SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-08-14, 04:22 PM   #1006
Laconic
Soundman

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 0

After posting in the wrong mod thread:

Two questions.

1. I've lost my Ships-of-all-Nations book. I had a CTD while playing some tutorials; when I reloaded, I got a black-screen "Camera out of sector" error that I fixed by going to the External Cam and back to the player avatar, but ever since my SOAN is gone. I've tried enabling and disabling charts. I've tried checking through all of my chart menu ticks to make sure I didn't disable it. I've pressed every button on my keyboard thinking I accidentally hid it by sausage-fingerdly mashing an obscure hotkey. I've started a new campaign. Nothing. Not having access to its catalog of true ship measurements makes targeting with the RAOBF ruler impossible.

Does anyone know how to re-enable it, short of reinstalling the mod (or game)?

2. Is there any way to re-enable Weps' ability to automatically ID ships? It may be realistic to count stacks and structures and spend lots of time comparing distorted 'scope views to a manual of ship listings, but I find it to be a drag; I'd rather my crew do it so I can get to the math work of working a solution.

Edit- Blimey. Posted this in the wrong mod thread; I'm using Wolves of Steel. I'll post it there as well, but it could also still be a UI issue. If anyone in this thread knows about these, please, do tell.
Laconic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-14, 04:53 PM   #1007
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230

Laconic,uninstalling and reinstalling your mods in JGSME is simple to do and should clear up your issue.Then you will need to run again TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py and you should be set.
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-14, 05:24 PM   #1008
Plague
Watch

Downloads: 107
Default Is the night so dark?

Hi, I've just installed for the first time SH5+Wolves of Steel (I used to play SH3+GWX) and my question is: during nightime i can't see anything, is it normal? sentinel advise me of "ship sighted", but i see nothing.

is there a way to increase the brightness of game? brightness of my monitor is already at max.

another question: I'm running SH5 on Windows 7 32 bit and during my gameplays CTDs occasionally happen. Is it a problem with my OS version?

Thanks for help.
Plague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-14, 05:27 PM   #1009
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome back!

Plague!after a silent run!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-14, 05:29 PM   #1010
Laconic
Soundman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfstriked View Post
Laconic,uninstalling and reinstalling your mods in JGSME is simple to do and should clear up your issue.Then you will need to run again TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py and you should be set.
Yeah, but very annoying, especially if this bug repeats itself. I tried disabling and re-enabling the SOAN via the options patcher, that didn't work either.
Old 11-08-14, 05:34 PM   #1011
Plague
Watch

Downloads: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Plague!after a silent run!
Yeah, VERY LONG and silent run
Plague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-14, 06:55 PM   #1012
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230

laconic,what it might be is that the SOAN is off screen so far you cant see it.Try moving your mouse cursor all along the sides of the screen and you might see that icon pop up that allows you to move things around on screen.
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-14, 07:18 PM   #1013
Laconic
Soundman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfstriked View Post
laconic,what it might be is that the SOAN is off screen so far you cant see it.Try moving your mouse cursor all along the sides of the screen and you might see that icon pop up that allows you to move things around on screen.
Nope. Went all around. Nowhere to be found. Neither did deactivating/reactivating the mod help...that's odd, since I started the game up in stock in between.

To recap, here's what I've tried:

-Searched through every tick and check I can see on the NavMap and 'scope screens to make sure I'm not missing an easy option
-Tried every key on the keyboard with and without Shift
-Begun new career
-Changed resolution and back
-Disabled/enabled SOAN using the Options patcher (loaded up in between)
-Deactivated/reactivated the mods (loaded up in between)

The only thing I haven't done now is completely reinstall the game, which would be ridiculous, frankly.
Old 11-08-14, 07:37 PM   #1014
Laconic
Soundman

Solved it. This post helped:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...ostcount=10650

Now if I could just get my Weps officer to do the dirty work of ID'ing targets for me again.
Old 11-09-14, 12:47 AM   #1015
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

So I finally got everything working as I wished. Only thing is now I've completed the baltic operations and was moved to Kiel, no new missions are available? So what do I do? Just head out on patrol without a mission and then I'll get assigned one??
Old 11-09-14, 04:05 AM   #1016
Laconic
Soundman

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNSRCaseySmith View Post
So I finally got everything working as I wished. Only thing is now I've completed the baltic operations and was moved to Kiel, no new missions are available? So what do I do? Just head out on patrol without a mission and then I'll get assigned one??
Did you:

-Dock at Kiel?
-Talk to the officer by the docks?
-Click on the mission icon in the upper left corner of the map after talking to him?
-Talk to him again and tell him you wanted to begin the patrol?

If you've done those things then I've got nothin'.
Old 11-09-14, 10:49 AM   #1017
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laconic View Post
Did you:

-Dock at Kiel?
-Talk to the officer by the docks?
-Click on the mission icon in the upper left corner of the map after talking to him?
-Talk to him again and tell him you wanted to begin the patrol?

If you've done those things then I've got nothin'.
yep all of those, the only one is the mission for attacking danzig, and Ive completed it as it wont let me request it.
Old 11-09-14, 07:21 PM   #1018
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Is there something that changes how hydrophone contacts are handled?? Because my Hydrophone guy was telling me the other night, contacts port, and the line wouldnt even show on the map..

EDIT: Nevermind, fixed it, on another note, is TDWs FX update compatible with this mod??

Last edited by reignofdeath; 11-09-14 at 10:30 PM.
Old 11-10-14, 06:11 PM   #1019
Tonci87
Captain

Downloads: 116

Forgive me if this has already be asked, I was away for quite some time, but what is the main difference between this and Sobers Mod list?
Tonci87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-14, 08:52 AM   #1020
Echolot
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 567

Hi.

Let's say I want to play WoS on a 21:9 monitor (2560x1080) does anyone know which values I need to edit (in cameras.cam via goblin editor) to get the correct FOV? Here is all the information I got until now.

Please help

Thank you and good hunting.

Echlot.
Echolot is offline   Reply With Quote