SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion > Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-24-14, 04:12 PM   #1
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Default A scenario there never was

This is a story from the earlier days of NWP who was a great upgrade to Jane's Fleet Command(played it on a XP-computer)

Was watching some kind of documentary on some channel. It was about end times, Armageddon etc

Few hours later I was sitting by my computer, playing Fleet Command, when I suddenly remembered this documentary

Ended the scenario I was playing and went into the Mission Editor

From there I built out from every American Carrier there was available CVBG-groups and lots and lots of SAG-groups. I used every carrier, DDG, DD, FFG, FF a.s.o(Used Wiki to help me)

I guessed there would be battle at sea in the North Atlantic, Mediterranean and in the Chinese sea

I placed a few CVBG-groups in each of these oceans and a lot of SAG there too.

Not to forget Sub.

I also made CVBG-groups and sag groups from other NATO-countries and placed them nearby. except some English and french which I placed in the Chinese sea(if I remember it correctly)

Made even airfield a.s.o a.s.o

Then I stopped. after been working for hours and not even halfway done

I stopped because I Really didn't knew who would be the good guys and who would be the bad guys

I just remembered a important thing. I couldn't make it into one mission had to divided into three different mission one for the North Atlantic and one for Chinese sea and one for....

Markus

Last edited by mapuc; 07-24-14 at 04:33 PM.
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-14, 12:34 AM   #2
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Yes, you can not make missions too big, with too many units, the old Fleet Command game engine can not handle it. If there are too many units, they will not respond(if at all,lol) to orders you give them in the right way.

Al Capone
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-14, 01:55 PM   #3
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
Yes, you can not make missions too big, with too many units, the old Fleet Command game engine can not handle it. If there are too many units, they will not respond(if at all,lol) to orders you give them in the right way.
Ohh didn't I write that.

Quote:
"Then I stopped. after been working for hours and not even halfway done"
I never played it.

Can say I have been thinking of doing the same in Command. But who will be the good guys and who will be the bad guys.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-14, 08:55 PM   #4
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Ok, I see what you are saying now!

Al Capone
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote