Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-22, 07:38 AM   #991
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Hacker group Anonymous has taken down RT.com.
Of course this will not change much, and it will not last for long, but at least they did something.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 02-25-22, 08:12 AM   #992
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Tells something about Germany that they prohibit RT to broadcast - and do nothing about RT nevertheless continuing to broadcast.

Reports say that the Russian now want to negotiate, and have no intention to occupy Ukraine, only want to denazify and demilitarize and bla and bla and blablabla. "Denazify", ha!

Just assume for a moment they do like they say this indeed, do not occupy, only demilitarise and make sure, in their own words, that a truly democratically elected government is in place that reflects the diversity of the Ukrainian society, so Lavrov's vocabulary. If it comes this way, then we have the idea of the Russian plan, it is to indeed install a puppet regime in Kyiv (finally i get that city name right...) that depends on Moscow and takes Moscow'S commands much like Lukashenko now is Putin'S puppet again and Belarus now is taking Russian commands as well.

The bad news is that Ukraine is lost as a free and independent state. The good news is that Putin has not gone insane completely and thus: unpredictable, and we all maybe do not sit on a powderkeg whose explosion is imminent. In other words, we won time.

IF this is indeed what the Russians want and will do. But who does trust in them anymore? We need to wait and then will see.

We nevertheless should kick Russia out of SWOFT even if this hurts as tremendously as well. We should stop doing any sort of business with them. ANY sort of business, no matter what. We are feeding a rabid dog with our bare hands if we continue to do that.

Germany must switch back on those three nuclear plants it just has switched off few weeks ago, and it must stop the decommissioning of the last three nuclear reactors by the end of this year. I mean, already before the Ukraine desaster all world was laughing about us, how thundering will the laughing become if we still do not react? Switching off safe and clean powerplants long before one has replaced their capacity, how stupid is this...?

Last edited by Skybird; 02-25-22 at 11:19 AM.
Old 02-25-22, 09:17 AM   #993
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Ukraine ready for talks with Russia on neutral status

If true, this is about the best outcome the rest of us could hope for. But probably too late.
Old 02-25-22, 10:03 AM   #994
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Ya I don’t think there is any reason to believe Russia is interested in neutrality talks. Putin stated near the outset he has no intention of occupying Ukraine. Which IMO means he intends to install a puppet government that will define his forces from being occupiers to just visiting.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 02-25-22, 10:18 AM   #995
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Vitali Klitschko: The capital has entered the defense phase

February 25, 2022, 2:19 p.m.

https://kyivcity.gov.ua/news/vitaliy..._fazu_oboroni/

(Using google translate)

Kyiv Mayor Vitaliy Klitschko said that the capital has entered the defense phase. But he urged Kyiv residents to be vigilant, careful and not to leave their homes or shelters unnecessarily. Vitali Klitschko stated this during an urgent online briefing on Kyiv TV.

“I would like to inform you about the situation in Kyiv and the actions of the city authorities in the conditions of Russian aggression and martial law in the capital. The situation is complicated and tense. Today the Russian army attacked Kyiv. After four in the morning, missile strikes were fired on residential areas of Kyiv. A residential building at 7-A Koshytsia Street was badly damaged by the rocket. Four residents of the house were injured. An elderly civilian was also injured in a collision between a Russian armored vehicle and a private car in Obolon. He is in intensive care at an ambulance. In serious condition. In connection with the approach of active hostilities, the city authorities are urging residents of Obolon district not to go outside. Because it is dangerous. Stay indoors - at home or in shelters. You can leave only if, at the signal of the air alarm, you go to the shelter. WITH map of shelters can be found on the website and social networks of the city authorities. I urge residents of other districts of Kyiv not to leave their homes or shelters. In order not to be in danger, ”Vitaliy Klitschko will address Kyiv residents.

According to the mayor, the capital has entered the defense phase.

“The city has entered the defense phase. Now in some areas of the capital shots and explosions are heard. Ukrainian military neutralizes Russian sabotage groups. The enemy is already in Kyiv. We must keep the capital that the enemy wants to bring to its knees and destroy! ” Klitschko emphasized.

According to Vitali Klitschko, all those who can defend the city must join and resist - to help Ukrainian soldiers.

"Today, the armed forces are showing heroism and self-sacrifice. For us with you. For the sake of our state. The Ukrainian army is defending Kyiv. The situation is complicated. But we believe in our Armed Forces. We support them and help in every possible way. Today, I urge Kyiv residents to be especially vigilant: to report suspicious objects and marks planted by saboteurs to adjust enemy fire. As the city government, we are doing everything possible to keep the situation under control. We ensure the functioning of the city's critical infrastructure. Infrastructure of housing and communal services. Public transport and the metro in the city are working. However, I would like to note that the Dnipro, Hydropark, Livoberezhna, Darnytsia, Chernihivska, and Lisova ground stations will not work with the Air Alarm signal. They are not safe for sheltering and transporting passengers.

He noted that in the event of an air alarm and the activation of sirens - underground stations are open to shelter residents at any time of day - to withstand the threat.
At the same time, the mayor of Kyiv called on Kyiv residents to stock up on water, food and basic necessities. Prepare warm clothes, blankets - to take them
while in shelter.

"I have said and will say again today that there is a lot of misinformation that is being spread in order to sow panic. This is also part of Russia's war against
Ukraine. Therefore, we trust only information from official sources. No matter how difficult it is, keep calm! We support our Armed Forces, which are defending us today and fighting for Ukrainian land. Fighting continues in many Ukrainian cities. And our soldiers are well "pouring" the aggressor. Today Ukraine shows itself as a country that resolutely, with dignity and selflessly defends its freedom, statehood and democratic choice! It will be difficult, because the horde is big. But we must persevere! Glory to Ukraine!" - Vitali Klitschko emphasized.

Old 02-25-22, 10:18 AM   #996
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

In a way I feel very sad-They are on their own against a military superpower, where the only thing we can do is to send weapons, money and support them morally.

Only weapon we have is sanction-but how much does these affect Russian economy ?

Edit
In a twitter the Ukrainian President ask European men with fighting experience to join the Ukrainian in the struggle against Russia
This was copied by a Danish politician who in extension wrote:
"European countries cannot do this. But European citizens can do well. Do not let any government stand in the way of those who want to go out and fight for freedom and justice. Let soldiers who want to fight in Ukraine step outside the number. Others can contribute financially"
End edit

Markus

My little lovely female cat

Last edited by mapuc; 02-25-22 at 10:41 AM.
mapuc is online  
Old 02-25-22, 10:41 AM   #997
clayton
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 179

Take those SOB’s out of SWIFT. There is no such thing as neutrality with a tyrant. It's a matter of time before they show their hand, and it will continue until Putin’s next temper tantrum. Strike the Russian people hard until they overthrow that little wannabe corporal.
Old 02-25-22, 10:51 AM   #998
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Ukraine ready for talks with Russia on neutral status

If true, this is about the best outcome the rest of us could hope for. But probably too late.
Yes, but unrealistic, I fear. Putin wants a puppet regime. That hardly is "neutrality", but vasallship. He also wants no democracy in the Ukraine. Thats a mind poison that could further drip from Ukraine into Russia.
Old 02-25-22, 10:58 AM   #999
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
In a way I feel very sad-They are on their own against a military superpower, where the only thing we can do is to send weapons, money and support them morally.

Only weapon we have is sanction-but how much does these affect Russian economy ?

Markus
Putin didn’t just think about invasion last week, they’ve had years to prepare. In his speech before the invasion he stated: “No matter how the events unfold, we are ready. All the necessary decisions in this regard have been taken. I hope that my words will be heard”. Some immediately think he’s only talking about the nuke option. However I’d wager those “necessary decisions” also include preparing Russia’s own economy against even more sanctions and I bet that includes SWIFT.

Unless Ukraine can pull a rabbit out of their hat. Things will eventually settle and we’ll get back to business as usual. With Russia controlling the hub of European Asian trade routes.

https://www.hoover.org/research/how-...hange-reserves

https://www.mei.edu/publications/russia-black-sea

Big f’in brass ones

Last edited by Rockstar; 02-25-22 at 11:38 AM.
Old 02-25-22, 11:26 AM   #1000
Skybird
Soaring

German media report that it was explicitly Scholz' pressure - oh dear once again the Germans, its tiresome with them - that prevented the EU to disconnect Russia from SWIFT.

Its unbelievable, this German policy madness makes me sick, sick, sick. We directly finance Russia's war of attack against the Ukraine! Every business company still doing business with Russia makes itself an accomplice of Putin.

Germany must bite the bitter fruit and accept the - massive! - fallout from disconnecting Russia from SWIFT. Maybe it is a helpful experience for the Germans if some millions of them cannot heat or sit in darkness for some days. When existential needs occupy their minds and command their daily actions they have less time to endlessly dream fancy, supersmart, politically correct, world-improving, masterfully designed, morally utmost perfecly founded concepts and plans for how to lecture mankind of how to become a better lifeform.

Scholz' own party, the SPD, is said to be in growing parts against him.

If Putin has a replacement for SWIFT in place already, and I think he has, then excluding Russia from SWIFT nevertheless would do them damage, make it nevertheless more costly for Russia. It will likely not break them their neck, but it will do them the best of pains we can inflict on them. But then, lets not forget that, Scholz said the pipeline is just "frozen", not dead. I think he already plans for opening ties and trade with Russia again.

Last edited by Skybird; 02-25-22 at 11:35 AM.
Old 02-25-22, 11:40 AM   #1001
Skybird
Soaring

FOCUS writes:

[...] Germany has aggressively ignored this change in Russia and Putin. With the blessing of Chancellor Angela Merkel and her Social Democratic foreign minister, Frank Walter Steinmeier, construction on Nord Stream 2 began a year after Russia invaded Ukraine [Crimea]

At that time, the Baltics and the Poles warned - the same countries, in other words, that would have liked to see Russia excluded from the Swift system. This is not a coincidence. Germany misjudged Putin, it was a historical mistake. Poles and Balts had no illusions about Putin and Russians - they have been victims of Russian imperialism, which has been and still is over corpses.

It has often been written: Putin considers the West weak and decadent. Many in Germany, but most in the political class, have shaken their heads at this, along the lines of: what an idiot.

Putin may be a war criminal, but he is not an idiot. He is, like every dictator, one who takes what he wants and sets his own rules.

Putin knows Germany. And its opportunism. He was right.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

States have no friends, states have interests. But the cynism is sickening.
Old 02-25-22, 11:41 AM   #1002
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

China’s Xi asks Putin to negotiate with Ukraine

"China’s position would be based on the right and wrong in relation to the Ukraine issue itself", Chinese president says.

https://www.politico.eu/article/chin...tiate-ukraine/

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 02-25-22, 11:42 AM   #1003
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

If we cut Russian banks from SWIFT. Germany and the U.S. would be the one’s most hurt by it and if Russia is already prepared for such a sanction then what’s the point of doing it?

I think now it’s just turned towards internal political party posturing.

I could be wrong as I don’t know very much about SWIFT. But if it was an easy decision I think it would have been done by now.

Old 02-25-22, 11:49 AM   #1004
Skybird
Soaring

We are financing the war of attack against Ukraine that way, Rockstar. We have then no right to criticise Pujtin- we assist him actively. We help him to finance his assault on the Ukraine. Thats what we do.

A few weeks ago there was a news or docu on German TV I think about Russia'S attempt to install an alternative to SWIFT. They said the effort produced a system that is pathetic at best, has way too few acceptance partners and banks connected, as if it could compete with SWIFT, not to mention: replace it. It cannot, they said. It cannot replace it most likely, SWIFT has over 11 thousand banks connected globally, the Russian system only a very few, all of them being Russian, and internationally: a few acceptance points in states that are close vasalls of Russia. Ids any of them a major economic hub? No, none.

It would hurt us in Germany most, and some others, yes. But it would hurt Russia still much, much more.

And it is the right thing to do. Nobody forced us to bring ourselves into ever deepening dependency from Russia. Our foreign political dogma of "change by trade" has exploded into our face: in China, in Iran, in Turkey, in Russia, in then Arab Spring, in Afghanistan. Illusions and more illusions. German foreign policy dogmata and all the many diplomatic life-long lies to ourselves have just been "armageddonised". We directly financially support the Russian war of attack against Ukraine. Let that sink in. We directly finance Russia's war of attack against Ukrane. You as well, and quite some more. We finance and support it. Trump may like the conception of this. I spit on it.

Last edited by Skybird; 02-25-22 at 11:57 AM.
Old 02-25-22, 11:57 AM   #1005
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
We are financing the war of attack agai8nst Ukraine that way, Rockstar. We have then no right to criticise Pujtin- we assist him actively.

A few weeks ago there was a news or docu on German TV I think about Russia'S attempt to install an alternative to SWIFT. They said the effort priduced a system that is olathetic ta best, has way too many accpetka nce partners and banks connected as if it could even compete with SWIFT, not to mention: repalc eit. It cannot replac eit most likely, SWIFT has over 11 thousand banks globally, the Russian system only a very few, all of them being Russian, and internationally: a few acceptance points in states that are close vasalls of Russia.

It would hzurt us Germany most, and some others, yes. But it would hurt Russia still much, much more.

And it is the right thing to do. We directly financially support the Russian war of attack against Ukraine. Let that sink in. We directly finance Russia's war of attack against Ukrane. We finance and support it. Trump may like the conception of this. I spit on it.

Jesushchrist this doesn’t have squat to do with the orange man. None of what Putin is doing should come as a surprise to our countries spooks and leaders, Russia has been preparing for this since at the very least 2014. Other than shooting ourselves in the foot and accelerating Russia’s voluntary switch from SWIFT to China’s CIP what does disconnecting Russia from SWIFT accomplish especially if they been saving their rubles and have immediate alternatives? Personally I think Putin has us over a barrel.

Last edited by Rockstar; 02-25-22 at 12:15 PM.
Closed Thread