SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-18-11, 02:48 PM   #6061
ETsd4
中国水兵

Downloads: 91
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antar View Post
Is possible to put into sghip's journals logs about time, course and speed?
It can help to use Real Nav...

For example:
1) start mission

2) 1st course change:
15.23, after 17 km course is changed to 090

3) 2nd course change:
18.36, after 103 km course is changed to 080

If you steer manually you get time and course in the log. So it is always there.

And with the distance: The point of doing real navigation is that YOU have to figure out where you are and that YOU have to act and decide under total uncertainty. That is the point.

So the help of your bloody computer (even with inaccuracies) in any real navigation gameplay is counterproductive.
ETsd4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-11, 10:51 PM   #6062
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

v6.3.0 patch 5 released. See post #1 for details.

Unofficially this can be used with Magnum Opus. I'm not going to release patch 3 for MO until this patch is verified and working correctly by you all. If you want to use this with MO then this has to be enabled last.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-11, 03:45 AM   #6063
DrJones
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 341
Default Option to Compute a Solution by 1WO

Hi @ All,

What about the funtkion to compute a solution to a choosen target by the 1WO. When i have a look at sh3 i can decide if i want to make a solution on my own or i decide i am the captain and my officer is making a solution. TDW do you think it's possible to implement this function?

Another thing which is annoying me is, that whenever you choose to make an attack with yout deck gun, and i let my crew attack the target and i choose another target with the binos always the order is given "man the deck gun". I think it's sounds not very realistic, when the order is given all the time when you choose another target.

I think it's also not very realistic, that you can use the deck gun or the flak when it is not manned before.

I tried to find it out on my own, but i still was not very successful with it.

TDW do you think there is an way to implement these functions.

It would be great.

Thanks!!!
DrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-11, 03:58 AM   #6064
harag
A-ganger

Downloads: 67

TDW,

Thanks for patch 5, though I'm waiting for the one for the MO, but I'll put patch 5 over MO to try it out.

Spotted this change though:

-updated scope mods with information/files from Trevally and toniloCoyote

I noticed in the MRP version you have sub folders for the different screens now with the RAOBF files in. Does this now mean we DON'T need the "NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_6x_6x_7x_RAOBF_patch_stock_scope " mod installed.

So all we need to do is pick the correct one for our resolution, in my case:

Emtgufs Aspect ratio 16_9
or
MRP 16x9 ratio

Looking forward to the offical MO patch.
Thanks.
harag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-11, 06:54 AM   #6065
pascal4541
Officer

Downloads: 434

Thanks fot this job TheDarkWraith

Rampage Formula X48+E8600@4600Mhz H24+Corsair H50+4X2Go GSkill Trident PC9600+Sapphire HD6870@ 960/4600Mhz+WD Raptor 74Go+WD CaviarBlack 500Gox2+Samsung F1 500Go+CoolerMaster M850W+7-64Bits

Last edited by pascal4541; 01-19-11 at 08:33 AM.
pascal4541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-11, 06:59 AM   #6066
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by harag View Post
I noticed in the MRP version you have sub folders for the different screens now with the RAOBF files in. Does this now mean we DON'T need the "NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_6x_6x_7x_RAOBF_patch_stock_scope " mod installed.

So all we need to do is pick the correct one for our resolution
the 'NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_6x_6x_7x_RAOBF_patch_stock_scope ' is not needed unless you are using stock scopes with a modifed cameras.cam file that has the scopes at 6x,6x,7x zoom levels.

Now just pick the correct scope mod from those listed for your resolution and you are good to go
Old 01-19-11, 07:21 AM   #6067
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antar View Post
Unfortunatelly nothing happens - at the ship's journal U021(THEDARK Wraith) still existed.
At 5.9.3 all works fine.
The ship's journal app has been updated in patch 5. You should be able to take previous journals and have the ship's journal app convert them to the new style way. I was able to take the file (journal) you sent me and convert it to new style with the app.
Old 01-19-11, 08:48 AM   #6068
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
The ship's journal app has been updated in patch 5. You should be able to take previous journals and have the ship's journal app convert them to the new style way. I was able to take the file (journal) you sent me and convert it to new style with the app.

I can confirm that this works fine!

//
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-11, 10:45 AM   #6069
Obelix
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 124
Uploads: 7

Rus translation for v6.3.5 (6.3.0 with patch 5) + fixed an inaccurate translation of previous versions.
Link
Old 01-19-11, 11:30 AM   #6070
harag
A-ganger

TDW

BUGS FOUND

I'm using MO, but have the UI patch 5 installed. (yes I know it's not official for the MO mod.)

1. On the XO TDC screen, when I click range and use stedimeter then click back the range still says 500, or even if I enter the range manually.
2. on the XO TDC, same for speed, and even AOB.

3. All the settings on the XO TDC screen didnt change. I then clicked on the ship type and got a Crash to desktop

4. Open up the radio report screen, then I press (F3) which is my MAP key. I then close my map (esc) and the radio screen is still open, I try to close the window with the "X" button, but nothing happens, I have to click the radio icon on the top right (bottom one) twice, once to "open" it and again to "close" it.

#4 was in before patch 5, but the 1-3 are since I added patch 5 to my MO mod.

Cheers,

EDIT: - Just reloaded the game after the CTD - and bugs 1-3 don't appear to be there now. they seem to be working as before, strange, but #4 is still the same. cheers.

Last edited by harag; 01-19-11 at 11:59 AM.
Old 01-19-11, 11:36 AM   #6071
harag
A-ganger

Hi Again TDW,

I was wondering, is it possible to have a "volume" control on Grammaphone. When I'm up on dock or in the control room, the engine noise drowns out the songs. I've tried changing the "music" sound control, but that doesn't work, so I'm guessing they are tied into the "SFX" sound.

If this isn't possible, does anyone know of a way to equalise all the MP3 files to be the same level, and also increase them a little?

Cheers,
Old 01-19-11, 12:13 PM   #6072
harag
A-ganger

TDW

Radio messages.

Going down the Kiel Canal I'm at a bend with one ship close by and no others within the 8000 limit. The ship reported me and 3 minutes later I recieved another message with the same location, but this time the ship name is different.

Is the ship name random for each message? or is the name assigned to a ship and never changes. Looking at the two messages I received it appears that it's random.
Old 01-19-11, 12:31 PM   #6073
pfeillant
Watch

Downloads: 13
Default 6.3.5

hi TDW
I play 3 hours under the 6.3.5, no problem.
I send you the menu.txt french 6.3.5 for your next release
best regards
pfeillant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-11, 01:04 PM   #6074
Gauthier
Watch

Downloads: 100

Hi all,

mission: range AOB practice from Trevally, is it normal that the stadimeter show me 1628m for the tanker at bearing 335?
Secondly, the mast of this ship is given in stadimeter window at 90m! Is it normal?

New UI and patch 5, MRP16/9 and Trevally Range AOB practice

Tks
Gauthier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-11, 03:14 PM   #6075
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by harag View Post
TDW

Radio messages.

Going down the Kiel Canal I'm at a bend with one ship close by and no others within the 8000 limit. The ship reported me and 3 minutes later I recieved another message with the same location, but this time the ship name is different.

Is the ship name random for each message? or is the name assigned to a ship and never changes. Looking at the two messages I received it appears that it's random.
each ship in the game is assigned a ship name. It's possible that a ship spawned close to you while going down the canal.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui