Old 04-28-24, 09:36 PM   #7786
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

[QUOTE=Buddahaid;2910798]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorpet View Post

Funny how that doesn’t address anything about Jan 6th.
Jan 6th has gone the way of Russian Collusion and the Dodo

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-24, 12:05 AM   #7787
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

[QUOTE=Rockstar;2910842]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post

Jan 6th has gone the way of Russian Collusion and the Dodo
But it was still a direct attack on our basic government and type of Democracy.
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-24, 12:31 AM   #7788
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post

But it was still a direct attack on our basic government and type of Democracy.
Can’t argue, for the simple reason I believe you believe that, and nothing will ever change your mind. All I can say is good luck to ya’ and your never ending crusade. Which in reality over the last decade or so has turned up absolutely nothing other than more loud accusations and headlines.

But then what of the Brits concern about Trump’s legal fees?

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-29-24 at 01:50 AM. Reason: ,
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-24, 05:16 AM   #7789
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I believe you believe that, and nothing will ever change your mind.
I have eyes, ears, and C-SPAN.
I also have enough intellect to figure out what the is going on.

Meanwhile, how often do I reply in these political "got 'cha" threads compared to, let's say, you?

ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-24, 06:19 AM   #7790
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Trump: I Could Have PREVENTED the American Civil War

Quote:
Former President Donald Trump recently made the bold assertion that the civil war could have been negotiated before violence broke out. Trump also believed that he could’ve been the one negotiating, taking a dig at Abraham Lincoln. Critics have called it the “most insane” thing he’s said to date.

At a campaign rally in Newton, Iowa, former President Donald Trump made remarks about the American Civil War that have stirred controversy and ignited debates over historical interpretation and the identity of the Republican Party. The comments were delivered ahead of the state’s caucuses, where Trump is currently leading in the race to secure the Republican Party nomination for the 2024 presidential election.

Trump suggested that the American Civil War, fought between the Union and the Confederacy from 1861 to 1865 over the divisive issue of slavery, could have been avoided through negotiation. Speaking before a crowd of supporters, he stated, “I’m so attracted to seeing it. There was something that could’ve been negotiated… Abraham Lincoln, if he negotiated it, we wouldn’t know who Lincoln was. He wouldn’t have been the Abraham Lincoln. But that would’ve been ok.”

These comments have sparked significant controversy and condemnation, given the historical context and the deeply ingrained understanding of the causes of the Civil War. Trump continued his rant by saying, “So many mistakes were made. See, there was something I think could have been negotiated, to be honest with you… “I think you could have negotiated that. All the people died. So many people died.”

The comments immediately provoked outrage on various online platforms, with former Republican Rep Liz Cheney questioning the feasibility of negotiating aspects of the Civil War, particularly regarding slavery and secession. She directed her criticism towards fellow Republicans who have endorsed Trump, asking how they could defend such statements.

“Which part of the Civil War ‘could have been negotiated’? The slavery part? The secession part? Whether Lincoln should have preserved the Union?” Cheney said, followed by, “Question for members of the GOP — the party of Lincoln — who have endorsed Donald Trump: How can you possibly defend this?”

Columnist Ahmed Baba and radio host Michelangelo Signorile also joined the online condemnation, stressing the historical impossibility of negotiating such a fundamental issue as slavery, “There is no compromise on whether or not Black people should be enslaved. They tried that with the Missouri Compromise —it only separated slave states and free states and led to the Civil War. So no, slavery couldn’t have been ‘negotiated’. It was slavery or no slavery.”

Michelangelo Signorile also said, “This is one of the most insane things Trump has said. Could have negotiated slavery? Would love to hear the terms of that negotiation.”

Trump’s remarks come at a time when the causes of the Civil War have become a sensitive topic within the GOP, particularly during the ongoing primary season. Former South Carolina governor Nikki Haley faced criticism for not explicitly citing slavery as the root cause of the war, attributing it to differences in how government was to be run.

Trump’s statements, deviating from the traditional Republican view of Abraham Lincoln as a hero who preserved the Union and opposed slavery, reveal a different side of the Republican party that we haven’t seen before.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...&ei=70#image=2

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-24, 09:15 AM   #7791
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Trump: I Could Have PREVENTED the American Civil War

What next...?...

(Possible future news report):

"Today Trump declared he could have prevented the Crucifixion of Christ. Trump declared "You know, and many, many people agree, great people, smart people, if I had been around back then I could have easily gotten Jesus off his death penalty. I would have gotten him full, complete immunity with ease and prevented his demise. Only I could have done such a thing and many, many people, as I have said, agree with me..."

<O>
Old 04-29-24, 10:42 AM   #7792
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

You can say what you want but this man have very high thoughts about himself

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-24, 10:42 AM   #7793
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
What next...?...

(Possible future news report):

"Today Trump declared he could have prevented the Crucifixion of Christ. Trump declared "You know, and many, many people agree, great people, smart people, if I had been around back then I could have easily gotten Jesus off his death penalty. I would have gotten him full, complete immunity with ease and prevented his demise. Only I could have done such a thing and many, many people, as I have said, agree with me..."

<O>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Dargo is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-24, 10:55 AM   #7794
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

I'm glad to see someone who thinks it might have been a good idea to at least try to prevent the American Civil War.

If we get "Four more years, pause." it will make all the wars we've fought feel like such awful wastes of life for absolutely NOTHING. NOTHING!
Old 04-29-24, 12:10 PM   #7795
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
What next...?
Maybe he could have saved Uncle Bosey from being eaten by cannibals.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online   Reply With Quote