Closed Thread

Old 10-08-22, 08:37 AM   #7141
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Is that a 2 or 3 star hotel by Russian standards?
Old 10-08-22, 08:41 AM   #7142
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/...62916844179456

Edit
Take a look at the video in this status. Never seen the explosion from that angle.
https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/...68551170592769
End edit

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Old 10-08-22, 08:57 AM   #7143
Skybird
Soaring

Ukraine reports growing problems and in parts "catastrophic failure" of Starlink connections along the frontlines, "Handelsblatt" reports. These are extrneely dangeorus for the Ukrainian offensiove.

Either it is Russian hacking, and Starlink must be a top priority for them, no doubt on that, or it is Elon Musk pushing the buttons. Several articles I read describe that the Starlink satellites are quite well protected against hacking. Musk's idiotic tweets and Russia-friendly "plans" for a "peace deal" certainly put him on the list of suspects: top rank on mine, at least, even before the Russians. For him, in the end his own interests come first, and his communcational manipulation is as intense as always.
Old 10-08-22, 09:01 AM   #7144
Ostfriese
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
At 00:01:33ff there is a hissing sound before the explosion. Missile incoming? Sound travels slower than light, it cannot be the airblast and shockwave preceeding the sights of the explosion. So the 1 million coins question is: what is that hissing sound?

This part is definitely not from today, because the video shows bright daylight, but the bridge was clearly hit in the dark.
Old 10-08-22, 09:02 AM   #7145
Ostfriese
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Edit
Take a look at the video in this status. Never seen the explosion from that angle.
https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/...68551170592769
End edit

Markus

Again: this video shows an explosion in broad daylight, but the explosion definitely took place during the early morning hours when it was dark.
Old 10-08-22, 11:10 AM   #7146
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
I can't be the only one speculating in what kind of response Putin will come up with.

Markus
There is no speculation Putin will attack civilians, this is his only reaction to Ukraine military action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 10-08-22, 11:15 AM   #7147
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
This is a photo of that bridge.

You can see that there are two bridges, on eh right for the railtrack, on the left for car traffic. The car bridge has two lanes, one for each direction. The photo of the collapse dbridge however shows only one car lane having dropped into the water, the other seems to be intact, at least on that photo.

There could however invisible damage to the structure of the remaining lane, of course, we do not know. Also, we do not know whether trains still could roll on the rail bridge.

If possible, a follow on strike might be the way to go. Preferrably on the same location where the structure already must be weakened. Easier said than done, probaaly, else they would not have struck via sabotage-truck bomb, but missile or air strike earlier in the war.
The damage to the rail track is the most important Russian army rely on rail supply and via rail you can send bigger volumes quickly near fronts.

Quote:
Old 10-08-22, 12:03 PM   #7148
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
There is no speculation Putin will attack civilians, this is his only reaction to Ukraine military action.

That's the only thing " putrid " and his forces are capable of. Killing unarmed citizens.

@ Reece's term.
Old 10-08-22, 12:10 PM   #7149
Dargo
Admiral

The bridge across the Kerch Strait, from Russia to Crimea rendered inoperative by an explosion, has all the indications of a special operation, carried out by a small group of well-trained commandos. How exactly, we don't know, but you can see the effect: part of the bridge collapsed, this was not a small explosion. So you have to be able to deal with large charges of explosives. That alone points to a commando operation. Doing something like that when the Russians know that the bridge is a possible target, that takes skill. This bridge is one of the critical points in Russia's supply lines to Crimea and Kherson. If you can block or damage it, it has a big effect.

At least, it makes the Russians dependent for their logistics on other routes, which pass through occupied territory in southern Ukraine and are therefore also vulnerable. This is a deliberate Ukrainian campaign to attack supply lines deep into Russian territory. Logistics are expensive and vulnerable, Russian forces in Ukraine need a lot, hundreds of thousands of gallons of fuel per day alone. Plus food, supplies and spare parts. Russia has multiple routes to deliver everything, but this is an important one. Thus, Ukraine is making the Russians wingless. In Russia, there is increasing open criticism of the General Staff and the Defense Ministry. Even now, bloggers and propagandists on television are already calling for further escalation of fighting in Ukraine, with heavier weapons. They are using this attack to underscore their point. I have yet to see what comes of that. It could be that the Russians will attack targets that have strategic or symbolic value to the Ukrainians.

Quote:
Old 10-08-22, 12:17 PM   #7150
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:

I can't find it here in our thread-'cause some of you wrote that an attack on Crimea or Kerth bridge would most likely be retaliated with nukes.

Again I hope that this person is wrong and you are correct they will use conventional weapons against civilians.

Markus

Old 10-08-22, 12:40 PM   #7151
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
I can't find it here in our thread-'cause some of you wrote that an attack on Crimea or Kerth bridge would most likely be retaliated with nukes.

Again I hope that this person is wrong and you are correct they will use conventional weapons against civilians.

Markus
I wrote that there were already big attacks in Crimea and also in Russia itself in regard with the nuclear blackmail by Putin. Putin does not need an excuse for using nukes because Ukraine already attacked Russia in the past.

Quote:
Old 10-08-22, 12:47 PM   #7152
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
I wrote that there were already big attacks in Crimea and also in Russia itself in regard with the nuclear blackmail by Putin. Putin does not need an excuse for using nukes because Ukraine already attacked Russia in the past.

I came to think of Poker-Where one player pay to see the other players hand-Can't remember what they call it. Sooner or later Putin has to show his hands of card.

Markus

Old 10-08-22, 01:12 PM   #7153
Dargo
Admiral

Kerch Bridge on fire!
Your defence is terrified, na na na na na na https://twitter.com/saintjavelin/sta...28315044892672

Upgrade LOL https://twitter.com/Fella_IA_X25/sta...35978847825920

Quote:
Old 10-08-22, 01:23 PM   #7154
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

I have a few fb-friends who is more or less pro-Putin supporter.

I haven't heard or read anything from them today...Usually they always have an excuse Haven't seen any of this today.

Markus

Old 10-08-22, 01:30 PM   #7155
Skybird
Soaring

Crimea bridge "reopened". One of the car traffic lanes, apparently.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...its-fuel-train

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-w...osion-12715241

Whatever struck the bridge earlier - more of that, please!