SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-18-23, 11:50 PM   #346
Archive1
Commander

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0

Blackswan:
Sorry sir:

1. Have set the commander path to: "SH3 path: E:\Games\LSH#-2022"
2. Start game - seems to load on the splash screen
Career screen
Saved sub commander
Start
Saved Career
Load Saved .......the red Load strip starts and CTD about 1/3 along its edge.
Archive1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-23, 11:53 PM   #347
Archive1
Commander

Sorry the whole reply thing loaded before I said:
THEN I GET A BLACK EMPTY CTD SCREEN.

We have progressed but I do not have a fully loaded LSH3-2022 program that actually functions and works.
Archive1
Old 12-29-23, 06:48 PM   #348
Archive1
Commander

Blackswan:
I decided to clean away my troublesome LSH3 2022 and download a new clean version. I clicked on the download button (on your "torpedo" logo) and got a download. But when I try to extract the files, it wants a password. What password? There is no password.

So, now what? Now there is no LSH3 2022 at all on my unit and I cannot get the exe file to extract.

We are going backwards.
-=Archive=-
Old 12-29-23, 07:50 PM   #349
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 589
Uploads: 30

Hi Archive1 you have a PM from me with LSH2022 Download link from my mediafire site.

kind regards blackswan40
blackswan40 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-23, 10:52 PM   #350
Archive1
Commander

Blackswan:
Well. that's fine but I have no idea how to open your Mediafire site.
I have recovered my previously deleted LSH3 2022 from the recycle site, but it still crashed to DT about 30% along its opening, whether from Commander or directly from LSH3. Although it displays the proper 4 experienced sub commanders with their proper # of missions.
And the download of the new, clean LSH3 2022.exe will not open at all because of some 'password' requirement by either 7zip or Winzip, I suppose - neither of which has any password set up.
An awful start to any new year...but Happy New Year to you anyway.
-=Archive1=-
Old 12-30-23, 11:20 PM   #351
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 589
Uploads: 30

Hi Archive1 the LSH2023 download link i sent you from my mediafire site you just click on the download link and it downloads a new LSH2023 but you have to have a stock SH3 installed.
blackswan40 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-24, 11:44 PM   #352
Archive1
Commander

Blackswan:
I presume that means clicking on the LSH3 DOWNLOAD on the far left of your torpedo icon. That is the one I selected and downloaded from the other night. That gave me: LSH3-2022-FULL.EXE. Ok, great. But when I click on it, it demands a password. Huh. Is it compacted in some password protected version of WinZip? I usually use 7-zip and have no password setup. When I clicked again on the same LSH3 DOWNLOAD, it told me it would take 10 hours to download. A non-starter, obviously.
I do have SH3 on the same drive as the older LSH3 download that once worked without fail. And while that program seems to load from Commander or directly from the SH3 exe icon, with the proper veteran sub commanders, it crashes to DT about 30% along the loading strip. I have tried it multiple times.
This is all very frustrating, and I am at a total loss to know what is going on, and why after a very long time of no problems at all. Am a reasonably patient guy, but really!
Appreciate the patience and contact. And a Happy New Year, or maybe a happier New Year?
-=Archive1=-
Old 01-04-24, 12:18 AM   #353
Archive1
Commander

Blackswan:
I did get a notice (or something like) when the loading of LSH3 2022 failed: "The following were not found ; MissionEngine.dll, Into.dll, Kernel.dll, MessageNet.dll."

However, they are in fact all present in the program files of LSH3 2022 that is trying to load and crashes to desktop. Why does this LSH3 2022 not find files that are actually present in its file structure?
-=Archive1=-
Old 01-07-24, 05:25 PM   #354
Kap
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 28
Support

Hello all,
I cannot install LSH3.
I download the installation file, extract it. Then, a window opens but I cannot click on any icon. You can see in the attachment where I am stuck basically.
Any idea?
I use Windows 10, 32 GB RAM, Ryzen 1600x and GTX1070.
Thanks a lot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Unbenannt.JPG (35.6 KB, 12 views)
Kap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-24, 11:30 PM   #355
Archive1
Commander

KAP:
You know, I have never seen that screen. the one that I am familiar with merely asks for "English or German"...and then loads directly.

Maybe just delete that download and do another...then see what you get. But be advised, I am not one of the LSH3 programmers or elder statesmen...just an experienced user.
-=Archive1=-
Old 01-08-24, 11:33 PM   #356
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Kap!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-24, 12:14 AM   #357
Archive1
Commander

All:
There is a bigger, more serious problem here. I just tried to download LSH3 2022 from multiple LSH3 senior people, ie, Blackswan and others - by clicking on the "torpedo" icon.

And the message I get from Microsoft is: "LSH3 -2022 INSTALLATION.EXE isn't commonly downloaded. Make sure you trust LSH3 2022." and when I look for it in my Cownload folder, it is not there.

Folks we have a serious problem here, and not much activity in addressing the LSH3 website and support problems. My unaddressed difficulties are one thing...I am an old user, but ignoring Newbies will kill the whole program. Maybe that's the goal.
-=Archive1=-
Old 01-09-24, 10:27 PM   #358
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

There is usually a "link" in the dialog box that pops up and tells you that, usually to the middle left. But I am at a loss to remember the wording, and I cannot get it to come up on my computer at the moment to refresh my memory. But you click on the link, and it takes you do another dialog, and you tell it to "Download it anyway". You can also go into Windows Defender and put the file name in the "whitelist" section.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-24, 01:16 AM   #359
Archive1
Commander

PropB:
Actually that does not happen when you click the "LSH3 2022 download" selection underneath the torpedo icon on the left. It opens a full-page download screen and when one selects "LSH3 2022 exe" to download , it immediately begins to download as indicated by a small window, top right of the main screen that displays the download rate and progress. However, when one then goes to C:/Download and looks for the LSH3 2022.exe it is not there. Now once it was there, but it was password protected in a 7zip format...I never password protect 7zip stuff - and I could not open it.

Appreciate the reply, but we are getting nowhere fast.

(And I don't see any reply of real assistance from any senior LSH3 people for the Newbie that had a download problem next to my request for help - besides my minimal attempt at a response. Which goes to my comments concerning the state of affairs at LSH3,)

-=Archive1=-
Old 01-11-24, 08:06 AM   #360
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 442

I attempted to down load from there and my Antivirus program would not permit a download. That may be what is happening to you.

You can try downloading it from here :

https://maikhaas.synology.me:5001/fs...EDITION%202015

LSH 2022 is at the bottom of the list.

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

FUBAR295 is offline   Reply With Quote