SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-06-22, 01:42 PM   #5056
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810
Uploads: 0

Don't be so dark guys a tornado and so fast is coming
... Greetings friends is to the team cordially Kal Maximus

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 10-06-22 at 01:55 PM.
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-22, 01:25 PM   #5057
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
[REL] EAX sound simulation

Rubinis 3D Clouds SH4

You can't blink around here when it comes to vickers03 and modding... You missed the Christmas in July FOA (Flurry of Activity)... lol
Thanks much!!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-22, 05:55 PM   #5058
booster45
Nub

Downloads: 23
Default Issue with Free Camera

Hello,
hope you are well.
I'm having some issues with activating the free camera in FOTRSU.
I'm currently using FOTRSU v1.8, FOTRSU v1.8 sub skins in 4k, and Nippon Maru v1.9.
Wondered if anyone had any suggestions on how I could solve this, or if it's a known issue.
EDIT: I've done some more experimenting, and it seems that the issue for me is when I'm in a Fleet sub career, on normal, hard or realistic mode. It works fine on easy.
Very weird...

Last edited by booster45; 10-07-22 at 06:08 PM.
booster45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-22, 06:27 PM   #5059
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
Thanks much!!

You're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster45 View Post
Hello,
hope you are well.
I'm having some issues with activating the free camera in FOTRSU.
I'm currently using FOTRSU v1.8, FOTRSU v1.8 sub skins in 4k, and Nippon Maru v1.9.
Wondered if anyone had any suggestions on how I could solve this, or if it's a known issue.
EDIT: I've done some more experimenting, and it seems that the issue for me is when I'm in a Fleet sub career, on normal, hard or realistic mode. It works fine on easy.
Very weird...
You are probably dealing with the game's Options settings. When the game first starts, clicking on the "Options" menu item, and then "Gameplay Settings", you get the one set of options for the Single Missions, War Patrols, and other such aspects of the game. When you do a career though, there is a 2nd set of such options. In the US career, when you first enter the office with the map on the wall, there is a radio console on the file cabinets to your left. Click on that radio console, and you will get a set of options to use for that particular career. If you run 3 different careers concurrently, they can each have a different settings, and the Main menu settings stay the same. If you do the German career instead, click on the 4 drawer file cabinet by the exit door to get to the options. If that doesn't do the trick, let us know!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-22, 07:01 PM   #5060
booster45
Nub

Downloads: 23

Quote:
You're welcome!

You are probably dealing with the game's Options settings. When the game first starts, clicking on the "Options" menu item, and then "Gameplay Settings", you get the one set of options for the Single Missions, War Patrols, and other such aspects of the game. When you do a career though, there is a 2nd set of such options. In the US career, when you first enter the office with the map on the wall, there is a radio console on the file cabinets to your left. Click on that radio console, and you will get a set of options to use for that particular career. If you run 3 different careers concurrently, they can each have a different settings, and the Main menu settings stay the same. If you do the German career instead, click on the 4 drawer file cabinet by the exit door to get to the options. If that doesn't do the trick, let us know!
Ah! Thanks so much forgot about that.
All the best to you
booster45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-22, 10:10 PM   #5061
propbeanie

Have fun with it!

Old 10-08-22, 07:30 PM   #5062
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211

Default @FOTRSU Team: Double angle scale in binos issue

@FOTRSU Team:

I discovered the guilty of the double angle scale in binos. After several tests with and without addin mods, the problem is in:

452_TMOstyle_NavMapShipMarks

Something in this addin (I suspect the included bearing.dds file), is causing the issue.

With this list:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[E:\SH4\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.8
101_FotRSUv18_FixPak
DarkerNightsEnv_V2
RUBINI_CLOUDS_SH4
Nippon_Maru_v1.9_FotRSU
Nihon Kaigun v1.2_FotRSU
Combined Roster
Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.7_EN
FI-OQ_FotRSU_v1.8f_upcPatch
304_NoJapaneseAirRadar
650_MoreDudz
801_UMark Invisible
803_NoPlayerSubFlags
851_Red_FotRSU_Logo
856_Col_FotRSU_Museum
399_NoScrollNavMap
399_OAKsHudGauges
450_MoonlightzSonarLines
451_TMOstyle_NavMapDots
451a_TMOstyle_NavMapDots_Nippon_Maru
451b_TMOstyle_NavMapDots_Nihon_Kaigun

I have the problem.

Disengaging the mod:

101_FotRSUv18_FixPak
DarkerNightsEnv_V2
RUBINI_CLOUDS_SH4
Nippon_Maru_v1.9_FotRSU
Nihon Kaigun v1.2_FotRSU
Combined Roster
304_NoJapaneseAirRadar
650_MoreDudz
801_UMark Invisible
803_NoPlayerSubFlags
851_Red_FotRSU_Logo
856_Col_FotRSU_Museum
399_NoScrollNavMap
399_OAKsHudGauges
450_MoonlightzSonarLines
451_TMOstyle_NavMapDots

All is OK in the binoculars.

With this list I have the problem:

101_FotRSUv18_FixPak
DarkerNightsEnv_V2
RUBINI_CLOUDS_SH4
Nippon_Maru_v1.9_FotRSU
Nihon Kaigun v1.2_FotRSU
Combined Roster
304_NoJapaneseAirRadar
650_MoreDudz
801_UMark Invisible
803_NoPlayerSubFlags
851_Red_FotRSU_Logo
856_Col_FotRSU_Museum
399_NoScrollNavMap
399_OAKsHudGauges
450_MoonlightzSonarLines

So, that addin needs some correction.

My actual complete list, without the addin, working very fine:

101_FotRSUv18_FixPak
DarkerNightsEnv_V2
RUBINI_CLOUDS_SH4
Nippon_Maru_v1.9_FotRSU
Nihon Kaigun v1.2_FotRSU
Combined Roster
304_NoJapaneseAirRadar
650_MoreDudz
801_UMark Invisible
803_NoPlayerSubFlags
851_Red_FotRSU_Logo
856_Col_FotRSU_Museum
399_NoScrollNavMap
399_OAKsHudGauges
450_MoonlightzSonarLines
451_TMOstyle_NavMapDots
901_Strategic_Map_Symbols
Realistic Floor Tiles for Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarter
FOTRSU_1.8_SUB_SKINS_IN_4k
EAX_SoundSim_FOTRSU_1.8
New Sounds for Fleetboat_Interior-Officer Quarters mod
SMALLER SEABED ROCKS
SMALLER SEA PLANTS MEDIUM
sobers better rock Ver 2 mod
sobers better sand II

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.

Last edited by fitzcarraldo; 10-08-22 at 07:42 PM.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-22, 12:24 PM   #5063
propbeanie

Ah-HAA!!!! I was using the wrong mod when doing my hunt... I was loading the 451_TMOstyle_NavMapDots, not the 452 or 453 mods... That "Bearing.dds" file should not be in either of those... I wonder what it is left-over from?... We shall banish that file from the Add-In Modz Pak... Thank you for finding that fitzcarraldo.

Old 10-09-22, 04:20 PM   #5064
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Default FoTrS correct...

no more problem for now
I have 2 installations:
_A class S-18
_My list
[MODS]
100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.8=1
101_FotRSUv18_FixPak=2
305_LessJapaneseAirRadar=3
450_MoonlightzSonarLines=4
650_MoreDudz=5
801_UMark Invisible=6
803_NoPlayerSubFlags=7
901_Strategic_Map_Symbols=8
Nihon Kaigun v1.2_FotRSU=9
Nippon_Maru_v1.9_FotRSU=10
Combined Roster=11
451_TMOstyle_NavMapDots=12
451a_TMOstyle_NavMapDots_Nippon_Maru=13
451b_TMOstyle_NavMapDots_Nihon_Kaigun=14
Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.7_EN=15
FOTRSU_1.8_SUB_SKINS_IN_4k=16
EAX_SoundSim_FOTRSU_1.8=17
DarkerNightsEnv_V2=18
RUBINI_CLOUDS_SH4=19
FI-OQ_FotRSU_v1.8f_upcPatch=20
805_CWC_FIOQv18=21

_Un class Gar SS208 Grayback
_My list
[MODS]
100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.8=1
101_FotRSUv18_FixPak=2
Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.7_EN=3
FOTRSU_1.8_SUB_SKINS_IN_4k=4
FI-OQ_FotRSU_v1.8f_upcPatch=5
Nippon_Maru_v1.9_FotRSU=6
Nihon Kaigun v1.2_FotRSU=7
Combined Roster=8
DarkerNightsEnv_V2=9
RUBINI_CLOUDS_SH4=10
EAX_SoundSim_FOTRSU_1.8=11
305_LessJapaneseAirRadar=12
450_MoonlightzSonarLines=13
650_MoreDudz=14
801_UMark Invisible=15
803_NoPlayerSubFlags=16
901_Strategic_Map_Symbols=17
451_TMOstyle_NavMapDots=18
451a_TMOstyle_NavMapDots_Nippon_Maru=19
451b_TMOstyle_NavMapDots_Nihon_Kaigun=20
805_CWC_FIOQv18=21
BATTLEFLAG_WARDROOM_GRAYBACK_SS-208=22
BATTLEFLAG_CONNING_GRAYBACK_SS-208=23

I Works Fine

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 10-09-22 at 05:06 PM.
Old 10-10-22, 01:58 PM   #5065
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Default DarkerNightsEnv_V2

Hey Boss
I think this mod is very good it brings more realism to your work.. we are almost in "TmO" of BH...
suggestion why not put it in Add InMods Packs.. for the purrists the night considerably increases the close attacks as in reality when do you think Beanie ???
Come on, I'll let you think about it.
Kal Maximus U669 greetings to the team...
Old 10-11-22, 02:42 AM   #5066
Brzydki
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 8
Default Game loading error

Hi everyone. I have a problem that I cannot deal with and it is also hard for me to find. After installing the game, installing mods, the game starts correctly and you can start any mission or campania us. The problem was revealed after a week of use. After saving the game, when I returned to the game the next day when loading the save, the game crashes, it completely crashes into windows. I didn't make any changes to the game state or update the viewer. MOD Version 1.8 of Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate
Brzydki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-22, 11:10 AM   #5067
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
Hey Boss
I think this mod is very good it brings more realism to your work.. we are almost in "TmO" of BH...
suggestion why not put it in Add InMods Packs.. for the purrists the night considerably increases the close attacks as in reality when do you think Beanie ???
Come on, I'll let you think about it.
Kal Maximus U669 greetings to the team...
If such would not ruin the daylight, or bad weather aspect of the game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brzydki View Post
Hi everyone. I have a problem that I cannot deal with and it is also hard for me to find. After installing the game, installing mods, the game starts correctly and you can start any mission or campania us. The problem was revealed after a week of use. After saving the game, when I returned to the game the next day when loading the save, the game crashes, it completely crashes into windows. I didn't make any changes to the game state or update the viewer. MOD Version 1.8 of Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate
First things to look at would be what folder do you have the game installed in? The "default" that the game uses is "C:\Program Files (x86)...", so let us know what you have for that please.

Second would be did you empty the Save folder prior to starting the SH4 game? If you did not, then the mod most likely did not properly activate. Do you get the proper FotRSU v1.8 splash screen as SH4 launches? You should see a submarine surfacing, as in my signature below and to the left, along with the FotRSU logo.

Third would be, are you certain you have either Large Address Aware or the 4Gig Patch properly enabled on the SH4.exe file? With LAA, run the app again, choose the SH4.exe file, and see if it shows enabled, either in the Intermediate or Advanced list, or with a checkmark in the Basic configuration of the app. With the 4Gig Patch, you have to pay attention to the message that shows in the dialog box after you attempt to activate it on SH4.exe.

If you have issues with the first two, then you might need to back off the mod, and either re-install the game and / or delete the Save folder data and then try to re-activate and run SH4 again. There are of course, other causes that can cause issues, such as a Windows Update may have re-set your User Settings, as seems to happen on my computer all too often, so check the Properties for the SH4.exe file, and make certain you have things good to go there.

Lastly (in my brain right now) is did you happen to change the mod configuration you had when the game was running previously? Some mods cannot be added or removed during a career without causing issues. When you post back, have the JSGME mod list ready to post. You get that by running the JSGME.exe file in the game folder, choosing "Tasks..." in the middle gutter, then "Export activated mods list to -->" at the bottom of that list, chose "Clipboard", and the list will then be in your Windows Clipboard. When you Reply here, use the <Ctrl><V> key combination to "paste" the clipboard into your post. Someone can give you better help after that.

Old 10-12-22, 06:50 AM   #5068
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
If such would not ruin the daylight, or bad weather aspect of the game...

Lastly (in my brain right now) is did you happen to change the mod configuration you had when the game was running previously? Some mods cannot be added or removed during a career without causing issues. When you post back, have the JSGME mod list ready to post. You get that by running the JSGME.exe file in the game folder, choosing "Tasks..." in the middle gutter, then "Export activated mods list to -->" at the bottom of that list, chose "Clipboard", and the list will then be in your Windows Clipboard. When you Reply here, use the <Ctrl><V> key combination to "paste" the clipboard into your post. Someone can give you better help after that.
Another possibility I have run into is that some automatic Windows updates may have changed something to make the Save game incompatible. I can't point to a specific instance, but I have encountered situations where I've had to delete all in-patrol Saves clear back to the departure from the Office, in essence wiping out all progress on the patrol.

Like I said, this is purely anecdotal, but it does seem that some changes to the operating environment on a computer can mess with the Save games. Just sayin'.

Old 10-12-22, 07:04 AM   #5069
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Default Possible Transfer Issue

I have been running a career from Brisbane after being transferred there in early 1942. While there I eventually upgraded to Gato and subsequently turned down the upgrade to Balao that caused a previously discussed issue.

The current issue is strange, but minor. On Nov. 13, 1943 Gato docked in Brisbane after another successful patrol. On Nov 14, 1943 I requested a transfer to NAB Milne Bay to save travel time, which was Approved. However, upon leaving for the next patrol, the base had changed to Pearl Harbor instead of NAB Milne Bay. What I mean is, we sailed from Pearl Harbor instead of Milne Bay, and Pearl Harbor was the designated home port based on the tilted anchor symbol.

I completed the assignment per orders, returned to Pearl Harbor to dock on January 18, 1944, and then once in the Office again requested a transfer to NAB Milne Bay. Again the transfer was approved, but this time when I sailed for the next patrol on February 5, 1944 the sail-from point was indeed NAB Milne Bay, which was now shown on the map as our Home Port.

There may some small file glitch with the late 1943 transfer from Brisbane to NAB Milne Bay that sends one to Pearl Harbor instead. Going from PH to NAB Milne Bay worked.

Thanks.

Old 10-12-22, 01:25 PM   #5070
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
I have been running a career from Brisbane after being transferred there in early 1942. While there I eventually upgraded to Gato and subsequently turned down the upgrade to Balao that caused a previously discussed issue.

The current issue is strange, but minor. On Nov. 13, 1943 Gato docked in Brisbane after another successful patrol. On Nov 14, 1943 I requested a transfer to NAB Milne Bay to save travel time, which was Approved. However, upon leaving for the next patrol, the base had changed to Pearl Harbor instead of NAB Milne Bay. What I mean is, we sailed from Pearl Harbor instead of Milne Bay, and Pearl Harbor was the designated home port based on the tilted anchor symbol.

I completed the assignment per orders, returned to Pearl Harbor to dock on January 18, 1944, and then once in the Office again requested a transfer to NAB Milne Bay. Again the transfer was approved, but this time when I sailed for the next patrol on February 5, 1944 the sail-from point was indeed NAB Milne Bay, which was now shown on the map as our Home Port.

There may some small file glitch with the late 1943 transfer from Brisbane to NAB Milne Bay that sends one to Pearl Harbor instead. Going from PH to NAB Milne Bay worked.

Thanks.
Possible reason can be found in the Flotillas file:
Pearl
[Flotilla 1.UserPlayerUnitType 4]
ID= F1Gato
NameDisplayable= Gato Class
AvailabilityInterval= 1942-04-15, NULL
IDLinkUserPlayerUnitType= Gato
UnitTypeCommonality= 1
IDFlotillaLinkTransferTo= NULL

Brisbane
[Flotilla 3.UserPlayerUnitType 5]
ID= F3Gato
NameDisplayable= Gato class
AvailabilityInterval= 1942-10-21, 1943-11-17
UnitTypeCommonality= 6
IDFlotillaLinkTransferTo= MilneBayCommand

MilneBay
[Flotilla 9.UserPlayerUnitType 5]
ID= F9Gato
NameDisplayable= Gato class
AvailabilityInterval= 1943-10-22, 1944-05-15
UnitTypeCommonality= 11
IDFlotillaLinkTransferTo= ManusIslandCommand
Since the auto-transfer at Brisbane was going to take effect before your next patrol start, your sending yourself there 3 days early on 1943-11-14 probably "confused" the 'logic' in the game, so it "defaulted" to the first active listing of Pearl, and there you landed... There is a pdf of a spreadsheet in the Support folder structure somewhere, but we'll have to update it, and try to make it more sensible looking... There are appropriate missions available at Milne, so that is my supposition. Digging further into it...