Closed Thread

Old 04-21-22, 06:57 PM   #3346
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I toke a look at the map and it made me remember something.

Hungary is also pro Russia..Not so much as Serbia though

Markus
Don’t forget the pro Putin Belarus, look how good it’s going for them.

Can’t imagine Serbia and Hungary are all that eager to jump headfirst into a conflict and support someone nobody in the free world likes. That same someone who has already begun Stalinist purges and abandoned his own troops.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-21-22 at 07:08 PM.
Rockstar is online  
Old 04-21-22, 07:16 PM   #3347
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
propaganda or threat ?

Markus
It doesn’t matter to me, each will be met with an appropriate response.

“Don’t start nothing, won’t be nothing” - Albert Einstein

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online  
Old 04-21-22, 10:26 PM   #3348
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Yes Putin doesn't want NATO in his backyard because he made it clear that he intended to bring all of the former Soviet states under Russian control again whether they like it or not. Those states then began seeking NATO membership to remain independent. Oops sorry Georgia too late, oh and sorry southeastern Ukraine too late. You call this western aggression but give the war criminals a free pass.
Answer me this what does NATO membership bring to a country that is accepted? Please do tell us all the great things that comes with that country club membership.That the taxpayers that fund the U.S. government get for all their hard earned money. And why would any country want to join nato when they could join the Eu or the Asian trade market's and stay out of military conflict based on their trade all together.?

Last edited by Gorpet; 04-21-22 at 10:42 PM.
Old 04-21-22, 10:57 PM   #3349
Gorpet
Still Searching

Quote:
Yes Putin doesn't want NATO in his backyard because he made it clear that he intended to bring all of the former Soviet states under Russian control again whether they like it or not. Those states then began seeking NATO membership to remain independent. Oops sorry Georgia too late, oh and sorry southeastern Ukraine too late. You call this western aggression but give the war criminals a free pass.
And Nato comprises many countries on the European Continent.Why can't these countries deal with this problem? Are you so weak amongst yourselves that without American political guidance and our military power you can't defend your own countries and solve this problem? If this is true you need a revolution and get rid of the old politicians and their families that run your countries.
Old 04-22-22, 12:27 AM   #3350
Gorpet
Still Searching

Quote:
Re. Gorpet's comment. Why do you defend Putin? Ukraine did not start the war and would have been perfectly happy without it but Putin has grand plans and control over what media your average Ivan gets. Freedom of the press to confront and ridicule the state, while often being misused and abused, is still light years ahead of state controlled media.

I'll fix this for you.
Hell ya, who gives a shtt what the Ukrainian people think. I just can't believe Russia and its people wholeheartedly believe what they see on state controlled Russian media.
And i can't believe here in America the breadbasket of the new world order the leaders of Democracy and Transparency for all Citizens of the Planet we can't see from the news media and or our Transparent Governments,both sides in equal representation given to the World. I have heard the word Transparency spouted out of the mouths of Politicians for so long i laugh and yawn.How much money does it cost the taxpayer for the Transparency a word that flies out of every single Politicians mouth from the local council member to the highest members of the political party that runs a country that will decide who is your enemy what your future will be.

There are rumor's that Zelinskiy and the ruling families of Ukraine are eliminating all resistance of any political parties that want an end to this war. So where can we find this Transparency ? Is this true ? And where the weapons givers to make sure this isn't happening and the Transparency of it all ?

Last edited by Gorpet; 04-22-22 at 12:43 AM.
Old 04-22-22, 12:55 AM   #3351
Gorpet
Still Searching

Quote:
China has nothing to do with this war and is smart enough to let Russia bleed itself out.
Ah yes, Sun Tzu well let's see if that works out for them in the long run, I must say they have a damn good start so we shall see.
Old 04-22-22, 05:26 AM   #3352
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Russian forces took 40 villages in east Ukraine on Thursday, but President Zelensky says these and other gains are only temporary.

"They can only delay the inevitable, the time when the invaders will have to leave our territory," Mr Zelensky said.

Physical damage to Ukraine's buildings and infrastructure from Russia's invasion has reached roughly $60bn (£46bn), according to the World Bank.

The UN says the Ukraine war is a "horror story of violations against civilians", as it investigates more than 300 alleged unlawful killings in the country.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Old 04-22-22, 05:31 AM   #3353
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

A court in Moscow has fined Google's parent company Alphabet Inc for failing to remove contentious videos.

The US tech giant was handed two fines totalling 11m roubles ($135,000; £155,000) for "administrative violations". The Tagansky District Court in Moscow said the company had distributed inaccurate data about Russian troop losses and civilian casualties in Ukraine, according to TASS news agency.

One of the videos was said to show a phone conversation between Russian soldiers and their relatives back home. The troops were said to be complaining of casualties in their ranks.

Some foreign social media platforms, including Facebook and Instagram, have been blocked in Russia. YouTube, however, remains available.

Russia's communications watchdog has previously said it would take steps to punish Google for "spreading fakes" on YouTube, and had warned the US company it would be fined if it failed to comply.

Jimbuna is online  
Old 04-22-22, 05:34 AM   #3354
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Mariupol steelworks: 'We have wounded and dead inside the bunkers'

One of the last Ukrainian defenders in Mariupol has told the BBC that the besieged steelworks where they are holed up is largely destroyed above ground and civilians are trapped under collapsed buildings.

Speaking from the Azovstal plant - the last part of Mariupol not under Russian control - Svyatoslav Palamar from the controversial Azov regiment said defenders had repelled waves of Russian attacks.

"I always say that as long as we are here, Mariupol remains under control of Ukraine," he said.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61183062

Jimbuna is online  
Old 04-22-22, 05:44 AM   #3355
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ They need to be relieved, all of them. Fat chance that anoyne of the Ukrainians survives withour exterior help.
It seems only the chechen fighters have been left to deal with the ukrainian defenders, the other russian military moves on north.
Time for a special operation.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 04-22-22, 05:47 AM   #3356
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

^ It must be like living in hell inside those underground bunkers.

Jimbuna is online  
Old 04-22-22, 08:05 AM   #3357
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Russian forces took 40 villages in east Ukraine on Thursday, but President Zelensky says these and other gains are only temporary.
Well he has to say that, but not a good sign that the Ukrainian defenses are collapsing. Problem with this war is they we are only hearing what the Ukrainians are saying which may have little to do with the reality on the ground.

There have been warning signs:

1. Russian switched tactics to using massive artillery bombardments. The Russian Army has always been very much artillery centric and they are now going to their strength. There have been reports of Ukrainian units being under almost constant artillery fire;

2. There have been reports that Ukrainians have been blowing through their ammo at an alarming rates, typically expending a week's worth of ammo in a day, also reports that NATO countries have pretty much expended their reserves of readily available ammo/equipment and will have trouble supplying Ukraine at the same rate;

3. the fact that the U.S. is now providing what were top secret drones to Ukraine, i.e. the "Phoenix Ghost" drones which were top secret/classified until yesterday is not a sign that the Ukrainians have everything under control.

The Ukrainians may be in much worse shape than we think, we should have a better idea over the coming days.
Old 04-22-22, 08:22 AM   #3358
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Russia's communications watchdog has previously said it would take steps to punish Google for "spreading fakes" on YouTube, and had warned the US company it would be fined if it failed to comply.
I laugh at their face!!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Old 04-22-22, 11:02 AM   #3359
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorpet View Post
Answer me this what does NATO membership bring to a country that is accepted?
NATO members benefit from the promise of article 5.
Quote:
Please do tell us all the great things that comes with that country club membership.
Its article 5, and thats it. NATO is a military mutual assistance pact, and nothign more and nothing less and nothing else.

Quote:
That the taxpayers that fund the U.S. government get for all their hard earned money.
Now you are confusing national interests of the USA (which would then have to be named as geostrategic and global-logistic) and the interests of the other NATO members and those who want to become NATO members that you asked about.

Quote:
And why would any country want to join nato when they could join the Eu or the Asian trade market's and stay out of military conflict based on their trade all together.?
Because 1. this is this and that is that, and the EU has other purposes and goals and foci than NATO (you compare apples with oranges here: an economic-cultural alliance with a military defence alliance); and 2. non-membership in NATO does not mean that military conflict nevertheless finds you and gets enforced on you. With NATO's article 5 you may want to think you have better chances in that case.
Old 04-22-22, 11:11 AM   #3360
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

war is hell a wise man once said no it don't surprise me if they are going though ammo quick civilians and green troops and no telling how many are putting them on full auto spray and prey method atilitary and bombs going off ground shaking trying to hitting a moving target,running with a full combat load can get you breathing hard quick first time in combat your squeezing your insides to keep from pissing all over yourself your rear end pucker so tight a fart couldn't come out and you better hope it is a fart
Closed Thread