SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-13-08, 01:22 AM   #1
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 142
Uploads: 0
Default Windowed mode for Naval Combat pack siims ?

Is there a way to get Sub Command, 688i Hunterkiller, and Fleet Command to run in windowed mode like you can do with Dangerous Waters ? I've tried putting the .RunInWindow Yes command into the ini files and it doesn't do anything for these games. The games just erase and recreates the files.
Old 07-13-08, 06:36 AM   #2
Ramius
Commander

Downloads: 43

For Sub Command try changing the shortcut properties to -windowed or -windowedmode (cant remember which one works). Fleet Command might work with the same ones. Don't think theres a way to get 688 to work in a window though, but i might be wrong.
Old 07-13-08, 06:47 PM   #3
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 142

well.. -windowed works for Sub Command but doesn't really work for the other two.
All it does with Fleet Command is make it run in a tiny, non moveable block in the top left corner of the screen that can't be moved.. so technically it's not in a window.
While playing these games, I often amd multitasking because these games often are slow going and take some time to fully play out. I don't like to use time compression too much because I always get "surprised" out of nowhere the seccond I up the time scale. I usually run in real time. With Fleet Command, and 688i, it locks the mouse into the application so I can't jump over to my other monitor without hitting the Windows key or alt tab which minimises the game so I can't see what's going on while checking my email or chatting with friends on AIM or such.