SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-10-22, 05:34 PM   #3661
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

His desire to run again has been known for a awhile here. IMO he can if wants too but I don’t think anyone other than the most ardent fanboy would vote for him. Everyone knows our ‘appointed’ and ‘unelected president’ is Susan Rice. She’s setting foreign policy Biden is just used as a prop.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-22, 05:36 PM   #3662
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Heard in the news that Steve Bannon, Donald Trump's former adviser, has apparently changed his mind and will now testify before Congress

Now everyone is expecting him to reveal some juicy stuff.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-22, 07:29 PM   #3663
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Oh look a refinery explosion in Medford, OK. Watch the prices fizz.

http://www.okenergytoday.com/2022/07...s-evacuations/

Old 07-10-22, 08:20 PM   #3664
Otto Harkaman
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Heard in the news that Steve Bannon, Donald Trump's former adviser, has apparently changed his mind and will now testify before Congress

Markus

Donald Trump demanded the toilet be enlarged on Air Force One

Otto Harkaman is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-22, 08:38 PM   #3665
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post

Markus

No, that's not what happened Markus. Trump wrote Bannon a rather nice letter encouraging him to testify and removing his claim of executive privilege. He didn't just change his mind.

The letter:

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...er-07092022pdf

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-22, 10:53 AM   #3666
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Jobless claims edge up to highest since January; planned layoffs soar; trade deficit hits 2022 low

Layoffs destroy peoples lives and small business. But believe it or not it’s a great way to help stem inflation.

At least that’s what the elected democrat from California and inside traders Nancy and her husband Paul Pelosi who spent 4th of July on a beach in Italy think.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/07/jobl...-2022-low.html

Quote:
Initial filings for unemployment benefits totaled 235,000 for the week ended July 2, a gain of 4,000 from the previous period.

The U.S. imbalance for goods and services declined to $85.5 billion, from $86.7 billion in April.

Another report indicated that companies announced 32,517 layoffs in June, a 57% jump from a month ago and the highest total since February 2021.

Old 07-11-22, 11:08 AM   #3667
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
No, that's not what happened Markus. Trump wrote Bannon a rather nice letter encouraging him to testify and removing his claim of executive privilege. He didn't just change his mind.

The letter:

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...er-07092022pdf
Nor in the studio or in the field where the news program reporter was sending from USA did they mentioned any letter(Can't remember hearing it).

I say thank you for having enlighten me. Now I know a bit more than my fellow Danes.

Edit
Made another search and found an another Danish newspaper mentioned it..BUT no mention of any letter. Now I wonder can it be true !?
End edit

Edit 2
I made an another search and found this (Did Trump send a letter to Steve Bannon)
https://www.forbes.com/sites/annakap...h=4356dc3f3df2
End edit 2

Markus

My little lovely female cat

Last edited by mapuc; 07-11-22 at 12:05 PM.
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-22, 11:15 AM   #3668
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by u-Crank
It's a brave new world.
...brave new dystopian world...

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-22, 12:56 PM   #3669
Otto Harkaman
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 31

Energy expert sounds alarm on Biden selling oil to China: 'Worthy of congressional investigation'

Daniel Turner says it's 'pretty remarkable' Biden chose the one Chinese firm with ties to Hunter to sell U.S. oil to

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...-investigation

Gas down twenty cents how long will this fantastic lowing of prices last?

Otto Harkaman is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-22, 01:31 PM   #3670
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

You really need to look beyond Fox sensationalism to foment outrage.
https://factcheck.afp.com/doc.afp.com.32E34BY

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-22, 01:33 PM   #3671
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Unforeseen consequence of abortion banning.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62124366

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-22, 01:52 PM   #3672
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
You really need to look beyond Fox sensationalism to foment outrage.
https://factcheck.afp.com/doc.afp.com.32E34BY
Claims that US oil reserve exports harm consumers are misleading. I don’t see anyone here or on social media arguing how it harms consumers and as you say “to foment rage”. Not even the fox business report Otto linked to argues that. Weirder yet after actually reading the link you posted even those French fact checkers don’t even argue over claims of the sale harming consumers.

I think we can all agree such a stunt may lower prices a bit. But that will only last as long as we have strategic oil reserves to sell. After that’s gone what’s the next gimmick Democrats will use to appease mid term voters? I always thought the whole idea behind strategic oil reserves is to prepare in the event of a national emergency. But when it’s sold for the purpose of political party gain to appease voters and the personal gain, nepotism, supporting the crackhead son of the current President. It places our own national security in jeopardy.

Last edited by Rockstar; 07-11-22 at 06:53 PM.
Old 07-11-22, 02:00 PM   #3673
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Unforeseen consequence of abortion banning.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62124366
That’s actually kinda funny.

Old 07-13-22, 07:38 AM   #3674
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
An Open Letter Denouncing the Attacks on Justice Clarence Thomas

White progressives do not have the moral authority to excommunicate a black man from his race because they disagree with him.
And those – regardless of background – who join in the charade or remain silent are guilty of enabling this abuse.
We, the undersigned, condemn the barrage of racist, vicious, and ugly personal attacks that we are witnessing on Clarence Thomas – a sitting Supreme Court justice. Whether it is calling him a racist slur, an “Uncle Tom” or questioning his “blackness” over his jurisprudence, the disparagement of this man, of his faith and of his character, is abominable.
Regardless of where one stands on Justice Thomas’ personal or legal opinions, he is among the pantheon of black trailblazers throughout American history and is a model of integrity, scholarship, steadfastness, resilience, and commitment to the Constitution of the United States of America. For three decades Justice Thomas has served as a model for our children. He has long been honored and celebrated by black people in this country and his attackers do not speak for the majority of blacks.
He is entirely undeserving of the vitriol directed at him. Character assassination has become too convenient a tool for eviscerating those who dare dissent from the prevailing agenda, especially when it is a black man who is dissenting.
This is not about the content of the court’s decisions or Justice Thomas’ personal views; some of the undersigned agree with his judicial decisions and some do not. We speak out – as black people and Americans – to condemn these attacks and support Justice Thomas, because to remain silent would be to implicitly endorse these poisonous schemes as well as his destruction.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...as_147879.html

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-22, 01:54 PM   #3675
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

Nothing to see here, move along, move along..

Quote:
NEW YORK (AP) — New York City residents are accustomed to warnings about all kinds of potential threats — severe weather, public health, mass shootings.

But a new PSA on surviving a nuclear attack has rattled some cages.

Released this week by the city’s emergency management agency, the 90-second video advises citizens to stay indoors and wash off any radioactive dust or ash. It opens on a computer-generated street, devoid of life. Damaged skyscrapers can be seen in the background.

Looking into the camera, a spokesperson says: “So there’s been a nuclear attack. Don’t ask me how or why. Just know that the big one has hit."

Many New Yorkers were left asking, “Why now?”

Christina Farrell, the city's emergency management deputy commissioner, said the video isn’t tied to any specific threats. She said it's about raising awareness of something most people haven't given much thought.

“There’s no overarching reason why this is the time we sent this out,” Farrell told The Associated Press on Tuesday. “It’s just one tool in the toolbox to be prepared in the 21st century."

She said the agency's goal is to empower people regarding a scary subject, and despite the mixed reactions to the video, “people have thanked us that we are approaching this topic.”

“I don’t know if there’s ever the perfect moment to talk about nuclear preparedness,” she added, saying city officials have discussed implementing nuclear guidelines for quite some time. New York’s emergency response program, Ready New York, has been around since 2003.

Mayor Eric Adams has said he doesn't believe the video was alarmist, telling reporters Tuesday “I’m a big believer in better safe than sorry.”
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote