SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-25-10, 05:43 AM   #1
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18
Default [help] how do you get offered a new sub ?

Hi !

In the German campaign I have not been able to get offered a new sub, do any of you guy know how it works so that the player gets a new sub at a certain date ?

here's my problem : most IJN subs I made didn't last through the war, Captains often first got a RO class medium submarine, then moved on to bigger ones : Orita got RO 101, then I-177, then I-47 a C2 class sub. This I would like to reproduce in the IJN campaign, I know it works on the US side : if you get enough renown you get offered a new construction submarine.

I don't know how and if it works in the U-Boot Add-On. As our subs are based on the german boats they fall prey to what the devs intended for those..

If it doesn't work on the 'German' side of the game we may have to change the dates on the subs so they can play with whichever one they want. For example the Sen Taka will not be able to be played at all due to the date.

For now I have set things as historically accurate but I am not sure it is going to work that way, the game plus my limited knowledge of how to change things may make it impossible.

It doesn't do any good to have things historically accurate if they don't work right. That includes other stuff as well as the subs.

Can you help ?

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-10, 02:09 PM   #2
Captain Deckwash
Medic

Downloads: 356
Uploads: 0

I am interested here also, although I don't think that one gets to change subs on the German side. It appears that one gets the choice of a couple of different subs only, with separate campaigns. However, on the American side your sub is changed particularly if you get smashed up!

Captain Deckwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-10, 02:55 PM   #3
MaddogK
XO

Downloads: 15

I'd also like to know, but can understand if it's not possible.

Germans succeeded or died trying, if you're captured- you go to Gulag, if you make it home alive but trashed the boat- Gestapo shot you for incompetence.

MaddogK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-10, 03:51 PM   #4
Karle94
The Old Man

Downloads: 253

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltos01 View Post
Hi !

In the German campaign I have not been able to get offered a new sub, do any of you guy know how it works so that the player gets a new sub at a certain date ?

here's my problem : most IJN subs I made didn't last through the war, Captains often first got a RO class medium submarine, then moved on to bigger ones : Orita got RO 101, then I-177, then I-47 a C2 class sub. This I would like to reproduce in the IJN campaign, I know it works on the US side : if you get enough renown you get offered a new construction submarine.

I don't know how and if it works in the U-Boot Add-On. As our subs are based on the german boats they fall prey to what the devs intended for those..

If it doesn't work on the 'German' side of the game we may have to change the dates on the subs so they can play with whichever one they want. For example the Sen Taka will not be able to be played at all due to the date.

For now I have set things as historically accurate but I am not sure it is going to work that way, the game plus my limited knowledge of how to change things may make it impossible.

It doesn't do any good to have things historically accurate if they don't work right. That includes other stuff as well as the subs.

Can you help ?
Keltos ask Lurker what he did for Operation Monsoon. Maybe he got it to work or maybe he has advice on what to do.

Find my mods here:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/lzgciodldp58p/SH4_Mods
My SH4 blog here:
http://karle94.blogspot.com/
Karle94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-10, 04:26 PM   #5
MaddogK
XO

Downloads: 15

TY Sir, forcing me to actually READ Lurkers readme:
Quote:
7th (subs assigned Type VIIB / VIIC)
[Homeports: Kiel 1939-01-01 to 1940-09-15, St. Nazaire 1940-09-16 to1944-08-15 transfer to the 11th in Bergen]
From what I gather in the readme file, I started with the VIIB and don't get a new boat until Flotilla 7 is transferred to St. Nazaire 1940-09-16 (VIIC) and again in Bergen in 1944 (will get a VIIC or VIIC /41)
...if I live that long.

MaddogK is offline   Reply With Quote