SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-16, 12:18 PM   #1
Sir Mr Pirate
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Support Trying to install Silent Hunter 4 from an (kind of) old disc

Hello guys!
I recieved Silent Hunter 4 as a christmas gift six or maybe seven years ago and i was really fond of it from the start. Back in the day it was running on a completely different pc with Windows XP and apart from a feew bugs related to savegames and loading screens it was running pretty smoothly.

My new computer is 2 years old now if i'm not mistaken and i haven't installed Silent Hunter 4 yet and to be honest completely forgot about the game. Yesterday why sorting my discs i stumbled across the game and thought i'd start to play it once more.
Only problem is that none of my readers recognise the disc. i have 2 readers that ought to be able to read the dvd. When i insert the disc into any of the 2 slots they behave like it was empty. When i try to open the drive i am trying to use, it behaves as if i put in an empty disc. Also there is noise when trying to read them so the readers don't just flat out ignore them they seem to be unable to recognise the material on the dvd.
Im runnning Windows 7 by the way.
I tested it on my brother's pc and there is no problem there. He has Windows 7 as well. His disc reader is probably a little older than mine.

I registered here because my computer can read other discs so the phenomenon is only occuring with the SH4 disc and I couldn't find any solution for this on the web. I thoght you guys could know more about the matter.
I'dbe really glad if you could help me this problem really annoys me...
Sir Mr Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disc reading roblem, silent hunter 4