Closed Thread

Old 10-08-16, 12:06 AM   #3046
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torplexed View Post
...I love the way Trump references Bill Clinton in his response....
Last I checked Bill wasn't running for office so his point is what? This is like watching a kindergarten playground attack. What an idiot.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 10-08-16, 12:27 AM   #3047
Torplexed
Let's Sink Sumptin' !

Downloads: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Last I checked Bill wasn't running for office so his point is what? This is like watching a kindergarten playground attack. What an idiot.
Yeah, because we've had a Sex Addict-in-Chief in the past, a Crotch Grabber-in-Chief is okay. Seems like we should trying to up our game.

So how does the Republican Party try to play this? My guess is that party chairman Reince and some party bigwigs meet and quietly put the word out that if candidates downballot want to run away from Trump and condemn, they'll be given the blessing of the party to do so and face no recriminations.

And I would imagine that would be a tremendous blow for Trump's ground game, which was already relying heavily on the GOP faithful. Those field workers are going to be working for senators and congresscritters, not the Donald.

--Mobilis in Mobili--
Old 10-08-16, 03:01 AM   #3048
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

It's ok, the GOP have released some emails of the Dems so we can get back to attacking them.

Got to admit, those are some nasty looking emails too, but then that's the theme for this election isn't it?

EDIT: Also, Paul Ryan ditched Trump from his event in Wisconsin today. I doubt that'll change much.
Old 10-08-16, 05:24 AM   #3049
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Possible that that 10 year old video broke Trump his neck, or not?
Old 10-08-16, 07:11 AM   #3050
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Possible that that 10 year old video broke Trump his neck, or not?
Naaah, he'll muddle through it, to his supporters it's just more evidence that he's the non-PC president that America needs.
Old 10-08-16, 07:51 AM   #3051
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
So how does the Republican Party try to play this? My guess is that party chairman Reince and some party bigwigs meet and quietly put the word out that if candidates downballot want to run away from Trump and condemn, they'll be given the blessing of the party to do so and face no recriminations.
Oh they'll face recriminations all right. Every time President Clinton does something outrageous their own base will blame them for putting her in the oval office.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 10-08-16, 08:27 AM   #3052
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
relying heavily on the GOP faithful.
Support does seem to be drying up quicker than I envisaged, I'd still be surprised if he did stand down, since honestly doing that so close to the election would just basically hand Hillary the presidency, even if these damaging leaks seem to be doing that anyway.
Well...I guess the Republican voters put Trump there, ahead by a long way of all the others, so what is sown.

At the very least, should make tomorrow even more entertaining....or terrifying.
Old 10-08-16, 09:46 AM   #3053
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Meanwhile

Old 10-08-16, 10:34 AM   #3054
Torplexed
Let's Sink Sumptin' !

Now, Congresswoman Martha Roby and Senator Mike Crapo have withdrawn their endorsements for Trump. Even some Republicans in safe races are jumping ship now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
It's ok, the GOP have released some emails of the Dems so we can get back to attacking them.

Got to admit, those are some nasty looking emails too, but then that's the theme for this election isn't it?
And Shillary takes a hit. It's dueling October surprises. I'm used to the idea of an October surprise, but this month is starting to look like an advent calendar of them.

--Mobilis in Mobili--
Old 10-08-16, 10:41 AM   #3055
Skybird
Soaring

As they say: its not over until Dr. Strangelove rings.
Old 10-08-16, 11:10 AM   #3056
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
It's not over till the fat lady, in the red dress that waddled into the last debate, sings

I wonder how much this (11) year old audio/video tape cost the democratic party and how long ago did they obtain the tape
and such great timing right before this crucial 2nd debate?

It's all for nothing anyway unless Donald Trump can pull out a win Oct 9th Sunday night without dragging Bill's sex life into the fray.

It's getting harder to support Trump, especially after he blamed the US Border Patrol for planning on letting all of the illegals
come across the border next month just in time to vote. That's got to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 10-08-16, 11:17 AM   #3057
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:

Trump has apparently ruled out standing down in a call to the WaPo:

Quote:
“I’d never withdraw. I’ve never withdrawn in my life,” Trump told the paper in a phone call. “No, I’m not quitting this race. I have tremendous support.”
“People are calling and saying, ‘Don’t even think about doing anything else but running,” Trump went on to say when asked about party defections.
He also took the opportunity to have another dig at rival Hillary Clinton, saying she's made it easier for the party to stay behind him.
“It’s because she’s so bad. She’s so flawed as a candidate. Running against her, I can’t say it’d be the same if I ran against someone else, but running against her makes it a lot easier, that’s for sure.”
He has a point, the Republican party managed to take an open goal, line up the ball....and punt it backwards into their own goal from the other side of the pitch. This should have been easy for them, Hilary Clinton is one of Americas most hated leaders, even the Democrats don't really like her, it should have been a cakewalk...and what did the GOP do? It elected Donald Trump. That's not so much shooting yourself in the foot, it's shooting yourself in the foot with a Davy Crockett.
Old 10-08-16, 11:24 AM   #3058
Méo
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
to his supporters it's just more evidence that he's the non-PC president that America needs.
This may be intended as sarcasm...

But IMO that very sentence describe best how sad the whole thing is
Old 10-08-16, 11:25 AM   #3059
Skybird
Soaring

I bet a 10er that Trump is done. Means: one retard out of the race, the other retard moves on. Bet is valid with the first guy posting he bets against me.

He may chose to continue until the bitter end, but I dare to predict he will not win on election day. This was the one straw that broke the camel's back.

Clinton getting elected, the disappointment over that will not be forgotten - and it will seek payback in double volumes next time. I assume the next campaign in 2020 will become even nastier than this one.

It should not be and so I hope it cannot be that bad in America that Trump gets away with this. He must lose over this. If even not over this - over what then...?

Last edited by Skybird; 10-08-16 at 11:37 AM.
Old 10-08-16, 11:39 AM   #3060
Torplexed
Let's Sink Sumptin' !

Martha Robey, Alabama congresswoman and mainstream conservative has also rescinded her support for Trump.

Joe Heck, running for Senate in Nevada, also disavows.

The beat-down goes on.

--Mobilis in Mobili--
Closed Thread

Tags
clinton, cuba, doomed, election, marx, president, trump