SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-21-20, 11:53 AM   #3631
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-20, 01:14 PM   #3632
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Fox channel was playing in the background while watching the above video about wearing mask and how they are of a large benefit if you don't want to catch the corona virus.

The scroll had the words "Trump does not want to wear a mask when he visits the Ford Motor Company in Detroit" with his picture on the screen saying, "I don't know if I will wear a mask or not for my visit to the Ford plant"

I love him, but it's just plain simple math, "Wear a mask"
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-20, 01:17 PM   #3633
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Matt Hancock leads the UK's daily coronavirus briefing amid calls to finalise the test, track and trace strategy.
Trials of a new coronavirus test returning results in just 20 minutes will begin in Hampshire on Thursday, he says.

The NHS Confederation warns of "severe" consequences if the right system is not established quickly.

The number of confirmed cases worldwide since the outbreak began passes five million.

More than 328,000 people have died with Covid-19, and 1.9 million have recovered, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.

Trials of two anti-malarial drugs begin in the UK to see if they can prevent infection.

Scotland will reopen all schools from 11 August, First Minister Nicola Sturgeon says.

Old 05-21-20, 02:26 PM   #3634
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

You could say Sweden is the black sheep in the Scandinavian family

Denmark have been talking about opening its border for Norwegians, and Finnish, but not Swedish

The same have the Primeminister in Finland and Norway said-Opening the border for the Scandinavians, except the Swedish citizens.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-20, 04:05 PM   #3635
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Sweden base son a huge poandemic exercise and study they did in 2010 und supervision of their current top state pandemist. There they rated the pandemy not just on grounds of the damage it does, but assumed collaterla death rates casued by fighting it, and under health and mentla health indices.

I do not find that study, or what is reprted about iut, convinsingk, but thats what they seem to have chosen as theoir basis for today'S action.

Standardised to comaoring deifntion s of what detahs are caused by Covid 19, and standardised against population (Germany has over eight times more people, for example), their Covid-1q9 caused death rate two days ago was 3 times higher than that of Denmark or Norway, and 3.8 times higher than that of Germany.

They need good compensation effects to justfiy this.

Now compare that with New Zealand. They had or still have a totla lockdown, stricter than almost anywherre else. They have a currently overwhelming success over the virus - but with extreme costs for the economy and civil society, it seems.

Its a moral dilemma, very difficult to weigh. Its veryx difficult to discmrinate between loss in life directly due to the vorus and its health conditions, and the collateral loss of live from fighting the virus.

To allow loss of mlife growing to save the eocnoimy means to preoclaim the right that the state shall decide to let parts of the populatiion die due ti denying them direct help in order of interests of the majority.

Very dangerous. How many lives are fine to sacrifice to save economic interests? How many lives are fine to destroy collaterally due to saving virus patients?

Very dangerous precedences can be created from this.

Very difficult to morally navigate these waters.
Old 05-21-20, 04:25 PM   #3636
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Even though the Swedes picked a different way, they have also a big economical crisis like the rest of the world.

Even if they have kept most of the society open, the selling have gone down by 20-something percentage.

Markus
Old 05-22-20, 04:40 AM   #3637
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

A pandemic of conspiracy theories spreads across the internet and around the world --

https://news.yahoo.com/a-pandemic-of...195903321.html

<O>
Old 05-22-20, 06:50 AM   #3638
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 05-22-20, 06:51 AM   #3639
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Brazil's death toll hits 20,047 as fears grow Latin America could become the pandemic's next epicentre.

Countries including Mexico, Chile and Peru are also struggling to contain major outbreaks.

UK arrivals could face fines if they break isolation rules that are set to be announced.

But Australia says its travellers should be exempt from the planned two-week quarantine.

The plan to reopen schools in England on 1 June is questioned by local councils.

UK government borrowing reaches £62.1bn ($75.8bn) in April, a record high.

Globally, there have been 5.1 million confirmed cases and nearly 333,000 deaths.

Old 05-22-20, 11:01 AM   #3640
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Here in Denmark a political storm of hurricane force is on the rise

Yes it is related to Corona.

So far it looks like the Primeminister may have exceeded her exercises powers

It turned out that the massive shut down of the Danish society was a lot more than needed and what the Danish Serum Institute recommended.

Markus
Old 05-22-20, 11:02 AM   #3641
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 05-22-20, 01:19 PM   #3642
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 05-22-20, 04:09 PM   #3643
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

I've picked up something elderberry at the Walmart in the pharmacy section. It's kind of an unusual, but it a good way taste. Might have to try some jam or jelly off Amazon. Supposedly has some positive effect towards immune system.
Old 05-22-20, 04:21 PM   #3644
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
I've picked up something elderberry at the Walmart in the pharmacy section. It's kind of an unusual, but it a good way taste. Might have to try some jam or jelly off Amazon. Supposedly has some positive effect towards immune system.

August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-20, 04:41 PM   #3645
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Quote of importance (2:07)

"If you're in the sunshine, you get Vitamine D. Now you dont want to get burnt in the sun, so if it takes about 2 hours say to get sunburned, then you make a lot of Vitamine D in one hour. So we want to get halfway to being sunburned to make an optimal amount of Vitamine D. If you're exposed to the sun for half the time it takes you to get sunburned with a good body exposure under your shorts and your top off, you make about 20 thousand units of Vitamine D, so that is a lot. (...) If somebody is deficient in Vitamine D, there is evidence that supplements can improve the quality of immunity."

He does not explicitly say this, but I strongly assume he says this about white skinned humans. Darker skin colours produce Vitmane D slower, the darkest very slowly. Also, you may live in a sunny country, but by job circumstances spend a lot of time indoors, so that weighs in.

I feel reconfirmed in my self-prescription of 10 thousand units per day, of course together with Vit K2 and Magnesium, this should never be ignored.

Do not take it together with Calcium. Pay attention to that Vitamine K helps blood clotting, which in principle is good since it helps to seal bleeding wounds faster. If I would catch the virus, I would immediately skip taking Vit K2 and lower the dose of Vitamine D, since Coivid 19 is known now to excessively cause blood clotting, one third or more of the hospitalised cases have according complications. You also need to pay attention to Vitamine K when you take blood thinners - both agents' effects are antagonistic, obviously.

Note that national food and nutrition agencies tend to be extremely conservative in their recommendations of supplements. In Germany, they almost always say "Nay", while in the US Vit-D even gets added in significant quantities, it seems to me, to foods you buy off the shelves. There is no consensus on these supplements, and none of these agencies guards the only true holy grail - not with Vitamine D and not with any other food supplements. They are bureaucratic organizations with plenty of both industrial and ideological lobbyists trying to manipulate them, so money making and missionising both play important roles. Inform yourself from different sources, use your reason, and make a rational decision that you can form good arguments for. Do not just blindly follow what your Doc tells you - no doctor knows everything, some are modern, some are old-fashioned, some learn new stuff, some refuse to let new stuff touch them, and none of them has divine inerrable knowledge. Mostly I listen to them - but not always. I demand a doctor to be able to thoroughly explain even that what I as a non-doctor do not know by default. What they give in explanation has to make sense to me, if it does not, I reject them, and if they cannot explain it so that I understand it, I conclude they do not know what they talk about, and if they do not take the time it takes to explain it, I withdraw all trust and will never see them again.

Fortunately Dr Campbell is very good in explaining things.

And he has friendly eyes. Laugh, if you want, but I pay attention to such details. Eyes are windows to the soul, poets say. There is some truth in that, I think. Faces can lie. Eyes never.

Last edited by Skybird; 05-22-20 at 05:01 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan