SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-12-23, 02:13 PM   #5356
Bernardi
Watch

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Notice this Steam page is "Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific"
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...f_the_Pacific/

That would be version 1.3, while this Steam page is "Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific U-Boat Missions"
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...Boat_Missions/

and that would be version 1.5, as an "upgrade" for the v1.3 package. Note that under the title, the Steam page says "This is an expansion for Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific and requires the Steam version of the original game to play." So you do need both versions from Steam.

When put altogether in a single package though, as in this Ubisoft store page
https://store.ubisoft.com/us/game/?l...&source=detail

While it says "Gold Edition", it is version 1.5 also.

Why Steam does theirs that way is beyond my comprehension... If their v1.3 could be updated to the Ubisoft v1.4 download, then maybe it would be useful, but it cannot. The only way to update the Steam v1.3 is to use the Steam v1.5 U-Boat Missions purchase...
Yes very weird, i think i will end up just buying the Ubisoft store one.

Maybe on a sale i can get both packeges on Steam for the price of the Ubisoft one but then that's for me to decide. Thanks for the help.
Bernardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-23, 03:23 PM   #5357
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

It shouldn't be long, and one or both of them will have their "summer game sale" or some such, and they have priced the games as low as $2.50US, but usually like $3.99

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-23, 06:16 AM   #5358
Wolfcat
Chief

Downloads: 27

I have a previous version of FOTRS installed. Any instructions on how to uninstalled the old one and install the most recent update?
Wolfcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-23, 01:12 PM   #5359
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcat View Post
I have a previous version of FOTRS installed. Any instructions on how to uninstalled the old one and install the most recent update?
You should start with the instructions on Page One of this Thread. It's all there.

Good luck!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-23, 03:36 PM   #5360
propbeanie

Quote:
If you still have a copy of the Stock game on your computer, you can copy and paste that folder into another new folder and use that. Do not have the game in a Program Files folder, which as torpedobait says, is all in the first post on the first page of this thread, or on the download page, or can be found in detail in the mod's Support folder. You basically should start with a "fresh" copy of the game, because as good of an app as JSGME is, you cannot guarantee that the game folder is "clean" after de-activating a mod, since there are too many factors that can play a part in ruining that. If you used JSGME to activate FOTRS, then you can use JSGME to deactivate it also, but be aware that it might not completely restore your game files. Also, pay attention to the requirements for the FotRSU mod, in that you must be running v1.5 of SH4, aka: Gold Edition, aka: U-Boat Missions Add-On on v1.4 of the game (very rare these days). FOTRS v2.x ran on the SH4v1.4 while FOTRS v1.2 & .3 ran on SH4v1.5 (Gold Edition). It is also best to be using a 64-bit version of a Windows OS, since you really do need to use a Large Address Aware type program to open more Windows memory to the 32-bit SH4.exe file.

Old 04-16-23, 03:43 PM   #5361
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
You should start with the instructions on Page One of this Thread. It's all there.

Good luck!
do mean to say that you read the Page One instructions?!?!?!?

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-23, 11:43 AM   #5362
Wolfcat
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
If you still have a copy of the Stock game on your computer, you can copy and paste that folder into another new folder and use that. Do not have the game in a Program Files folder, which as torpedobait says, is all in the first post on the first page of this thread, or on the download page, or can be found in detail in the mod's Support folder. You basically should start with a "fresh" copy of the game, because as good of an app as JSGME is, you cannot guarantee that the game folder is "clean" after de-activating a mod, since there are too many factors that can play a part in ruining that. If you used JSGME to activate FOTRS, then you can use JSGME to deactivate it also, but be aware that it might not completely restore your game files. Also, pay attention to the requirements for the FotRSU mod, in that you must be running v1.5 of SH4, aka: Gold Edition, aka: U-Boat Missions Add-On on v1.4 of the game (very rare these days). FOTRS v2.x ran on the SH4v1.4 while FOTRS v1.2 & .3 ran on SH4v1.5 (Gold Edition). It is also best to be using a 64-bit version of a Windows OS, since you really do need to use a Large Address Aware type program to open more Windows memory to the 32-bit SH4.exe file.
Thanks a lot for the tips. However, I can't download the 101 quickfix for FOTRSU. I was able to download everything except that. When I click on the link, it says it's restricted to officers of this forum...
Old 04-17-23, 02:48 PM   #5363
propbeanie

If you used the link 101_FotRSUv18_FixPak.7z, then you may have exceeded your download authorization for the day. Try again in a few hours, or perhaps tomorrow. That add-on is not needed for the base mod, but does fix a few issues. I am not certain how Onkel Neal works the download bandwidth anymore, but the FotRSU mod is rather large, at almost 2gig in size.

The AddInModzPak_18.7z does add some options to the game, as does the other mods on the first page with vickers03's Fleetboat_Interior: Officers Quarters, and s7rikeback's Nippon Maru and Nihon Kaigun add-in mods. Those, for the most part, are the only "sanctioned" mods for FotRSU, though jimimadrids new stuff should work with some care. Just be certain that you start with a fresh SH4 install, outside of a Program Files folder, that you use a LAA-type applet on the SH4.exe, and that you have either emptied the game's Save folder, or created a new one with MultiSH4v1.5, which is also included in the FotRSU mod, along with JSGME in the "Extras" folder. You will have to pay attention to the details in the instructions in each of the add-ins and packages. Let us know how it goes!

Old 04-18-23, 11:31 AM   #5364
Wolfcat
Chief

@propbeanie The installation instructions on the 1st page are a bit confusing. So once I have the clean install of the stock game, then:
1. create a "MODS" folder in the game's root directory
2. Drop each mod into the "MODS" folder: the main FOTRSU mod, hotfix, AddinModz, Nippon Maru etc
3. Run JSGME to enable each one of them

Is this the correct procedure? Is there any particular order that these items should be activated?

There shouldn't be unzip and overwrite the files in the folders, right?
Old 04-18-23, 02:58 PM   #5365
propbeanie

Yes, all the mods downloaded go into the MODS folder. You can use 7-zip to "Unzip here", and you should not get extra folders when doing that. If you use the Windows archive utility, it will create a same-named folder as the mod, and then you'll have to get rid of the upper folder. You want to end up with mods that are set-up with folders of "ModName \Data" (and all of the other folders), not a "ModName \ModName \Data" set-up.

Activate the "100_FalloftheRisingSunUltimate..." mod first, then any patches, which in this case is "101_FotRSUv18_FixPak". You will get an overwrite warning with both, and yes, you do want them to overwrite files. I would advocate doing "Nippon_Maru v1.9b, then Nihon Kaigun v1.3a. If you do both of those mods, then add the "Combined Roster" mod that they will both add to the MODS folder for you. If you do not use both of those mods, do NOT use the Combined Roster Mod. If you use the Fleetboat Interiors - Officer's Quarters, do that next. When you "activate" the Add-in Modz Pak, that will copy a folder into the Extras folder under the game folder. You have to navigate inside that folder, and down into "AddInModzPak_v18" from there, and then choose the Add-In Modz that you want to use, by copying and pasting those into the MODS folder yourself. Note the numbering of those mods, in that you can only use one of each similarly numbered mod, such as only one of the 399 mods can be used. There are combinations of some of those mods. That way, you won't overwrite one mod with another, and get something you do not expect. If you use the Add-in Modz 451_TMOstyle_NavMapDots mod, then you'll want to add the same 451_ mods from s7rikeback's mods for the same "Dots" for ship designators on the NavMap.

There are pdf files in the Support folder of the mod, and you should be able to find even more detail than the confusion of the first page here. There is quite a lot involved in getting an old DirectX v9.0c game running properly in the 'modern' Windows OS. The more detail you can absorb, the better your gaming experience and the lower the frustration... - any issues, just ask questions!

Old 04-18-23, 03:51 PM   #5366
Wolfcat
Chief

@propbeanie thanks for the detailed instructions. Just one more clarification on "AddInModzPak". So I need to:

1. Activate the main "AddInModzPak" through JSGME first
2. Then find the specific addin mod that I want out from /Extras/AddInModzPak_v18/ and drag it out into the main "MODS" folder

Is my understanding correct?
Old 04-18-23, 05:33 PM   #5367
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
do mean to say that you read the Page One instructions?!?!?!?
Oh, Yah Shur Yu Betcha, By golly!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-23, 09:01 PM   #5368
Wolfcat
Chief

It says FOTRSU v1.7. Did I do something wrong? Isn't this supposed to be v1.8?
Old 04-18-23, 11:40 PM   #5369
propbeanie

Finally!!! You have discovered another of FotRSU's many Easter Eggs!!!

Well... actually, no... it's a "bug" of sorts. If you downloaded v1.8 of the mod, and then added some of the AddInModzPak splash screens, some of those do indeed have v1.7 instead of v1.8... The "assembler" (ahem) grabbed an incorrect set of files for those...

Quote:
@propbeanie thanks for the detailed instructions. Just one more clarification on "AddInModzPak". So I need to:

1. Activate the main "AddInModzPak" through JSGME first
2. Then find the specific addin mod that I want out from /Extras/AddInModzPak_v18/ and drag it out into the main "MODS" folder

Is my understanding correct?
Yes, that is correct. You could also just drill into the folder structure after unzipping, and drag them directly into the MODS folder...

Old 04-19-23, 06:53 AM   #5370
Wolfcat
Chief

@propbeanie So what can I do to fix this problem? Or it doesn't really matter. Btw, I have the following Additional mods activated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (58.5 KB, 7 views)