SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-08-15, 10:09 PM   #1
swdw
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 0
Default Entry point not fuond error?

Took my old parts and built a WinXP / Linux machine. Installed XP on it so I could play SH4 and other games.

Using an ATi 7770 card w/ 1GB of Ram. Machine has 4 GB Ram.

When I installed from the original disk and tried to run, I got a cannot launch 3D engine error message. So I updated to 1.3. Same thing. So next I installed the Uboat mission add on and got the following error message. Anyone seen this before? It's a new one on me. (As was the failure to start the 3D engine message)

Click on attachment to see error message
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sh4 error.jpg (17.5 KB, 9 views)

"you wouldn't catch me on a ship that deliberately sinks itself"- comment to me from a surface sailor.

System:
AMD 6300 3.5 GHz | 32GB DDR3 | SATA 300 320GB HD, SATA III 1TB HD, SATA III 1.TB HD | ASUS Sonar DS sound card
NVIDIA 1660 Super OC | Windows 10
swdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-15, 10:25 PM   #2
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by swdw View Post
Took my old parts and built a WinXP / Linux machine. Installed XP on it so I could play SH4 and other games.

Using an ATi 7770 card w/ 1GB of Ram. Machine has 4 GB Ram.

When I installed from the original disk and tried to run, I got a cannot launch 3D engine error message. So I updated to 1.3. Same thing. So next I installed the Uboat mission add on and got the following error message. Anyone seen this before? It's a new one on me. (As was the failure to start the 3D engine message)

Click on attachment to see error message
Time to reinstall the game. This time install SH4 and the U-Boat Missions only, you won't need to use v1.3. The U-Boat Mission will bring the game to v1.5 which is the final version.

Also, just in case you haven't done so, make sure you install DirectX 9.0c. That should take care of the 3D error.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

Last edited by cdrsubron7; 11-08-15 at 10:34 PM.
cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-15, 11:58 PM   #3
swdw
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
Time to reinstall the game. This time install SH4 and the U-Boat Missions only, you won't need to use v1.3. The U-Boat Mission will bring the game to v1.5 which is the final version.
This was a fresh install , no mods

Quote:
Also, just in case you haven't done so, make sure you install DirectX 9.0c. That should take care of the 3D error.
Yep, I selected to install it, and even watched it install the DX files. Wondering if I need the June 2010 version of 9.0c instead of the 2007 version that ships with the game because of the Ati Drivers being from 2014? (yes there are different versions of 9.0c, as I learned from BOB II)

Anyway, will delete and try a fresh install again.

"you wouldn't catch me on a ship that deliberately sinks itself"- comment to me from a surface sailor.

System:
AMD 6300 3.5 GHz | 32GB DDR3 | SATA 300 320GB HD, SATA III 1TB HD, SATA III 1.TB HD | ASUS Sonar DS sound card
NVIDIA 1660 Super OC | Windows 10

Last edited by swdw; 11-09-15 at 12:11 AM.
swdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-15, 01:41 PM   #4
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Hey Sam, good to see you're back around!!

I've never encountered your error message, seems like "LoadTgaTexture.....couldnotbelocated......" is a problem with not finding the "Load Screen" image? Whatever it is, a reinstall might fix it.

Since you're going to v1.5, I'd not try to run the game before getting it installed. As I remember, the first several versions required you to keep the original disk in the CD to verify authenticity, version 1.3 or v1.4 did away with that requirement.

I've got my original v1.0 disk too, but bought the "Gold Edition" for about 8 dollars a couple of years ago. I quit messing with the updating. INetVideo is still selling the DVD for 14.99 plus shipping.....found HERE.

Since you've got a 64 bit OS and 4gb of ram, put all 4 gigs to use with an app like Large Address Aware. It will make this old game run much better!

Best Regards

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-15, 12:53 PM   #5
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

I think your submarine's hatch is closed and locked from the inside!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote