SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-17, 10:00 AM   #1
phelan1777
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default You're very own "Red October" moment!

I'm writing this to hear about others experiences where you use the other boat's fish against it.

My one time thus far since I started playing CW, was completely unintentional and awesome when I realize what happened.

I was trying to dodge three fish, two helcopter dropped and one sub launched against an Akula (NATO). The two air dropped had descended as I was diving 20 degree down angle and passing 500 ft, while I was tracking the Akula to come around behind her, she detected me and fired on a turn as I was building speed to get away from the two air dropped. I had already launched a noise maker and a moss to cover my aft. (I'm not a skilled skipper so fault me not :-P)

I passed under the Akula as we were turning into each other and lost track of the sub launched fish as it was still seeking but the other two were had tracked on me. Hoping that the noise from the Akula would confuse the other two fish, as I continue my turn and go to go shallow, I hear the quick loud ping, thinking that of the air launch fish were close, only to see the Akula's fish pass right by me and hit the Akula bow on!

I actually screamed YAH! Hahaha I'm sad. I know.