SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-18-12, 05:15 PM   #706
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREG View Post
a question for you TDW : with the bone editor menu ,i can change the needle axis rotation (for the fuel gauge in DER room) and is possible without change the mesh possition
I understand now. Yes, you can. The mesh's position and rotation is independent of the bone (for SH5)
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-12, 05:16 PM   #707
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Two more errors discovered:

1. Rotation quaternion fields do not want to hold the values entered. Take a bone, enter some rotation values, accept, see the bone rotated, check the fields again - the numbers are different from what you entered, after two or three attempts to enter needed values the fields 'agree' and finally hold the values. I think there is a rounding error in math somewhere, because the values in fields get closer and closer to the ones initially entered.

2. After first two bones creation tryng to create a third (and all the next ones) rotated bone providing rotation values in the bone creation dialog causes error: ****Skeleton's lat Bone defined has no data for MaxProperties *****
Then it says that the file will be closed because it is too corrupt.
If you don't enter rotation values the bone is created no problemo even with 'Has rotation data' checkbox checked. You can then edit the bone and rotate it no problem.
These are not good I'll see what's going on
Old 02-18-12, 05:45 PM   #708
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Testing the new version: when clicking that newly available 'maximize' Windows' button (right-upper corner) the editor's window throws 'unhandled exception', press continue and it works fine afterwards including maximizing/minimizing etc. stuff.
This is one of those I don't understand why I had to do what I did but it works kind of things It makes absolutely no sense why I had to do what I did...

Problem fixed
Old 02-18-12, 06:00 PM   #709
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 155
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I understand now. Yes, you can. The mesh's position and rotation is independent of the bone (for SH5)
For this, it is with the rotation (quaternion)
and I must come to rotate the view to see what I do

"Better watch where you do not go, because where were going, we will know what it is when we get there, and anyway, it will never be only water."

Proverbe Shadok
BIGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-12, 06:42 PM   #710
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 301

Sorry if i ask a nonsense here since i don´t understand three quarters of what you talk, but with the actual state of the tool would be already possible to "move" the RWR SNORCHEL to the top of the snorchel or is not?
pedrobas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-12, 07:21 PM   #711
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrobas View Post
Sorry if i ask a nonsense here since i don´t understand three quarters of what you talk, but with the actual state of the tool would be already possible to "move" the RWR SNORCHEL to the top of the snorchel or is not?
very easily
Old 02-18-12, 07:23 PM   #712
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
You don't know what quaternions are or how to input values to get the rotation you want? Most people don't understand or know what quaternions are. I'm adding a new menu item (Tools) along with quaternion to euler angles and euler angles to quaternion converters.

Found the problem with the quaternion values not being 'precise'. It has been fixed. I also noticed that I was letting you edit values if the flags were not set for it. That has been fixed also
Old 02-18-12, 10:18 PM   #713
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Added a new menu item Tools:

Clicking on Quaternion to Euler Angles (and vice versa) opens up this top level window:

I think it's pretty self-explanatory what this top level window is for
Old 02-18-12, 11:22 PM   #714
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Test version 1.1.62.0 available here: http://www.mediafire.com/?mi71y1pcll15kdl

Fixed errors reported
Added Quaternion to Euler angles conversion (and vice versa) tool
Started coding in the ability to view multiple GR2 files at a time
File-->Close click ability removed
File-->Close-->file x added (ability to close certain GR2 file open of multiple GR2 files)
File-->Close all added (Closes all open GR2 files)
File-->Current GR2 file in use--> file x (this will be used for multiple GR2 files when I finally have it finished)
Tools-->Quaternion to Euler angles (and vice versa) - opens a top level window (is on top of every other window in app) that allows you to convert from Quaternion values to Euler angles and vice versa
Added a new tool status label at the bottom of the app. This new label shows the current GR2 file in use
The add new bone page has a new entry at the very top: GR2 file. This shows the GR2 file you'll be adding the new bone to (so you don't add new bone to wrong GR2 file when the ability to open multiple GR2 files is finished). You select the file to add new bone to by File-->Current GR2 file in use--> file x
The window title now also displays the current render window size

@ BIGREG - I started writing the converter for 3DS Max files with multiple objects defined. I ran into a problem that I'm having to think about. The problem is 3DS Max optimized the objects and thus removed duplicate verticies. The converter has to re-add these duplicate verticies and that's where I'm stuck currently.

EDIT:

Just realized I forgot to spawn the background worker threads for the exporter so the main thread isn't locked up when exporting. I'll add this tomorrow.

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 02-19-12 at 12:40 AM.
Old 02-19-12, 02:14 AM   #715
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
You can rotate the bone while viewing it. Under the bones tab ensure show is checked. Select the bone you want to reposition/rotate in the bones treeview box. You'll see a lock-diamond surround the bone and in the bottom left corner of the app it will tell you which bone you have selected (you can also double click the bone/mesh in the render window to select it). Meshes can only be selected if bone's show is not checked.

Now depending on the flags the bone has set will determine what you can do with it. If it has position data then you can reposition it. If it has rotation data then you can rotate it. If it has scale/shear data then you can scale/shear it.

In the bottom right corner you'll see some or all of the letter SRT (Scale, Rotation, Translation). These are what you currently have enabled. Press S to toggle ability to scale. Press R to toggle ability to rotate. Press T to toggle ability to Translate. All these keys can be seen by pressing H for help. Help is dynamic - it will change based on what you have selected and what you're doing. These keys are not active until the camera is locked.

Now we need to lock the camera. Press C to lock camera. You'll notice that it says locked in the bottom right corner of the app.

Now with the camera locked we are now using the object's axis as the point of reference. Now you need to determine which axis's of freedom you want. You'll notice some or all of the letters XYZ in the bottom right corner of the app. Press X to toggle X axis freedom, press Y to toggle Y axis freedom, and press Z to toggle Z axis freedom. Now using the mouse and buttons you can rotate, reposition, and scale the object.

When done unlock camera by pressing C. This will make the camera's axis the point of reference for all mouse movements.

There are two buttons marked Save and Reset. If you don't like the changes you did press Reset to reset back to last saved (if no last saved then will restore to as loaded values). If you like your changes press Save to save them. Once you press Save that makes the changes the new 'as-loaded' values for when you press Reset.

Press Spacebar to clear selection (remove lock-diamond and deselect object). You can also double click on an empty part of the render window to do the same thing.

Old 02-19-12, 05:34 AM   #716
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Hi

TDW thank you , with you, it's Christmas every day
Today I'll try it all

"Better watch where you do not go, because where were going, we will know what it is when we get there, and anyway, it will never be only water."

Proverbe Shadok
Old 02-19-12, 07:09 AM   #717
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Amazing job.
Thank you.
Old 02-19-12, 07:59 AM   #718
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Great, I just replace the needle axis of the fuel gauge (on the ceiling between the diesel engine)
The only problem I had was to settle the Z axis (do not work alone)
But, I managed to do so, using the three axes at the same time

Proverbe Shadok
Old 02-19-12, 09:54 AM   #719
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Great, I just replace the needle axis of the fuel gauge (on the ceiling between the diesel engine)
The only problem I had was to settle the Z axis (do not work alone)
But, I managed to do so, using the three axes at the same time
Happens something similar here, trying to move the RWR SNORCHEL only in YZ, only moves it in Z, you have to put the three axes to be able to move it in Y.
Old 02-19-12, 10:04 AM   #720
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Hi

Here, the first change thanks to the editor TheDarkWraith: The readjustment of the needle axis of the fuel gauge in the diesel room.
Thanks TheDarkWraith without which his editor will not have been possible

This mod is of course compatible with the interior SteelViking's Mod

Link to SteelViking thread : http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...171415&page=52

Link to direct download : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8655607/Fuel...%20Interior.7z

Proverbe Shadok