SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-09-24, 04:49 PM   #1
KingOfNothing22
Nub

Downloads: 171
Uploads: 0
Support Issues with hiding my sub icon

Hi all!

I stumbled on a couple of threads earlier about real navigation in SH3 (or as close as you can get to it at least) and I thought it might be a little extra challenge to play without my sub icon constantly visible on the nav map. I downloaded HideMySub v1.2 (OLC compatible) and found I still had an overlay on my position showing a compass (which came with LSH 3 2022). After some digging I found those were listed in the folders for each submarine, so I replaced all those as well. It got rid of the normal icon and the compass overlay but alas, I'm still having issues. I still get a really small icon on my boat's position unless I zoom right in on the map. I've gone through hundreds of .tga files at this point and can't see anything resembling that icon so I'm stumped. I've had another browse of the forums but can't see any other threads with this specific issue.

Does anybody know where else I might find this icon or whether I can edit a cfg file to get rid of it?

I've also included my mod list in case any of those are the likely culprits. A screenshot of the map with the icon is here.

Thank you!
KingOfNothing22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-24, 09:18 AM   #2
KingOfNothing22
Nub

Downloads: 171
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfNothing22 View Post
Hi all!

I stumbled on a couple of threads earlier about real navigation in SH3 (or as close as you can get to it at least) and I thought it might be a little extra challenge to play without my sub icon constantly visible on the nav map. I downloaded HideMySub v1.2 (OLC compatible) and found I still had an overlay on my position showing a compass (which came with LSH 3 2022). After some digging I found those were listed in the folders for each submarine, so I replaced all those as well. It got rid of the normal icon and the compass overlay but alas, I'm still having issues. I still get a really small icon on my boat's position unless I zoom right in on the map. I've gone through hundreds of .tga files at this point and can't see anything resembling that icon so I'm stumped. I've had another browse of the forums but can't see any other threads with this specific issue.

Does anybody know where else I might find this icon or whether I can edit a cfg file to get rid of it?

I've also included my mod list in case any of those are the likely culprits. A screenshot of the map with the icon is here.

Thank you!

Nvm I'm an idiot I forgot to make the tga file for the map contact lines blank as well, all working now!
KingOfNothing22 is offline   Reply With Quote