SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-06-11, 02:46 PM   #271
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Yes i am testing that right now - so good point i will delete these files!

The ,,wasserbomben'' it is like 66% acurate (33% of the sounds are ,,mute'' like in the rongel version)?
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-11, 02:54 PM   #272
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
guys, keep in mind that my diesel engine is special made to fit using the diesel startup procedure.
Ok, i see - i readed that in your post but i am a little bit confused - what exctly is this ,,engine startup procedure''? - special sounds to have the impresion that you are starting the engine?

You know why i like this EngineSoundsImproved_v1.0? - when i am at obs scope the engine sound it is like to high and in this EngineSoundsImproved_v1.0 the engine sound is lower. Maybe you will consider this in a new version of yours.

Starting from now i wil not use this because i do not want to lose the ,,engine startup procedure'' but i will cover my ears when i will be in obs scope area

Thanks!

Last edited by stoianm; 02-06-11 at 03:12 PM.
Old 02-06-11, 03:29 PM   #273
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
Ok, i see - i readed that in your post but i am a little bit confused - what exctly is this ,,engine startup procedure''? - special sounds to have the impresion that you are starting the engine?

You know why i like this EngineSoundsImproved_v1.0? - when i am at obs scope the engine sound it is like to high and in this EngineSoundsImproved_v1.0 the engine sound is lower. Maybe you will consider this in a new version of yours.

Starting from now i wil not use this because i do not want to lose the ,,engine startup procedure'' but i will cover my ears when i will be in obs scope area

Thanks!
you use the diesels while sitting at the OBS scope ??? lol

...you could also close the door to the engine room.

engine startup procedure is automaticaly used after surfacing and bat level below 99%. You should set your telegraph not higher than "halbe fahrt vorraus" (hatch to engine room closed) to have engines silent enough, fitting with the startup procedure. After startup procedure is running, and diesels are online, set engine telegraph higher while procedure still running if you like. Of course this is functional if using the right values in TDW options file or using the one comming optional with this mod.

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-11, 03:34 PM   #274
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
you use the diesels while sitting at the OBS scope ??? lol

...you could also close the door to the engine room. you have right - never thinking to close the door

engine startup procedure is automaticaly used after surfacing and bat level below 99%. You should set your telegraph not higher than "halbe fahrt vorraus" (hatch to engine room closed) to have engines silent enough, fitting with the startup procedure. After startup procedure is running, and diesels are online, set engine telegraph higher while procedure still running if you like. Of course this is functional if using the right values in TDW options file or using the one comming optional with this mod.
this is very interesting - i go to test that

Thanks!
Old 02-06-11, 07:23 PM   #275
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

Thank you very much Stormfly for your mod.

I have a few questions:

1) how about cheering crew? Now, clapping and cheers only when the ship is sunk by one torpedo immediately? I liked when the crew cheered every time I hit the ship ...

2) I tested your mod 4 hours and I miss too much sample "Na Kriechenbaum, wie ist Ihr Gefühl", when I see the convoy ... One of the best sounds with real flair!

3) What it means "overhauled: TDC_Pistol_I sample" please? I miss the sound "Aufschlagzünder" or "Magnetzünder" when determining the pistol.
When shooting in speed (which is almost always), it is important for me to have a fuse that IWO repeat my orders and I hear what pistol I used ...

4) We're talking about a new sound - starting of diesels. I'm standing in the engine room, trying different speeds, but I hear nothing new. What is the new sound, please? It is probably only for users of TDW´s UI (I use reaper7´s UI - I used this UI with vers. 1.2 and absolutely no problems).

5) New version still contains the usual sounds of the crew, such as runny nose and coughing, etc., what was the version 1.2?

Thank you very much Stormfly for support!

Last edited by Sepp von Ch.; 02-06-11 at 08:37 PM.
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-11, 10:13 PM   #276
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef von Posorschitz View Post
Thank you very much Stormfly for your mod.

I have a few questions:

1) how about cheering crew? Now, clapping and cheers only when the ship is sunk by one torpedo immediately? I liked when the crew cheered every time I hit the ship ...

2) I tested your mod 4 hours and I miss too much sample "Na Kriechenbaum, wie ist Ihr Gefühl", when I see the convoy ... One of the best sounds with real flair!

3) What it means "overhauled: TDC_Pistol_I sample" please? I miss the sound "Aufschlagzünder" or "Magnetzünder" when determining the pistol.
When shooting in speed (which is almost always), it is important for me to have a fuse that IWO repeat my orders and I hear what pistol I used ...

4) We're talking about a new sound - starting of diesels. I'm standing in the engine room, trying different speeds, but I hear nothing new. What is the new sound, please? It is probably only for users of TDW´s UI (I use reaper7´s UI - I used this UI with vers. 1.2 and absolutely no problems).

5) New version still contains the usual sounds of the crew, such as runny nose and coughing, etc., what was the version 1.2?

Thank you very much Stormfly for support!
1.) there where to much complains, crew cheering with every torp hit get boring over time.

2.) did you installed "always crying WO in normal mode"? ...you could also try switching silent running on/off, sample should be there.

3.) after launching a torpedo, the *******ing switch immediateley switch to its default position destroying the torp launch moment by puping which injetion type will be the next.

4.) in Your case, you have to switch it manualy, after surfacing standing in central compartment, close to the right engine telegraph using the "R" key.

5.) iam sorry, cant understand your question.

Old 02-06-11, 10:54 PM   #277
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

1.) try it again without silent running, crew cheers are disabled in silent running.

5.) i got it, if your sound setting are high enough, and listen in torpedo or electric engines room, there are new crew activities to hear from time to time, also if you stay long enough very close to the radio station, there is something new.

The flashing warning icon will trigger additional new crew noises (Rongels Battlestations sound mod), but the new samples i exchanged with it are to loud as i mentioed already, so ithink these need to be fixed.

Last edited by Stormfly; 02-07-11 at 02:34 AM.
Old 02-07-11, 04:18 AM   #278
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174

Hooray! Congratulations, a great sound mod! It's nice to be part of it.

Quote:
The flashing warning icon will trigger additional new crew noises (Rongels Battlestations sound mod), but the new samples i exchanged with it are to loud as i mentioed already, so ithink these need to be fixed.
These warnign_started and warning_expired sounds are a bit tricky, I love that I get some feedback when something is happening, but they are repeated too heavily sometimes. Especially when traveling through shallow waters.

I have have to admit that I use my own "lite" version of this mod that icludes only the sounds and no scripts or key configs because I build some time ago working configurations and don't want to change everything again. Still, it works great and I can suggest it to people who don't want so many changes to their configurations. Great work Stormfly!
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-11, 06:28 AM   #279
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Quote:
1.) there where to much complains, crew cheering with every torp hit get boring over time.
Thank you for your answer Stormfly

ad 1) I'm sorry that these sounds have disappeared. I play with a large percentage of reality, including sensors, and I not find and sink a enemy ship every day, so I never get tired of cheering crew

Quote:
1.) try it again without silent running, crew cheers are disabled in silent running.
I tested it with normal running (not silent running).
I need to test more. Yesterday, I stood by your great mod "only" 4 hours:-))
Old 02-07-11, 06:36 AM   #280
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Hi stormfly,

I tested your new version with MO and is OK - your sh file (i used S3D to compare) has all the data (and many more of cource) that TDW use in his sh file in his MO (so your new mod is compatible with tdw FIX wich is included in MO).

Salute!

P.S. I have a quiq quest: if i use Speech fixes and additions (german version) mod i must to enable this mod before or after your sound mod?

Last edited by stoianm; 02-07-11 at 11:10 AM.
Old 02-07-11, 02:12 PM   #281
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
Hi stormfly,

I tested your new version with MO and is OK - your sh file (i used S3D to compare) has all the data (and many more of cource) that TDW use in his sh file in his MO (so your new mod is compatible with tdw FIX wich is included in MO).

Salute!

P.S. I have a quiq quest: if i use Speech fixes and additions (german version) mod i must to enable this mod before or after your sound mod?
thank you for testing it with MO, good to know.

Speech fixes and additions is a nice important mod but if installing DBSM collection not nessesary, because allready included or fixed by myself.

...updated first post regarding a little hotfix for the HUD warning samples.

Old 02-07-11, 02:27 PM   #282
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
thank you for testing it with MO, good to know.

Speech fixes and additions is a nice important mod but if installing DBSM collection not nessesary, because allready included or fixed by myself.

...updated first post regarding a little hotfix for the HUD warning samples.
Thank you for your time to respond at my questions!

I sure will read the first post to see what is the fix!

Best regards!
Old 02-07-11, 04:29 PM   #283
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Hey Stormfly, i love these new sounds while shooting torpedoes I and IV! Great sound, great mod, great job!
Perfect feeling! Any chance to add in the future these sounds for tube II, III and V? I'm not ungrateful! Just asking New version is really great! I'm glad that you added these atmospheric sounds! I've always worked in SH5 and SH4 only with the mouse. Now I cklick "nonstop" shift+F1 and Shift + F4

Thank you VERY much!
Old 02-07-11, 05:18 PM   #284
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef von Posorschitz View Post
Hey Stormfly, i love these new sounds while shooting torpedoes I and IV! Great sound, great mod, great job!
Perfect feeling! Any chance to add in the future these sounds for tube II, III and V? I'm not ungrateful! Just asking New version is really great! I'm glad that you added these atmospheric sounds! I've always worked in SH5 and SH4 only with the mouse. Now I cklick "nonstop" shift+F1 and Shift + F4

Thank you VERY much!
glad that you like it, i couldn find any good clean enough DB samples regarding tube II,III.V...

Old 02-08-11, 05:49 AM   #285
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Hi guys,

i had playing few hours with the new version of stormys sound mod enabled and i must to admit: it is just...great.

I tested the new ,,startup engine procedure'' - so cool sounds there

About me, it is for sure a ,,must have sound mod'' for SH5

Thanks!

Tags
favorite