SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-29-24, 03:01 AM   #1
Captain Drastic
Sailor man

Downloads: 618
Uploads: 0
Default More ChatGPT generated nightclub

Maybe a little corny, but here is another nightclub story from my project of using ChatGPT to go to the nightclub before a patrol.

ChatGPT
Title: Shadows of the Abyss
OFFICER'S CLUB - ST. NAZAIRE U-BOAT BASE - MARCH 1942 - NIGHT

The officer's club is dimly lit, filled with the sounds of clinking glasses and subdued conversations. KptLt Heinz Bauer, a seasoned U-boat commander, sits at a corner table nursing a glass of schnapps. The room is filled with the heavy aroma of tobacco smoke, and a map of the Atlantic hangs on the wall, marked with the latest patrol routes.

Heinz gazes out the window, where the moon casts a shimmering reflection on the water. The sea breeze carries a hint of salt, a constant reminder of the dangerous world that lies beyond the U-boat pens.

HEINZ
(raising his glass)
To absent friends and fallen comrades.

The officers around the table nod solemnly, raising their glasses in unison.

OFFICER 1
May they find peace beneath the waves.

The atmosphere is heavy with the weight of loss as the officers take a moment to reflect on the friends they've lost in the unforgiving depths of the Atlantic.

HEINZ
(smiling sadly)
Werner was a good man. His courage was unmatched.

OFFICER 2
(looking down)
And Helmut, too. The sea claimed them both too soon.

The men fall into a contemplative silence, each lost in their own memories of the fallen. Heinz breaks the silence, trying to shift the mood.

HEINZ
Have you heard the latest news from the front? It seems the Allies are growing more cunning.

OFFICER 3
(scoffing)
Cunning, or desperate? They can't hide forever. Our U-boats are the wolves of the sea.

HEINZ
True, but the wolves must adapt to the changing landscape. The Allies are developing new technologies, and our losses have been felt.

OFFICER 1
(sipping his drink)
We adapt, Kapitan. We always have.

Heinz nods in agreement, acknowledging the resilience of the U-boat crews. The conversation shifts to the challenges they face in the ever-evolving battle beneath the waves.

As the night progresses, the officers share stories of survival, victories, and the relentless pursuit of their mission. The officer's club becomes a sanctuary where they find solace in each other's company, a brief respite from the harsh realities of war.

FADE OUT.
Captain Drastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-24, 11:11 AM   #2
Captain Drastic
Sailor man

Default One more thing

I guess I'm trying to see what AI can do for me while it's still a good mood- just sayin'...
Old 01-29-24, 12:54 PM   #3
Tabris
Gunner

Downloads: 171

have you also tried Character AI? It's generally less powerful than GPT but I've found it's better for conversational sorts of things. Neat idea, SH3Commander integration when?
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-24, 12:19 AM   #4
Captain Drastic
Sailor man

Default Correction to previous statement

...while AI is still in a good mood...

Going on from there, I've dabbled with COMMANDER integration, so I did a trial edit of the Nightclub_en file and it works by replacing the Greeting line with the entire AI text as one paragraph, which AI can do by setting the right parameters, using something like this-"create a conversation (using previous result) who each make statements among themselves as one paragraph". Here's a new conversation generated this way and integrated into the Nightclub:

Greeting=Welcome back %s! It's always good to see you! In the dimly lit officer's club at the St. Nazaire U-boat base in March 1942, KapitanLeutenant Heinz Bauer sat at a corner table, nursing a glass of schnapps, accompanied by four fellow U-boat officers: Oberleutnant Karl Muller, Leutnant Franz Becker, Oberleutnant Dieter Schmidt, and Leutnant Heinrich Wagner. Heinz, raising his glass somberly, initiated the conversation, "To absent friends and fallen comrades." Karl nodded, remarking, "May they find peace beneath the waves." Franz added, "Werner was a good man. His courage was unmatched." Dieter, sipping his drink, reflected, "And Helmut, too. The sea claimed them both too soon." Heinrich steered the discussion toward the war's current dynamics, stating, "It seems the Allies are getting bolder. Have you heard about the recent encounters in the North Atlantic?" Heinz acknowledged, "Aye, they're adapting, but so must we. The wolf must stay ahead of the pack." Karl chimed in, "Cunning, desperate—whatever they are, they can't escape the relentless pursuit of our U-boats." The conversation shifted as Franz raised an eyebrow, questioning, "But losses are taking their toll. How do we counter their increasing technology?" Heinz leaned forward, asserting, "We adapt, just as we always have. We need to anticipate their moves and strike where they least expect it." Dieter, grinning, contributed, "Like a phantom in the night." Heinrich raised his glass, concluding, "Here's to outsmarting the enemy and returning victorious from every patrol." Laughter and camaraderie ensued as the officers, in that dimly lit haven, shared stories of daring maneuvers, encounters with enemy ships, and their unwavering determination to face the unpredictable depths of the Atlantic together.

I think it's a better story done this way, maybe worth it under some circumstances, such as creating a permanent record of your nightclub activities. Anyway, that's all I can come up with as far as integration so far.

One more thing, sometimes I run a Youtube video by PatTornado that is a rendering of Das Boot using Silent Hunter graphics. It's spooky and fun at the same time. The nightclub scene is there for your Silent Hunter crew.

Last edited by Captain Drastic; 01-30-24 at 04:43 AM.