnotized himself again.

Old 06-26-23, 05:58 AM   #745
Moonlight
Admiral

Now a pupil tells their teacher they identify as a FOX: Union leaders warn staff are fearing disciplinary action and schools are a 'toxic' environment for them

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ol-Im-fox.html

Parenting skills are declining rapidly.

The Head Teacher should have stated to all pupils that this school only teaches humans, any child that identifies as an animal or an object must leave the school premises immediately and go straight home.
A letter or text can be sent to the parents informing them that their child is not in attendance at school and that they will be fined for their child not attending any school lessons in the future.

The onus is on the parents to sort it out, not the school.
Old 06-26-23, 10:28 AM   #746
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I am so very glad I am no longer a public sector employee.

Quote:
Rishi Sunak has said he would make the "responsible" decision on pay increases for public sector workers, in order to control inflation.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-66020261

Old 06-28-23, 05:32 AM   #747
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Looks like Humza is determined to continue with Nicola Sturgeon’s “progressive” taxation policy and have a ‘Liz Truss moment’

Quote:
Wealthy Scots are facing a new council tax raid after it emerged Humza Yousaf is planning to hike bills by almost 25 per cent.

Under proposals branded “brutal” by the Scottish Tories, SNP ministers and council chiefs are considering steep rises for those living in more expensive properties.

The plans to change the “multiplier” for council tax bills would see those in the top four of eight bands see bills rise by between 7.5 per cent and 22.5 per cent.

Higher earning Scots already pay far more income tax than they would if they lived elsewhere in the UK, with those on a salary of £50,000 paying £1,552 more, rising to £2,606 for those earning £100,000.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/othe...148dea73&ei=13

Old 06-29-23, 06:51 AM   #748
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The High Court have ruled against the UK Government therefore preventing them from sending illegal immigrants to Rwanda.

The ruling by the three judges was 2-1 so the government will probably seek leave to appeal to the Supreme Court I reckon.

Old 06-30-23, 07:08 AM   #749
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

SNP auditors say some financial records are missing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...itics-66065164

Old 07-02-23, 06:01 AM   #750
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

And not a moment too soon.

Quote:
New measures aimed at curbing protest methods often used by environmental groups have come into effect.

Police in England and Wales now have powers to move protesters who disrupt transport, while offenders could face three years in jail for tunnelling.

The Home Office says the Public Order Act 2023 will target "a selfish minority" but critics argue they threaten the right to protest.

Groups such as Just Stop Oil have continued with high-profile protests.

Under the new laws, those found guilty of tunnelling or "being present in a tunnel to cause serious disruption" could be jailed for up to three years.

Taking equipment to a tunnel carries a maximum penalty of six months in prison, as will obstructing major transport works.

The digging of makeshift tunnels has been used for many years as a form of protest, against projects such as the building of the HS2 rail project, as well as by groups such as Extinction Rebellion and Just Stop Oil.

The British Transport Police and the Ministry of Defence Police will now have powers to move static protests, a common tactic of campaign groups.

Home Secretary Suella Braverman said the heightened measures will target "selfish protesters" who cause "mayhem" on the streets.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66079436