SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-14-21, 09:15 PM   #1
Selixd
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Fleet Command aircraft help

So after many years I had a fit of nostalgia hit and played some FC. tore up the campaigns but I wanted more. So I then googled games like… and stumbled on nwp. Yipee many more hours of play ahead now! Disclaimer here, I have been reading documentation some and experimenting.

So is nwp just much harder? My ships are not counter-battery firing against SSM’s well at all! My aircraft are not evading AAM’s and I got probably ten f-14’s blown out of the sky in minutes they don’t juke and bank or even throw flare/chaff as missiles devastate them.

Anyone help me out some with some suggestions what I need to set? I destroyed standard FC and I am getting absolutely hammered by the initial enemy salvo’s now that I am on nwp.
Selixd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-21, 12:41 AM   #2
Ghost Dog
Planesman

Downloads: 114

You must have either missed a step or done something wrong during installation. I would do a full reinstall and have a read through all the readme and manual files. I can assure you, ships will defend themselves. (Do NOT turn on auto-engage with NWP)

free image host
Ghost Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-21, 06:09 PM   #3
Selixd
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
You must have either missed a step or done something wrong during installation. I would do a full reinstall and have a read through all the readme and manual files. I can assure you, ships will defend themselves. (Do NOT turn on auto-engage with NWP)
SO ships are now defending themselves after turning off auto-engage. I just had over a dozen aircraft blown out of the sky all at cruising speed. No evasion at all. IDK I am still looking and trying to find something I missed.
Old 11-15-21, 06:55 PM   #4
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Selixd!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-21, 01:05 AM   #5
Ghost Dog
Planesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selixd View Post
SO ships are now defending themselves after turning off auto-engage. I just had over a dozen aircraft blown out of the sky all at cruising speed. No evasion at all. IDK I am still looking and trying to find something I missed.
You won’t visually see countermeasures from aircraft, it’s just factored into their chance of being hit. They also rarely are seen to evade, so your game might now be working correctly. You generally want to kill SAM launchers or avoid them.

free image host
Old 11-17-21, 07:33 PM   #6
Selixd
Swabbie

Yes I know you don't see the chaff/flare but when I say no evasion I mean zero. I wiped everything and installed 18.3 and it works as expected. When I say my aircraft are not evading I mean a near 100% splash rate. I launched and sent out like a dozen f-14's and they all died except maybe one to the first launched AAM. Vanilla game and 18.3 they at least stand a chance lol. Also on vanilla and 18.3 the fighters juke when a missile gets close. 19.2 zero movement.

I just did a full wipe and installed 19.2 and bug fix. I hope it works because I really want to play some of the 19 missions badly. The only thing I can theorize that's different is that at nwp install the first time some of the checkboxes in options that are supposed to be off could have been on from playing the vanilla game.
Old 11-17-21, 07:56 PM   #7
Selixd
Swabbie

No change. I get that the chances of getting aircraft shot down is probably higher in nwp. Near 100% tho? After reload I launched 8 F-14's. & died to the first AAM launched at them. One survived till the second shot. Weirdly neither S3 I had up was shot down by the first AAM fired at it.

Regular game aircraft speed up and bank around when the missiles come in. Even if the countermeasures are turned off I doubt the speed and headings of the aircraft are also static.

Frustrating! I'm sad, but I give up for the moment. Maybe I'll keep trying at a later date. Not tonight!!!
Old 11-18-21, 11:48 PM   #8
Ghost Dog
Planesman

What kind of missiles? feel free to send me a scenario to test if you want.

free image host
Old 11-20-21, 10:48 AM   #9
Selixd
Swabbie

US-UK One (4 star almost at bottom, Atlantic and Med map). Mica ARH AAM. Sent out 8 F-14's and 5 went down to the first missile. One survived the initial shot but went down to second. I sent them out due east off the us carrier. No banking or speed change although I had them set to high speed. But no banking or diving like standard game. In past they have for sure been at normal cruise and not sped up.

Pretty sure that previously the same has happened to S3 aircraft in the past also.

Also had the same happen in the mideast map (can't remember name) but it's the one where the enemy has a couple of airbases north of you and eneamy has F-14's and you also have a computer controlled allied force that launched fighters quick to head up north. Carrier is near the coast and there are two landing craft further south.
Old 11-20-21, 12:28 PM   #10
Selixd
Swabbie

Started another just to see. Scenario Finishing the war.

F-14 and F-18 strike

None appeared to dodge. All three lost to SAM missiles to east of carrier group to the first shot.

I turned off quick launch just because I was looking for anything to change.

EMCOM on/off in multiple scenarios has also not changed behavior.
Old 11-23-21, 01:27 AM   #11
Ghost Dog
Planesman

I just completed "Finishing the War"

all objectives completed

my loses:

5 F-14D (lost to flankers and foxhounds)
5 AV-8 (lost to SAMs)
2 F-18E (lost to SAMs)

thats a tough mission because so many targets are unknown, plus the AIM-54 is trash vs fighters.

free image host