SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > UBOAT
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-07-23, 03:22 AM   #16
Von Due
Sea Lord

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0

I do agree that, as a pac man clone, this game is attrociously bad, missing all the marks. As a sub management game with sim elements however, I personally enjoy it quite a lot. Issue free? Nope but the issues I have are either self inflicted through mods, or not so bad I can't play it.
Von Due is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-23, 08:16 AM   #17
hans jenisch
Watch

Downloads: 3
Icon14

Hi.
Silent hunter 5 was a good sim , UBOAT is not silent hunter 5 , and both sims have good and bad sides to them , one big difference UBISOFT NEVER fixed a lot of the snags and now have abandoned it , where as UBOAT is still under going mods and fixes , and has got a lot of potential in the sim and two big updates on the horizon , given time i think UBOAT will outstrip silent hunter 5 .
This UBOAT sim is growing on me , but it could do with a manual has its a steep learning curve .
regards Alan Cottrill , AKA(Hans Jenisch)
hans jenisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-23, 07:06 PM   #18
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans jenisch View Post
Hi.
Silent hunter 5 was a good sim , UBOAT is not silent hunter 5 , and both sims have good and bad sides to them , one big difference UBISOFT NEVER fixed a lot of the snags and now have abandoned it , where as UBOAT is still under going mods and fixes , and has got a lot of potential in the sim and two big updates on the horizon , given time i think UBOAT will outstrip silent hunter 5 .
This UBOAT sim is growing on me , but it could do with a manual has its a steep learning curve .

Nice post

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-23, 12:42 AM   #19
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
Hi.
watching this help me
Old 11-11-23, 08:28 PM   #20
ploofy2
Swabbie

Downloads: 2

Quote:
Hi.

A lot of people forget that this game is on early access. UBOAT is still in development. Give it time to grow and, above all, give the developers time to add everything they need to make it a must-have sim.
After that, we'll be able to talk about what's good and what's not, and modders will be able to work on a solid basis.
ploofy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-24, 09:36 AM   #21
jnhoward

Downloads: 224

Yeah I've had U-BOAT since day 1 almost. And to start with I was not to impressed ether.
But after all the years it has improved.
End of April 24 now, and things look like it might be finished quite soon.
And it's finally looking like it will be a "must have" game.
So don't give up on it yet.
jnhoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-24, 10:23 AM   #22
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

jnhoward!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-24, 04:28 PM   #23
Trabant Dave
Nub

Downloads: 30

I would also like a manual - if not in paper form, a PDF would be good - I absorb things better from being able to read and re-read; preferably with a glass of a good Scotch to assist with the absorption process.....

Then I am knocking on a bit; at 65 you could say I am one of the 'old gang', but with no intention of scuttling the U-Boat yet!
Trabant Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-24, 08:28 PM   #24
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome back!

Trabant Dave!...back on the surface after a 5-year 'silent run'!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote