SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-26-20, 02:09 PM   #3196
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-20, 02:24 PM   #3197
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I just drove by a church on my way home from the store (my third trip in four weeks) and they were all out in the parking lot staying 6' from each other.

They looked like zombies wondering if I was going to arrest them

I've been having more fun online at church than I do in church with Rod Parsley

https://www.facebook.com/rodparsley/...00014261325582

So this is it, uh? The last weekend of shut down in USA except for selected areas
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-20, 05:38 PM   #3198
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

More and more Danish people/journalist and some politicians have raised their voice and saying the government have overreacted when they closed the country.

To some of my friends who have mention this

I say to them

Study the development of Corona in Italy-They wasn't so quick to shut their society as Denmark was.

Yes their cultural behaviour is different than it is in Denmark-Nevertheless all the death can't be because of this behaviour.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-20, 05:54 PM   #3199
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

5G is not number 1 on the Conspiracy top 10 list anymore

A known person is now number 1 on this list

Quote:
Hoaxes directed at the Microsoft co-founder turned philanthropist, are all over YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter. The New York Times found 16,000 posts on Facebook this year that were liked and commented on nearly 900,000 times. The 10 most popular Youtube videos spreading misinformation about Gates and the virus were viewed almost five millions times in March and April. The falsehoods being spread vary, but range from him creating COVID-19 in order to profit from a vaccine, or of Gates being a member of a plot to cull humanity and/or implement a global surveillance system.
https://www.theverge.com/2020/4/17/2...es-5g-covid-19

Markus
Old 04-27-20, 06:04 AM   #3200
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-27-20, 06:15 AM   #3201
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Prime Minister Boris Johnson says the UK is at point of "maximum risk" and he won't ease restrictions too quickly.

His return after serious Covid-19 illness comes as pressure mounts to deliver testing and relax the lockdown.

Although UK has flattened the peak of the virus, priority is to avoid a second outbreak, he says.

Some countries where cases have been falling are starting to ease restrictions on economic activity.

Italy outlines plans to ease restrictions from 4 May as it records its lowest daily death toll since mid-March.

Germany makes it mandatory to wear masks outside.

New Zealand says it has eliminated local transmission - it moves out of its toughest lockdown level at midnight.

There are almost 3 million confirmed cases and more than 206,000 deaths globally, according to Johns Hopkins University.

Old 04-27-20, 06:30 AM   #3202
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The daily UK coronavirus briefing from Downing Street has become a familiar fixture since March, but now the public will now be able to submit questions.

Some students in Shanghai and Beijing have returned to classes after weeks of lockdown. Chinese authorities also said there were no new virus patients in Wuhan, where the outbreak began, and that all Covid-19 patients had been discharged.

Reconstruction work on Notre-Dame cathedral, which was damaged in a fire last year, has resumed after it was halted because of the country's lockdown restrictions.

Five bars and restaurants in Stockholm have been closed by the city council after failing inspections on coronavirus safety.

New Zealand is lifting some of its nationwide lockdown measures. It says it has ended local transmissions for now.

In Australia, more than a million people downloaded a coronavirus contact tracing app within hours of it being released. Restrictions are easing in some areas.

India has also relaxed some of its lockdown rules - over the weekend, it allowed small local stores to reopen after more than a month.

The number of cases in Singapore continues to rise as more foreign workers test positive. There are over 13,000 confirmed cases, the vast majority of whom are workers living in dormitories.

Nigeria’s commercial capital, Lagos, has mandated the compulsory use of face masks in public, as confirmed coronavirus cases continue to rise locally.

Old 04-27-20, 06:52 AM   #3203
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

In his speech at Downing Street this morning, the prime minister said, “We did not allow our NHS to collapse."

He also said the health service had not run out of ventilators or intensive care unit beds.

He is correct.

At the end of last week, there were 3,000 spare critical care beds available in the UK, according to the government.

The health service across the UK had 7,199 critical care beds at the end of last week, not including the several thousand made available in emergency field hospitals, such as the NHS Nightingale hospitals in London, Manchester and other cities.

The government has also said that every patient who needs a ventilator has received one, but has not yet met the goal of 18,000 ventilators pledged at the beginning of the month.

Old 04-27-20, 09:52 AM   #3204
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Breaking News Girl Scouts cookie sales going bankrupt!

Girl Scouts in Alaska get federal recovery loan as cookie sales crumble

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/girl-sc...ie-sales-down/

"It was frenzied shopping, and people were hoarding cookies like they were toilet paper," Ridle said of sales before the state ordered business closures last month.

Quote:
Anchorage-based council is sitting on about 144,000 unsold boxes filling the homes of scouting families in southern Alaska, Ridle said.

"I'm hearing from lots of families: 'When am I getting these out of my living rooms?' " Ridle said.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-20, 10:58 AM   #3205
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-27-20, 11:28 AM   #3206
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-27-20, 12:47 PM   #3207
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Some interesting figures from Sweden

(From one of their newspaper)

The National Board of Health has looked at 1,700 cause of death certificates to give a more detailed picture of the mortality in covid-19.
The statistics show that 90 percent of those who died were over 70 and half over 86. Only one percent were under 50 years of age. Most people who have died in the disease also had one or more risk factors.

Risk factors:

High blood pressure is most common and is seen in 79.6 percent of cases.
48.5 percent of the dead had cardiovascular disease
29 percent had diabetes
14.6 percent had some type of lung disease.
14.4 percent had not had any of the above risk factors.
54 percent of the deceased are men.

It should be remembered that 65 percent of all over 70 years have high blood pressure so you should not stare blindly at it. High blood pressure is not the big thing but it interacts with other things such as diabetes or obesity.

Markus
Old 04-27-20, 01:21 PM   #3208
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
The bat theor yis not new, a claimed "bat woman", A Chiense special researcher studiyjg bats in caves i China wa salreaey mentioned back then in that context. Also that the virus may have escaped from the lab i Wuhan is nothing new as a theory.

Germany's Christain Drosten also accept bats to be the likely origin, but thinks the virus has spread to another species that then was sold on the animal market at Wuhan as an example). The species he is mentioning, are Chinese Marderhunde (raccoon dog, I think).
Old 04-27-20, 03:06 PM   #3209
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Some interesting figures from Sweden

(From one of their newspaper)

The National Board of Health has looked at 1,700 cause of death certificates to give a more detailed picture of the mortality in covid-19.
The statistics show that 90 percent of those who died were over 70 and half over 86. Only one percent were under 50 years of age. Most people who have died in the disease also had one or more risk factors.

Risk factors:

High blood pressure is most common and is seen in 79.6 percent of cases.

Markus

Well that sucks for me, must be Valsartan or Losartan creating more receptors for the virus? Wonder if switching to some other BP drugs will reduce the numbers of receptors after those drugs have already mutated your cells to contain more receptors?

Last edited by em2nought; 04-27-20 at 03:07 PM. Reason: clean up
em2nought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-20, 03:20 PM   #3210
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

The German RKI now calculates the R value at 1.0 again, a rise.

Over thge last week it was risen to 0.8 again, then to 0.9. For very short time iot was at 0.7, and some experts said with a continuastion of lockdown there ws a realistic chance to push it down to 0.2 and to dry the pandemic out.

Italy said schools remain shut until autumn, they see no reaosn to take huge risks just so tgo have a short time of presence schooling at schools. Right decision! Ger,many opens schools slowly and want to bring all students into at least a bit of presence schooling again before summer holidays. For this enormous risks are beign accepted. Wrong decision! We should only consider having only the candidates for high school graduation at school now, those who would have finished school this summer. But no, actionism, opportunism, self-propaganda of eleciton candidates and political pick and hack takes over again. These German school kids will bring back another rise of the pandemic.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan