SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-08-23, 05:52 PM   #646
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

Because you don't have a fist fight or announce your new Patreon page in the middle of someone else's wedding?
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-23, 06:01 PM   #647
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Free speech does not give you the right to burst into other people's living room, switch off the TV in fornt of which the family had assembled, and then hold a speech to them which they must listen to. Free speech means you have the right to make sure you legally and morally own a situation where you then can hold a speech or voice your opinion or have a debate, may it be you write a book, write an essay in a newspaper column, or rent a hall, invite people and then have a debate with them. Free speech also means the society allows people reasonable opportunities to make use of their right for free speech. But bursting into somebody's party and lamenting on how very much you like it not, is not practicing the right of free speech, but is the abuse of it. And bad manners, btw.

A coronations is not a frequently repeated event, and no matter how you and me think about it, for many Brits it was and is something special, and quite some of them will keep dear memories of it for the rest of their lives.
It is rotten behaviour to spoil it for these people. All the more so because the monarchy costs surprisingly little in Britain, but still has an enormous impact as a national cause of identification, and is a foreign diplomatic tool of quite some value. It is simply a matter of etiquette and manners.

Free speech does not mean you have the right to force the other to listen to you if he does not want to. Free speech means the mutal understanding to talk and listen in turns in a dialogue when a mutual interest exists, and when the situation is appropriate. The situation on coronation day was anything but appropriate - which was part of the calculation of the protesters. They knew it. In other words many of them not only wanted to protest, but wanted to provoke. And spoil it for many others. Sorry people - wrong time, wrong place. Not this day.

BTW, I doubt they caught all protester across all the country, my impression was that they collected them in the imminent vicinity of the path the royal trek would pass, and locations of according interest.

Next time a foreign head of state visits another nations capital, you maybe will see that protesters inside a certain security zone are not tolerated, too. I recall what almost Eastern-Block-style show they set up when George Bush jr visited Germany. Residents were not even allowed to show their head at the windows of their own homes. Bush raced down empty streets and alleys, it looked like a ghost town.
Holy **** , Send this to the Liberals in Washington DC . Only what will happen this year matters because that's what's going on right now today and in the next months of summer. Your brilliance will not change the outcome of the future. And the future of the Globalist liberals is right now up in the air. The big question is who in the end will get to keep their countries and culture intact and how far will those countries go. To not bend the knee to the Globalist. Germany has been a pancake and a prime example of what happens when you lose. Russia didn't lose then and i don't think they will lose today to the Globalist liberals.They stand alone they want their culture and their country. What's wrong with that?

Last edited by Gorpet; 05-08-23 at 06:36 PM.
Gorpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-23, 06:55 PM   #648
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364
Default Putins War

Just so you know. Has driven 8,000 refugees a day into the United States and there all coming right into Texas and i hope Neil can set up some campsites and portalets on his property and welcome them. Kill some hogs they will need food and i'm sure he is asking himself where the hell is Kamala? Don't worry Joe is sending 1500 hundred military typist to help.
Gorpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-23, 06:42 AM   #649
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
The SNP has been accused of turning a “blind eye” to sexual harassment after it emerged that a disgraced sex pest MP wants to defend his Glasgow seat.

Patrick Grady, who was found by an independent Commons probe to have drunkenly made unwanted sexual advances towards a teenage male staffer, is said to be confident that he can retain his Glasgow North constituency at the next general election.

He is understood to believe that he can hold on to the seat by appealing to Catholic voters, despite previously being suspended from the Commons and the SNP, before he was readmitted to the party last December.

Mr Grady had been found by a Commons probe to have made an “unwanted sexual advance” towards a male staff member, who was then aged 19, while “under the influence of alcohol” in a London pub in October 2016.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...7d1fa81c&ei=24
Absolutely ridiculous and unbelievable

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-23, 11:05 AM   #650
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

Uuuh.....

Appealing to sectarianism in order to keep a hold of his seat. How very typical of Glaswegian politicians of both sides.

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for Glasgow and the Clyde Valley making up 40% of Scotland's population. To control Scotland politically, you have to control the Clyde Valley, as I've posted many, many, times before.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
MGR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-23, 08:31 AM   #651
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Just a few pearls of wisdom for the Archbishop....."The church is one of if not the richest entity in the UK, so why don't you pay for their upkeep"?

Quote:
The Archbishop of Canterbury has attacked the government's migration plans, saying they risked "great damage" to the UK's reputation.

Justin Welby said the Illegal Migration Bill would not stop small boat crossings, and it failed in "our moral responsibly" towards refugees.

He was speaking as the bill begins what is expected to be a rocky passage through the House of Lords.

But Immigration Minister Robert Jenrick urged peers to back the legislation.

Adding that the archbishop was "wrong" in his criticism, he said: "There is nothing moral about allowing the pernicious trade of people smugglers to continue.

"I want to see that stopped, and this bill is the only way to do that," he told BBC Radio 4's World at One.

He added that critics of the bill, including opposition parties, had not suggested "any viable alternatives" to stop journeys across the Channel.

The bill, unveiled in March, is a key part of Prime Minister Rishi Sunak's plan to "stop" small boats crossing the English Channel - which he has made a priority ahead of the next general election.

It will place a legal duty on the home secretary to detain and remove those arriving in the UK illegally, to Rwanda or another "safe" third country.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65535784

Old 05-12-23, 06:56 AM   #652
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Quote:
Green minister Lorna Slater criticised for using private ferry

Another case of "Do as I say and not as I do"
Green minister Lorna Slater was last night accused of a 'spectacular display of hypocrisy' for chartering a private catamaran to visit a Scottish island.
The beleaguered minister is set to travel to the Isle of Rum on the vessel today, instead of using a Scottish Government-owned CalMac ferry.
Ms Slater has previously been called a 'hypocrite' for urging Scots to abandon domestic flights before setting off on her own trips to Canada and Japan.
The fare for the 85-minute crossing would have cost Ms Slater £4.70 on the ferry network. I wonder how much it costs to charter a private catamaran, hundreds of pounds?.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...itics-65570607
Old 05-12-23, 09:54 AM   #653
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 05-12-23, 03:51 PM   #654
Moonlight
Admiral

^I remember the 2010 ConDem coalition, no TV presenter asked the electorate or the Labour Party if they were OK with that one, I'm finding it quite surprising that the Tory party and their shills are focusing on a LabDem coalition now. The Tories need to concentrate on fixing all the screwups they've caused over the last 13 years, get that right (if they can) and there won't be any need for a coalition with anyone, it was a dumb question anyway as the Tories wouldn't give her a truthful answer either.

Quote:
Beth Rigby
I wondered where I'd heard that name before.
In December 2020, Rigby was criticised for breaching London's tier 2 COVID-19 restrictions by attending a restaurant to celebrate the birthday of Sky presenter Kay Burley, and was taken off air until March 2021.
Typical London centric knobhead, they have no bloody morals or shame.
Old 05-13-23, 05:24 AM   #655
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Early signs of a split in the Tory ranks but hardly surprising after the humiliating losses they suffered in last weeks local elections.

Quote:
Former Home Secretary Priti Patel will blame "those in power and control" of the Conservative Party for their heavy local election losses in a speech later.

Ms Patel will say "errors and mistakes made by a minority in Westminster have cost [the] party dearly".

She will be among several high-profile Tory MPs speaking to the Conservative Democratic Organisation, a new grassroots pro-Boris Johnson group.

The Tory Party said it had no comment.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65579691

Old 05-13-23, 06:16 AM   #656
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

This is a hot potato all UK political parties are frightened to make a definitive decision on.

Quote:
HM Treasury would love to see the back of the expensive state pension commitment, but few politicians dare admit this in public.

Whenever they're asked, they squirm and twist and duck the question, because they're too scared to tell us the truth.

Loads of politicians would love to axe the triple lock, but they also want to win the next election.

They can't do both, and they know it.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other...1ff7d996&ei=24

Old 05-13-23, 09:23 AM   #657
Moonlight
Admiral

^Me thinks it's time for some risky Politics.
If the polls at the next General Election are depicting a massive loss for one side or the other, wouldn't it be better to throw the "Triple Lock" into the mix and see what reaction they get from it.
So, they might end up losing the pensioner vote, but, and that's a big "But" by the way, couldn't they pick up a larger share of the younger vote to compensate for it. It will only become a problem when the younger voter turns into a pensioner voter and, everyone knows that the younger end don't look that far ahead.
Old 05-13-23, 09:53 AM   #658
Ostfriese
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

If things go on like this, the younger people won't have to worry about pensions - they won't get one.
Ostfriese is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-23, 10:58 AM   #659
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

To be totally honest with you both I'm not all that bothered personally because I've been in receipt of my Police pension since 2010 and will receive my State pension this July, the being already in receipt of hers.

Two things bother me....the future impact on my children and granddaughter and the fact my State pension will take me well into the taxable deduction bracket.

Old 05-16-23, 05:35 AM   #660
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Something doesn't quite add up here....political interference perhaps?

Quote:
Police in Scotland requested a warrant to search Nicola Sturgeon’s home during the SNP leadership race, but waited two weeks for it to be approved - after the contest was over, it has been alleged.

The Crown Office received the request on March 20, but it was not approved until April 3, the Scottish Sun reported.

Police arrested Ms Sturgeon’s husband, Peter Murrell, and searched the couple’s home in Glasgow, on April 5.

The Crown does not accept that there was any kind of delay, the paper reported, while Police Scotland declined to comment.

At the time, Police Scotland said a 58-year-old man was held in custody in connection with an investigation into the funding and finances of the party.

Mr Murrell was questioned by detectives for 11 hours before being released without charge. Investigators also searched the SNP's headquarters in Edinburgh.

Police continue to investigate allegations that the party misused £600,000 of donations.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...fb4f47d9&ei=16