SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-29-21, 07:46 PM   #4126
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Gotcha... thanks. Now, referring back to you list on the last page:

If you haven't already, pull numbers 6, 7, 11, 12, 14 - unless it's the new one, and 16, if you haven't already. Those are all of the AddIns in your list, that might cause trouble. s7rikeback may have found the issue with the periscope splash, and it is an old "problem", similar to the "red flare" that didn't shoot back when... the "splash" was something that was already in FotRSU, from the FOTRS days that was disable sometime when-ago when the links were broken, which is why they won't work now... so hopefully, it's just a matter of re-building the links. Similar with some of these other mods, where we have found bits and pieces (if you will) just hanging there, looking for a link to activate them properly... We are going into testing for the CWC (much more had to be re-done in it) and the periscope splash... We'll have a CWC for the Interiors also, but it might be a couple of days... It still doesn't change the fact though, MM, that something is broken on your install. You have what used to be called "cross-contamination" from something old in one of the other mods. It's just a question of "what"...
Hmmm.... Strange, as with the 1.73 (standard career set up... ) did a complete nuke & burn of the game saves folder & reran, fresh from jump street with the last posted mod mix list...

On the 1.73 (S class career mod set up... ) will admit, that I didn't do a wipe & burn... though did restart from the office before going out on patrol. So... possibility for "cross" contamination, could play into that 1, if I ran a cross test on the peri issue...

Though... note when I ran that series of tests with the peri's... that was ran with the (standard) set up, NOT the (S class career) set up... & that testing "was" done, "after" a slash & burn of the saves folder... just to be clear on that point.

Only difference between the 2 set ups, is... the (standard set) has the old FI:OQ mod, interspliced with the submarine folders injected into the OQ mod (where they needed to be...) & the (S class) has the updated OQ mod, from vickers... but... don't think that should make too much difference, I'd imagine though.

Am still gonna do a dump & burn of the saves folder on the (standard) set, back down the mods to the OQ 1... dump the old mod out & replace with the new updated version...

Will await on the rest until I hear back from y'all on the rest... & see what y'all figure out there.

M. M.
Old 12-29-21, 11:20 PM   #4127
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15 Re: v1.74A mix.. & subsequent testing...

Ok, after some.. consulting... (My thanks to them on their... insights, much appreciated) culled the list down to:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\SH-megamods\SH4-megamods\FotRS-U-EN v1.7\MODS]

001- 100_FotRS-U v1.7
001B- Nihon Kaigun v1.1
001C- Nippon Maru v1.6a
001D- N.MaruV1.6a-N.KaigunV1.1-combinedroster
EAX_SoundSim_FOTRSU_1.7
FI-OQ-FOTRSUv1.7-EN(patched)
New Sounds Interior-Officer Quarters mod
Enhanced Sounds for SH4
450_MoonlightzSonarLines
901_Strategic_Map_Symbols
Realistic Floor Tiles for Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarter
Smaller seaplants-small
Sober's Better Sand v2
Sober's better rocks v2
Sober's 3D waves mod
802_TMO_torp_tex_FotRSU
Splash_effect_DC_bombs_bullets_shells_1.0_for_FOTR SU
806_PeriscopeSplash
Improved gun tracers - torp damage mod
302_MoreDifficultAI001
650_LotsaDudz
FOTRS-U v1.7(only) Sub skins in 4k

Of special note: Save folder, was nuclear cleansed... upon activating the above mix... before rolling with a test run of the mix.... just, to be clear, on that point, thanks.

Booted up... then ran a nav map test run, using that as a test bed run, with the peri splash... as before, not understanding why, but.. for Me, it is working fine. am... baffled as to what is not working for others... as I nuke sanitized the game saves folder... up to the point of it not existing, until I ran this test of the current mix.

From what I observed... wake & such, is as reported before... just like when you're charging all out flank speed ahead, just... at a.... hmm 1/4 the effects level of the "All ahead flank" effects, from the sub body as it barrels full bore ahead.

Same end results... from what I can see of, the peri mod patch, released just a day or so ago... is working, as it did (the original peri wake splash mod, that is... here in regard to v1.46 & the preview, v1.6X) when it was done up for v1.46 & with the preview release v1.6X...

Same, as far as I can tell for the torp tex mod 802_TMO_torp_tex_FotRSU...

End report.

M. M.
Old 12-30-21, 09:48 AM   #4128
vickers03
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 705
Uploads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\SH-megamods\SH4-megamods\FotRS-U-EN v1.7\MODS]

001- 100_FotRS-U v1.7
001B- Nihon Kaigun v1.1
001C- Nippon Maru v1.6a
EAX_SoundSim_FOTRSU_1.7

New Sounds Interior-Officer Quarters mod
Enhanced Sounds for SH4

etc..

M. M.
please activate EAX after the interiors, otherwise it won't work.
vickers03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-21, 11:46 AM   #4129
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
001- 100_FotRS-U v1.7
001B- Nihon Kaigun v1.1
001C- Nippon Maru v1.6a
EAX_SoundSim_FOTRSU_1.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickers03 View Post
please activate EAX after the interiors, otherwise it won't work.

Noted... thanks on pointing that out, vickers.

M. M.
Old 12-30-21, 04:05 PM   #4130
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Default The FotRSUv17_Patches

OK - Let's try this:

FotRSUv17_Patches.7z

That has a few "fixes" in the Data folder for the FotRSU mod itself, including a "fix" of the Cavite / Darwin / Albany links. Also included in the Extras / AddInModzPak folder of the patch is another version of 802_TMO_torp_tex_FotRSU; a completely new 805_CWC_FIOQ, which is Cold Weather Clothes for Fleetboat Interiors Officer's Quarters, but only if you have that enabled; 805_CWC_FotRSU, the same thing but for FotRSU only, NOT FIOQ; and 806_PeriscopeSplash, which should function for those of you without cross-contamination. Notice that the CWC mods are numbered the same, so only one activated at a time. Activating the patch will apply the folders in the data file to your install, and place the AddIn modz into the game's Extra folder. You will still have to navigate into that folder and copy them to paste them into your MODS folder for use. If you use any of the AddInModzPak and notice issues, please let us know. This includes anybody on deck that are holding their hands and pretending to have binoculars...

We will state again, that it is NOT recommended that you use any mods not in the AddInModzPak, other than Nippon Maru, Nihon Kaigun, Fleetboat Interiors Officer's Country and a select set of vickers03's mods. Be aware though, that we have NOT had time to put them through the latest FotRSU checks for compatibility. We are in the process of that though, so let us know of any issues, please. Thanks

Edit: Also, see The FotRSUv17_Patches for more info on what is included in the patch.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 01-11-22 at 07:15 PM. Reason: whoops! Title... sigh - and now "name change" - again
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-21, 04:30 PM   #4131
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
OK - Let's try this:

FotRSUv17m_Patch.7z

That has a few "fixes" in the Data folder for the FotRSU mod itself, including a "fix" of the Cavite / Darwin / Albany links. Also included in the Extras / AddInModzPak folder of the patch is another version of 802_TMO_torp_tex_FotRSU; a completely new 805_CWC_FIOQ, which is Cold Weather Clothes for Fleetboat Interiors Officer's Quarters, but only if you have that enabled; 805_CWC_FotRSU, the same thing but for FotRSU only, NOT FIOQ; and 806_PeriscopeSplash, which should function for those of you without cross-contamination. Notice that the CWC mods are numbered the same, so only one activated at a time. Activating the patch will apply the folders in the data file to your install, and place the AddIn modz into the game's Extra folder. You will still have to navigate into that folder and copy them to paste them into your MODS folder for use. If you use any of the AddInModzPak and notice issues, please let us know. This includes anybody on deck that are holding their hands and pretending to have binoculars...

We will state again, that it is NOT recommended that you use any mods not in the AddInModzPak, other than Nippon Maru, Nihon Kaigun, Fleetboat Interiors Officer's Country and a select set of vickers03's mods. Be aware though, that we have NOT had time to put them through the latest FotRSU checks for compatibility. We are in the process of that though, so let us know of any issues, please. Thanks

Have grabbed a copy & will test check it out...

M. M.
Old 12-30-21, 09:25 PM   #4132
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

[QUOTE=propbeanie;2785489]OK - Let's try this:

FotRSUv17m_Patch.7z

/QUOTE]

So I clicked on the link thinking it would take me to a download page; it doesn't. It gives me the contents but I can't copy them.

How do I use your link?

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-21, 09:41 PM   #4133
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

[QUOTE=torpedobait;2785545]
Quote:
OK - Let's try this:

FotRSUv17m_Patch.7z

/QUOTE]

So I clicked on the link thinking it would take me to a download page; it doesn't. It gives me the contents but I can't copy them.

How do I use your link?
Clicking the link, you should be seeing "this" page:

Clicking where I notated... should give you the option to download & from there, you should be able to set just where you want the download to go.

Hope this info helps...

M. M.
Old 12-31-21, 01:15 PM   #4134
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 816

hey friends
-I will be on the bridge tomorrow .. thank you for the "job" ...
-I'm going to look at all this ...
best wishes to all...
Kal_Maximus_U669 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-21, 05:30 PM   #4135
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

[QUOTE=Mad Mardigan;2785546]
Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
Clicking where I notated... should give you the option to download & from there, you should be able to set just where you want the download to go.

Hope this info helps...

M. M.
Thank you, Mad Man! I'd never used that page before. All worked as you said. Now I'm going to activate them for a new career. Thanks again!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-21, 06:03 PM   #4136
Jeffg
Exec

Downloads: 1491
Icon14

I hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year.

JeffG
Old 12-31-21, 06:43 PM   #4137
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Here's to wishing all, everywhere...

A safe, hopefully much better, successful patrol filled Happy New Year.

To absent subsimmer's, who have gone on to an eternal patrol. Gone... but never forgotten. *snaps to attention & *

M. M.
Old 12-31-21, 06:58 PM   #4138
FotRSU Mod Team
Team Leader

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 3

Happy New Year SubSim Community!!!

Old 12-31-21, 09:01 PM   #4139
Rock Storm
Watch

Downloads: 26

Happy New Year, Everryboddy.

Love you all. When every you guys near the GERMANY-BORDY, i am a son of a forrester, so i really love bonfire and meat, fish, and bavarian beer, or good wine or..
..doug stanhope...when ever near the Kaiserreich. Write something, Wee willl fiiind you.

Last edited by Rock Storm; 12-31-21 at 09:32 PM.
Rock Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-21, 09:32 PM   #4140
Rock Storm
Watch

Downloads: 26

Rock Storm is offline   Reply With Quote