Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 03-28-10, 12:52 PM   #1
USS Sea Tiger
XO

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 0
Default Tiger vs t34, best tank sim??

Hi
I am looking for a new tank sim, I am still using battlefronts first series games. road to barbarossa ect

tvt seems interesting, are there mods so you can drive stugs and such?

is there something outhere that is better, more vehicles to fight with?

thank you

Mike D

Old 03-28-10, 04:03 PM   #2
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Hello Tiger,
You need to check out the existing threads here and I am sure you can learn
allot about the transformation T34 vs Tiger is going through and see maybe if it's the tank simulation for you.

Cheers!

ZeeWolf
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-10, 05:50 PM   #3
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Sea Tiger View Post

is there something outhere that is better, more vehicles to fight with?
Yes, but only for modern era, not WWII.

For WWII, you can chose between Tiger vs T34, and Steel Fury.

For modern era, SBP. Many different MBTs, IFVs and APC to ride.
Old 03-29-10, 11:10 PM   #4
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Default Sb versus WWII sims

Nice try Skybird but I think he meant WWII

BTW, I tried SPB Gold edition and it really is a great game. Very interesting and entertaining. It still is not going to distract me from playing Steel Fury , Panzer Elite or TvsT but it's a nice change and better than T72 Balkans on fire as far as modern tanksims are concerned.

I know you feel as passionate about Steel Beasts as Zee Wolf feels about TvsT and it's great but you have to understand that most tank sim fans are passionate about tanks themselves.I know you are not because you said so in the past several times. You don't relate to tank in real life.But most of the rest of us do relate or really dig tanks.Which is why WWII tank sims fans won't click when you tell them to play SB with Turm Aus or stripped down.It's got nothing to do with SB as a game and everything to do with atmosphere, history or simply longing for things as they used to be. Why are so many people still watching avidly films about medieval Europe or Ancient Rome or WWII? WWII defined the modern world, changed it forever and was simp0ly the greatest modern,( and let's hope the last one) conflict of the industrial age.It's got everything in superlative; men involved, years, machines, casualties, sheer geographic extension, archives and documents available. SB is a very nice game that deserves to be known on its own merits but when you are trying to sell it to WWII tanksim enthusiasts it's like trying to sell T Shirts of Mick Jagger in front of Elvis Presley's house or pretending that Lady Gaga is Madonna....

Cheers
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-10, 02:36 AM   #5
Skybird
Soaring

A, Frinik - I just just answered a question wether there is a tank sim featuring more playables, and listed the three tank titles he can chose from.
Old 03-30-10, 03:49 AM   #6
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Default Puzzled

Skybird; I may be calling on your expert knowledge of Steel Beasts in the future.The game is new to me and I would gratefully accept some tips or advice.

I am just puzzled through; if you don't feel any passion or interest in tanks then why do you so fervently play a tank sim?Why not a plane sim like IL2 or others of the kind or one of the excellent sub sims?

Cheers

Frinik
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-10, 04:18 AM   #7
Skybird
Soaring

Where do you get your conclusions from?

I still like SBP.

But for certain reasons, namely two, I decided to give up the "fever" for it, and just use it privately like I want, staying away from the public scene about it and not commenting on it anymore. One reason was a very unpleasant personal incident in another forum last late autumn, which I really took queer and that made me leaving all SBP-related forums alltogether. The other reason was that my attempt to be a private person and talk in favour of SBP, and being a moderator and deal with all tank game related entries neutrally and equal, was not accepted, it seems - people avoided this forum for the most, the number of TvT and SF-related topics and replies launched by people was extremely low. So it was time that this place got a new management with a new name on the door. Since then, there has been no SBP content anymore, and everything foucssed on TvT - however, activity level went up again. So, regarding the acchieved effects, my decision obviously was the right one to make.

That's all! Don't try to read so many other things into me! BTW, I have also SH3, BoBII, FS9, SBP, CotA, chess installed. It's not that I do not sim in my tank anymore - it's also not that that is the only thing I do.

P.S. For questions on SBP, Lieste might be the better name wo watch out for. He has far deeper knowledge of it, with contacts to the team. He used to occasionally visit this forum last year, don't know if he still does.

Last edited by Skybird; 03-30-10 at 07:24 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote