SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-10, 07:13 AM   #8
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I see what you're trying to do and it won't work. The C++ code only allows dials on pages that already had dials on them. Sure you can add a dial to Page Default Hud but when you try to tie it to the the dial in the file dials.cfg it won't work. The game will not update the dial. It will be just a static bitmap. If you want to do TDC stuff then you have to keep the dials on PageTDC or use another page that already has dials on them.

Ah Ok, so I will have to use the original TDC page then. Thanks.

Have PM'ed this to maerean_m. But will post here in case anyone else could uptake.

"Hi maerean_m, can you tell me if there are any plans to do some simple tutorials on modding SH5.
This would be great for us newcomers to modding that are completly lost, even trying to understand what others have done with there mods is impossible as you cant tell whats been altered in some of the files.

For example a simple tutorial on how to introduce a single working dial eg the AOB dial into the User Interface.
This would show how to access the Editor, where to place the holders for the graphics, what .ini files are created and what scripts are required to introduce them into the game.
Just been able to see one solid example of how thing are done, would help people to go on from that and experiment."

Last edited by reaper7; 03-22-10 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Tutorial requirments
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote