SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-30-13, 03:52 PM   #226
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
yes, more or less. But I am also thinking about radar/hydrophone malfunctioning when their stations are damaged rather than their external sensors/antennas
And one more interesting finding... Even small percent of damage at the GHG hydrophone receiver (box connected to the bone, destructible=No) will cause complete lose of sound at the station but, only for player, until receiver is completely repaired! Yet, this wont effect AI ability to give you bearings...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-13, 04:46 PM   #227
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Question Gap...What will happen with diesel engine if receive damage with definition like this?

Ok, i will answer then...NOTHING, engine still gets repaired and efficiency drop is the same like without changes?! The only thing it's changed is repair time...This leads to the conclusion that there is (somewhere) some file which is also taken into account...Comment?
Sorry for the late reply. According to your settings, even small damage percents should have caused complete loss of funcionality, and should have been unreparable. My conclusion? Probably the repair_skill and repairtime_in_hours setings are not used in game and, as you are suggesting, peformance drops and repair skills are calculated some other way.

Quote:
And one more interesting finding... Even small percent of damage at the GHG hydrophone receiver (box connected to the bone, destructible=No) will cause complete lose of sound at the station but, only for player, until receiver is completely repaired! Yet, this wont effect AI ability to give you bearings...
Have you tried testing without New UI's / TDW's hydrophone fix patch? Hydrophone detection routines have been heavily modded by TDW, and it is possible that while fixing the general feature, he somehow bypassed the need for a sensor controller...

Another possible test could be removing manually hydrophone controllers from the sim file, and seeing if Benno is still able to detect anything
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-13, 09:21 AM   #228
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:

V5 Modifications:
- Hydrophone will now take damage and this will effect player ability to use it. At this stage, only KDB9 will be completely destructible.
- Reworked damage menu, added new slots for KDB hyd. receivers, rudders, propellers and various antennas.
- Damage levels for most of the equipment will now be property shown and calculated in damage menu, except for some flak guns, depending on which upgrade pack you have on board...Yet, they will still take damage...
- Added slots for every individual compartment which will show current state of the pressure hull (flooding intensity).
- Correct German names for equipment in damage menu! Don't panic, technical description is still in English...
- Added textures from awesome Nauticalwolf's_Damage_and_Torpedo_UI(b)_Mod which will much better suit with reworked damage menu.
- Introduced new damage description for engines and batteries, with level of 10%, in the attempt to simulate unrepairable levels of damage .
- Save bug somewhat subdued by linking external equipment with their internal stations (radars,hydrophones)
- Added collision spheres for external equipment(antennas, prop.,rudders, planes), this should contribute better damage calculation...
New campaign is needed.
OK, I've upload version 5... Tested as much as i can, upgrades are shown propertly, no CTD registered.
Old 10-01-13, 09:50 AM   #229
SnipersHunter
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 201
Uploads: 0

Allright trying it out tumorrow if i have enough time to play
SnipersHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-13, 11:28 AM   #230
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
OK, I've upload version 5
the B grade your mod has scored in the download section is still too low for such a promising project. We should aim for an A+; et's work on it

For a start, I am going to create the destructible GHG hydrophone righ away. Stay tuned
Old 10-01-13, 11:56 AM   #231
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Rgr that Gap!

Just fixing something with type VIIb damage menu...v5.1 very soon...
Old 10-01-13, 11:56 AM   #232
plj
Captain

Downloads: 70

I don't care about forum rules ... this is ****ing amazing!

Just rearanged my modlist, plugged this in .. looking good! I have only one very unimportant request, and that would be an english version
I can learn German if I must, but just changed back to English and this is kinda odd .. tho I could roleplay it in and live with it

Thanks!
plj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-13, 12:15 PM   #233
vdr1981
Navy Seal

NAaah, not good...I must check all the files again...Don't start new campaign with v5 yet...

@Plj
No problems with that...
Old 10-01-13, 12:31 PM   #234
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
NAaah, not good...I must check all the files again...Don't start new campaign with v5 yet...
Old 10-01-13, 01:58 PM   #235
plj
Captain

Downloads: 70

Could this explain a total computer freeze I experienced ? Just cruising along, no contacts, no damage .. 2 hours out of Memel or so .. ?
plj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-13, 02:39 PM   #236
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
That's what I was talking about long ago.. more heavy mods and game won't start at all..
I still can't start new career after PC update.. if I remove some heavy mods, no matter which mods exactly, everything starts fine.. if I keep all the mods which were before and add new ones - CTD on campaign start..
Probably game's engine can't work with all the mods, scripts etc..

EDIT: that's the same as some users can't start new campaign using silentotto.. when they removed this mod or other mod everything starts fine..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-13, 02:59 PM   #237
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
That's what I was talking about long ago.. more heavy mods and game won't start at all..
I still can't start new career after PC update.. if I remove some heavy mods, no matter which mods exactly, everything starts fine.. if I keep all the mods which were before and add new ones - CTD on campaign start..
Probably game's engine can't work with all the mods, scripts etc..

EDIT: that's the same as some users can't start new campaign using silentotto.. when they removed this mod or other mod everything starts fine..
Using version 4: Entered MARE NOSTRUM silentotto with all the mods listed on next line, includingy OH II V2.2, not OH 2.0.
No CTD when starting a new campaign. Last modlist is stated in this thread within last few days.

Want to send me a PM with English version 5 or 5.1 please (unless on first post now)? I will run testing later with all mods I use as a new campaign and career and attempt to use the silentotto feature.

Maybe some mod issues. check post #3 in JSGME for help.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-13, 03:03 PM   #238
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

...still a ctd while entering mare nostrom, i also have a ctd if asking the navigator for dept below kiel, can someone verify ?

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-13, 03:19 PM   #239
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
Using version 4: Entered MARE NOSTRUM silentotto with all the mods listed on next line, includingy OH II V2.2, not OH 2.0.
No CTD when starting a new campaign. Last modlist is stated in this thread within last few days.
I wasn't talking about this mod.. I was talking about this game..
Thank you Mike, but I don't need your mod-list.. I have my own list and almost all mods in my list were edited by me.. and my list worked fine.. just this game doesn't want to work properly with too many heavy mods..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
Maybe some mod issues. check post #3 in JSGME for help.
What for?

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-13, 03:24 PM   #240
vdr1981
Navy Seal

In 5 min guys, double tested every file...Somehow i uploaded wrong upc file(if you could see my desktop you would know what i/m talking about). But, now it should be OK!