SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-03-14, 09:45 PM   #166
Da11en47
Watch

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0

JSGME Mod Validator v1.0.11.0 by TheDarkWraith

C:\Users\Dallen\Desktop\JSGMEModValidator_v1_0_11_ ByTheDarkWraith\jsgmemodvalidator.cfg exists=True
Reading in items to look for in mods...
not looking for any items

using Silent Hunter 5

SH5 version is 1.2.0.0

MODS installed:
The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod
The Wolves of Steel - 1.01 patch

Validating mods...

Validating C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunter 5\MODS\The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunter 5\MODS\The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod\data doesn't exist!

Validating C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunter 5\MODS\The Wolves of Steel - 1.01 patch
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunter 5\MODS\The Wolves of Steel - 1.01 patch installed correctly

Checking for items to look for...
no items to look for defined

Mod conflicts:
+D = creation dates equal, -D = creation dates not equal
+A = last accessed dates equal, -A = last accessed dates not equal
+W = last accessed write dates equal, -M = last accessed write dates not equal
+S = sizes equal, -S = sizes not equal
no conflicts

So did it work...
Da11en47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-14, 10:02 PM   #167
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

SH5 Megamod\data doesn't exist!
It has something to do with steam . It will work with steam . Someone will have to tell you what the problem is with steam . Just wait for an answer .
Did you put the correct wolves of steel folder in the MODS folder before enabling with the mod enabler . The Wolves of Steel /data
Not The Wolves of Steel /MODS /The Wolves of Steel / data
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-14, 11:34 PM   #168
Da11en47
Watch

Downloads: 35

I believe I did it right, I'm going to try again tomorrow with a fresh install. But if someone knows how to do it properly through Steam I would appreciate a walk through or guide.

I never did see the file TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py in step 6, to make any changes.

Wow, the more I read the more I keep seeing maybe I shouldn't have bought this off of Steam. Is a hardcopy the way to go or what about buying off Amazon, download or hardcopy? http://www.amazon.com/Silent-Hunter-...ilent+hunter+5

Thanks again, I'm a former SH3 & 4 player and now seem way of touch with this game even though it was released 2010...

Last edited by Da11en47; 02-04-14 at 12:40 AM.
Da11en47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-14, 05:02 AM   #169
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da11en47 View Post
I believe I did it right, I'm going to try again tomorrow with a fresh install. But if someone knows how to do it properly through Steam I would appreciate a walk through or guide.
Step 1: make sure that JSGME is configured correctly. You should either put it within your SH5 installation folder (i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunter 5) or, if installed elsewhere, create a shortcut to JSGME.exe and make it to point to the said path. Detailed instructions on how to use JSGME are available at this link. Coming from SHIII-IV, you probably know it all already, but a good repetition won't harm.

Step 2: make sure you have dropped The Wolves of Steel in the correct folder: <C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunter 5\MODS>.

Step 3: as noted by sober, make sure that the TWoS's folder you have enabled through JSGME, is the correct one; the folder to be dropped in the <...\Silent Hunter 5\MODS> folder should have a <data> subfolder immediately inside it.

There is no reason for JSGME-ready mods not to work with the Steam copy of the game, as many other Steam-SH5 owners never complained. If you have followed the above instructions to the letter, your campaign selection menu should look like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da11en47 View Post
Wow, the more I read the more I keep seeing maybe I shouldn't have bought this off of Steam.
That is true: having a Steam copy of the game you can't use TDW's patcher, and you are going to loose many new features and fixes that couldn't be achieved through ordinary mods
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-14, 10:15 AM   #170
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTEN View Post
I'm having trouble with the engine telegraph using SH3 style UI. When I click ahead 1/3 the telegraph goes to slow, click ahead standard and it goes to 1/3 and so on, this only happens when submerged.
Yes...This is because we now have new values for electric engines rations introduced by TDW generic patcher. I think this is normal behavior but TDW knows the best.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-14, 05:29 PM   #171
diablo82
Seaman

Downloads: 197

How to reduce RAOBF rings so as to you could see the whole scale. For me it is cut up and down.
How to enable scale in the middle of the viewfinder periscope. For me it is shifted to the left and up.
diablo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-14, 06:50 PM   #172
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1755
Default Ctd alert.

I am having crashes due to something with my video cards. I could be the underwater FX mod because I have Nvidia cards and I understand that this particular mod doesn't play well with them. It could also be an overheating problem but I'm not sure. How do I get rid of the underwater FX inorder to check this?
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-14, 03:50 AM   #173
diablo82
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo82 View Post

How to reduce RAOBF rings so as to you could see the whole scale. For me it is cut up and down.
How to enable scale in the middle of the viewfinder periscope. For me it is shifted to the left and up.

Can someone help on this? Is this a bug in the mod?
Old 02-05-14, 05:15 AM   #174
limkol
XO

Downloads: 210

Hi guys,

If I wanted to change the crew's heads like in Mighty Fine Crew mod, how would I do it?
I don't want to just add Mighty Fine Crew mod for example, as I know this will affect other things. It's only the textures I want to change. So what files will I need to add/change?
It's not a big deal for me, but I do think those stock heads take a bit of the realism away. Eye patches and glasses on a u-boat?
I am not expecting anyone to use their time on making a patch, but if I knew how to do it myself it would be great
I appreciate your hard work. Thanks again
limkol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-14, 10:53 AM   #175
teambmw
Nub

Downloads: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by limkol View Post
Hi guys,

If I wanted to change the crew's heads like in Mighty Fine Crew mod, how would I do it?
I don't want to just add Mighty Fine Crew mod for example, as I know this will affect other things. It's only the textures I want to change. So what files will I need to add/change?
It's not a big deal for me, but I do think those stock heads take a bit of the realism away. Eye patches and glasses on a u-boat?
I am not expecting anyone to use their time on making a patch, but if I knew how to do it myself it would be great
I appreciate your hard work. Thanks again
+1 stock faces look weird
teambmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-14, 05:55 PM   #176
diablo82
Seaman

Quote:

What to do to in my RAOBF looked like this

Is it the fault of the screen resolution? The SH 5 is set to max resolution of 1366x768.
Old 02-06-14, 09:53 AM   #177
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
What to do to in my RAOBF looked like this

Is it the fault of the screen resolution? The SH 5 is set to max resolution of 1366x768.
You can ask in this thread...http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=209462
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-14, 12:28 PM   #178
steineib
Watch

Downloads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Yes, TAI map is disabled with TDW options file editor. You can use same application to enable it again...
and how ?
steineib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-14, 01:26 PM   #179
diablo82
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
I ask in this thread because I have installed this mega mod "The Wolves of Steel" + "The Wolves of Steel - Patch 1.01"
Old 02-07-14, 04:39 PM   #180
diablo82
Seaman

I have no idea how to do that RAOBF work 100% I installed the mod from Sobers and mega mod The Wolves of Steel and always the same effect is. Maybe something has a version of the game for that. I have steam version, not the DVD. Probably not play this game. : (