SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-18-23, 09:24 AM   #721
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Almost makes me physically sick when I llok at this.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-23, 04:54 PM   #722
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

I never broke Lockdown once, I went shopping once a week as the government said to keep your shopping expeditions to the minimum, it wasn't because I was the better shopper of the two of us but, because I was the most expendable one of us, her words not mine. Oh yeah and while you're going she would say, can you get Sylvia and Margaret this and that and leave it outside of their front doors, , I'll be a dead man walking at this rate I would say.

That post above infuriates me but, and that's a big But, I saw groups of children playing sports games on a weekly basis for over 2 bloody years, no one was interested in that, neither the authorities, their parents or any kind of law enforcement either. Me thinks people should get off their high horses and admit that they broke the rules as well, was it all worth it?, No it wasn't, it was a poorly implemented up by all concerned and if it happened again I would say it and off, I'm not going to go through that bollocks again......

Last edited by Jimbuna; 06-19-23 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Vulgarity Police
Moonlight is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-23, 06:22 AM   #723
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

For once I find myself agreeing with Sir Keir Starmer and believe the PM should "show leadership" and vote on the issue.

Quote:
Prime Minister Rishi Sunak has declined to say if he will vote on a report that found Boris Johnson deliberately misled MPs over lockdown parties in No 10.

A year-long inquiry from the Commons Privileges Committee said the former prime minister committed repeated offences with his Partygate denials.

It recommends he should have been suspended from the Commons for 90 days if he had remained an MP.

MPs will debate the report's findings later on Monday.

After the debate, there could be a recorded vote or MPs could simply nod the report through. If there is a vote, it is expected to pass easily.

It would be a free vote for Tory MPs, meaning party managers - known as whips - will not instruct them what to do at the vote, which is expected to take place on Monday evening after a debate.

Talking to reporters on Sunday evening, Mr Sunak was repeatedly asked how he would vote but did not answer the question directly.

He said the issue was "a matter for the House [of Commons], not for the government".

"That's an important distinction and that's why I wouldn't want to influence anyone in advance of that vote."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65945198

Old 06-19-23, 06:36 AM   #724
Moonlight
Admiral

Top Stories of the Day.

The Mirror.
Who was at Tory HQ lockdown-busting Christmas bash exposed in Partygate video?
https://www.mirror.co.uk/

The BBC.
Ukraine war: BBC on the front line as Ukraine attacks Russian trenches
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news

The Mail.
Now even kids have had enough of Just Stop Oil: Students late to school and facing detention because of eco zealots rip banners away as they hold up traffic yet again on the morning commute.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

Most Deluded Nonsense of the day.

Senior Tories insist they can win all four upcoming by-elections after David Warburton became the fourth MP to resign in little more than a week.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...elections.html
By MARTIN BECKFORD POLICY EDITOR

Dear Martin Beckford, kindly remove your head out of your ass and take a good long look at the state of this country, its no good spouting your mouth off in your ivory tower in Kensington you know, you have to get out of London and talk to the great unwashed peasants of the UK, don't be surprised when your head is forced into a bucket of water as it will be your own fault for believing such nonsense.
Old 06-19-23, 07:34 AM   #725
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

What kind of punishment can Boris expect from the Parliament ?

Heard in the news some hours ago- British Parliament voting on punish Boris for misleading them.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-23, 09:28 AM   #726
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
What kind of punishment can Boris expect from the Parliament ?

Heard in the news some hours ago- British Parliament voting on punish Boris for misleading them.

Markus
He's quitting as an MP, so not very much that will have an effect on him.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
MGR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-23, 10:34 AM   #727
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Had he not quit as an MP it would have probably resulted in a ninety day ban from the commons.

Old 06-20-23, 04:09 AM   #728
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 06-20-23, 06:02 AM   #729
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

MPs have backed a report that found Boris Johnson deliberately misled MPs over lockdown parties at Downing Street.

The Commons voted overwhelmingly in support of the report, by 354 to seven.

Old 06-20-23, 06:10 AM   #730
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Born from lies, drowning in lies. He shouldn't have brexited - if he hadn't, he would now have a career in the EU ahead of him.
Old 06-20-23, 06:14 AM   #731
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

History will remember him as The Lying King but don't be surprised if he returns at some time in the future.

Old 06-20-23, 07:06 AM   #732
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Here is the list of those seven who stayed loyal to Boris and voted against.

Sir Bill Cash

Heather Wheeler

Nick Fletcher

Joy Morrissey

Adam Holloway

Karl McCartney

Sir Desmond Swayne

Old 06-21-23, 07:55 AM   #733
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Heaven help those who have worked and saved to get a deposit on a house....Rishi must be very pleased his personal wealth is a paltry £700 million.

Quote:
Interest rates are expected to rise again after UK inflation remained stuck at a much higher level than expected for the fourth month in a row.

Inflation, which tracks prices rises, was 8.7% in May, the same as in April.

The shock figure was driven by higher prices for flights and second-hand cars but supermarket food prices also continued to rise rapidly.

Interest rates are widely expected to rise by 0.25% to 4.75% on Thursday but some suggest they could now rise to 5%.

The Bank is tasked with keeping inflation at 2% but the current inflation rate is four times higher than this. It has been steadily raising interest rates since the end of 2021. This makes it more expensive to borrow money and theoretically encourages people to borrow less and spend less, meaning price rises should ease.

This has led to concerns over loans, particularly mortgages, with homeowners - a third of adults in the UK - facing large increases in repayments when fixed-term deals come to an end. First-time buyers are also at risk of being priced out of the market as lending conditions become tighter.

The average two-year fixed rate mortgage on Wednesday hit 6.15%, while five-year deals were 5.79%.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65966723

Old 06-21-23, 08:48 AM   #734
Moonlight
Admiral

Are These Ministers Bleeding Brain Dead?.

Treasury minister warns Brits need to suck up mortgage pain to tackle inflation - as he tees up squeeze on 'struggling' public services with government's £2.6tn debt pile '16 times the NHS budget' and interest costs now £100bn a year.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ebt-soars.html

Some of these backbench MPs who have small to medium majorities need to start giving these out of touch pillocks a big smack in the mouth, as it is, some of them will be fearing a similar smack come the next General Election.
Old 06-21-23, 11:02 AM   #735
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Might well be conditioning the electorates mind to accept privatisation of the NHS.

A little over a month ago I went private for dental treatment (only means of getting an appointment with the dentist of my choice within a three month period) and paid £455 for four extractions.