SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-29-10, 04:20 PM   #196
Capt Jack Harkness
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 1

Hmm, strange. I've noticed that in stock as well as some UI mods the scope is centered, and only with your mod does it show up on the right side. I do have an LCD running 1920x1200 if that factors in at all... But I also use your 8x5 patch.
Capt Jack Harkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-10, 01:16 AM   #197
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

Never did anything to change the placement, so I'm afraid it's not something I can help you with.

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-10, 01:26 AM   #198
Capt Jack Harkness
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 210

Mmmkay, just thought I'd ask.

EDIT: Found my problem, was using the TDW version without the TDW UI... Works perfect together! On a seperate note does anyone know where the stock markings (the ones that indicate zoom level on the left) are located? If you could replace them with this mask then you could possibly have an accurate scale in both high and low power, just like a first focal plane variable zoom rifle scope...

Last edited by Capt Jack Harkness; 05-01-10 at 01:31 AM.
Capt Jack Harkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-10, 04:16 AM   #199
severniae
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hi guys,

Will this mod still work in 1.2? Adds too many good features and I don't want to lose them to an update!!
Old 05-13-10, 05:57 AM   #200
Arclight
Navy Seal

Good question, one I won't have an answer to untill this weekend. I'll post an update on whether or not a re-download is required.

Old 05-13-10, 08:16 AM   #201
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Jack Harkness View Post
Mmmkay, just thought I'd ask.

EDIT: Found my problem, was using the TDW version without the TDW UI... Works perfect together! On a seperate note does anyone know where the stock markings (the ones that indicate zoom level on the left) are located? If you could replace them with this mask then you could possibly have an accurate scale in both high and low power, just like a first focal plane variable zoom rifle scope...

I'm afraid it doesn't work that way, zoom only affects the Cameras.cam file.
When the user zooms in via the mousewheel if only bring the camera close/further to the screen and changes the zoom value on screen which is just a Txt variable taken from the cameras.cam file.
The current method for is to import new Graticules is by editing the stock mask which is the black screen with the hole.
Now in my UI I have taken the graticule out of that Periscopewithhole Mask and created seperate Graticules for day and night to get the different looks.
Your idea while not done yet could be done if I could figure how to access the Zoom level variable.
Now you have me thinking, I will look into it see if it can be done.

Hi Arclight,once again thanks for the use of your Periscope Mod in my initial phase of creating the High resolution UI Mod.
I would never of gotten so far with the Periscope side of things without seeing how you created yours. I'm still using your 16.10 cameras.cam file you created, but am currently re-creating the other resolution by varying the Angular Distance to get the Ticks lined up with mast heights.
The 16:10 is fine as that was the Aspect ratio I created the Mod for (1080P), but the other cam patches would not work out - I think its becase I using Fixed Scaling instead of the stock No Constraints (Therefore Graticule is not scaling at different aspect ratios).
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-10, 05:18 AM   #202
Arclight
Navy Seal

Hope you get it worked out, but having the scaling like that might cause trouble with different resolutions... if I understand it correctly (probably not).

Confirmed compatible with SH5 1.2.

Old 05-15-10, 09:08 AM   #203
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102

So I don't really understand what the difference is between the Light version and the normal version.

Also, what is OPCF I read through your first post and didnt really understand.. Sorry to sound noobish
Old 05-15-10, 09:17 AM   #204
Arclight
Navy Seal

Yeah sorry, I toss that term around rather lightly, like everyone knows it.

OPCF is a smaller mod I did for SH4&5; stands for Observation Periscope Color Filter. It adds a colored layer to the mask, can help a bit in low-light conditions.

The idea is historically accurate, though the effect on gameplay isn't nescesarily.

The differences between light and dark versions should be obvious, as well as difference between with and without OPCF: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...80&postcount=2

Old 05-15-10, 09:33 AM   #205
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Ahh so basically the light version adds higher gamma I presume to give better light conditions (I assumed it was a 'light' version ie: less features)

Also, for the OPCF, can I install one when I leave for patrol and when I need the filter switch during patrol?

Also, are your aspect ratio patches compatible with TDWs UI Mod?
Old 05-15-10, 09:49 AM   #206
Arclight
Navy Seal

Nah, it's different versions; either you play with or without OPCF. Messed around a bit in the past to make it switchable, but couldn't quite get it right in SH4. Now in SH5 I could do it with the scripting, but then the mod becomes less usable due to incompatibility with other mods.

The brightness isn't about gamma, it's about opacity. To "simulate" light-loss, a partially transparent layer of black is added, making the image darker. The light version just has more transparent masks.

As far as I know the patches are compatible, but let me know if you get overwrite warning with his mod.

Old 05-15-10, 09:54 AM   #207
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Alright will do

So which of your mods keeps the 'stock' light settings

Also, upon enabling the MRP 1.3 (OPCF) I get these conflicts :

"Periscope_Mask_1024_SH5.dds" has already been altered by the "NewUIs_TDC_2_3_0_ByTheDarkWraith" mod.
"Periscope_Mask_1024_SH5_OBS.dds" has already been altered by the "NewUIs_TDC_2_3_0_ByTheDarkWraith" mod.
Old 05-15-10, 09:59 AM   #208
Arclight
Navy Seal

None, think even the light version is darker than the stock scopes. Periscopes actually blocked a lot of light, especially the attack scope, thanks to its smaller head. The dark version is my interpretation of "as close to real as possible".

Figured it might be a bit too dark for a lot of people, so I made another set that halves all the values, effectively making them twice as transparent as the dark version.

Old 05-15-10, 10:09 AM   #209
Arclight
Navy Seal

About the conflicts: not sure. I know TDW UI comes with Emtguf's scopes, either optional or standard, and a while back we agreed to include MRP with his mod as well. I have not looked at his latest version pack yet, and never played with his mod enabled (in fact haven't really played since I started modding), so maybe have a look in-game or ask in his thread which scopes are used by default. Might be something in the documentation, I honestly don't know how he went about it.

* should be alright though, only overwrites a bit of graphical stuff, which is just fine.

Old 05-15-10, 10:10 AM   #210
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauter View Post
Also, upon enabling the MRP 1.3 (OPCF) I get these conflicts :

"Periscope_Mask_1024_SH5.dds" has already been altered by the "NewUIs_TDC_2_3_0_ByTheDarkWraith" mod.
"Periscope_Mask_1024_SH5_OBS.dds" has already been altered by the "NewUIs_TDC_2_3_0_ByTheDarkWraith" mod.
That's fine and required. Basically it just changes the shape of the scopes.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
more realistic periscope, rmp