Old 05-02-24, 03:32 PM   #7831
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

<
This sentence made me wonder:
"the Courts to decide."

Platapus have on several occasion told me-Without VP's sign a President can't be removed...this has been in my memory until now.

Can a court decide on the matter whether a President has to be removed or not ?

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-24, 03:59 PM   #7832
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
<
This sentence made me wonder:
"the Courts to decide."

Platapus have on several occasion told me-Without VP's sign a President can't be removed...this has been in my memory until now.

Can a court decide on the matter whether a President has to be removed or not ?

Markus
When Nixon was impeached by the lower house he went to court but lost, and instead of continuing the fight, he voluntarily resigned from office. Maybe the VP had to sign off on it then too but honestly there’s nothing he can do about it anyway. If removal has been decided by both houses and the judiciary the vp’s signature is IMO probably nothing more than just a formality. I honestly don’t know though.

We have three branches of government. All I’m saying is it’s going to take a helluva lot more than just the lower house to remove a president, no matter how many ‘chilling’ headlines are written.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-24, 04:08 PM   #7833
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Bah ha ha, President Trump speaks a billion words and jumbles one up. Sleepy Joe can't even finish one sentence.

I was trying to get caladium out of my brain to my tongue the other day, couldn't do it. Guess it's time to enter hospice.
Old 05-02-24, 04:43 PM   #7834
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/05/01/o...man/index.html
Old 05-02-24, 04:47 PM   #7835
Skybird
Soaring

Biden pissing the Japanese is a idiotic as Obama pissing the ME.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/05/02/p...lly/index.html
Old 05-02-24, 06:25 PM   #7836
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Biden pissing the Japanese is a idiotic as Obama pissing the ME.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/05/02/p...lly/index.html
This is your friendly reminder that the Unites States has spent trillions to build up our nuclear deterrence and Biden is the only person in the world who can authorize release

P.S. he also gets to pick the targets.

Wonder what he accuses Germany of? Hope he remembers WWII has already ended.

Last edited by Rockstar; 05-02-24 at 06:54 PM.
Old 05-02-24, 06:30 PM   #7837
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Throwback to when Trump made fun of himself on Saturday Night Live.

https://x.com/historyinmemes/status/1786098328351936934

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-24, 06:56 PM   #7838
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Pro Palestinian supporters and pro Israel supporters have found common ground!

Old 05-02-24, 07:00 PM   #7839
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
This is your friendly reminder that the Unites States has spent trillions to build up our nuclear deterrence and Biden is the only person in the world who can authorize release

P.S. he also gets to pick the targets.
Who has more to lose? The owner of the American cities and economy or th ewoner of Russian cities and economy?

Its futile to blackmail a havenot.

Even more so if the latter is a born fatalist convinced of that everything in life is in vein from beginning on. Russians have perfected that philosophy.
Old 05-03-24, 12:28 PM   #7840
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
But it is not the payment itself or the relationship with Stormy that is the problem. No, Trump, on the other hand, is accused of having hidden the payment in his accounts.
https://ekstrabladet-dk.translate.go..._x_tr_pto=wapp

According to this newspaper a verdict may cost Trump a win in the election.

I say whatever the verdict-He is going to win.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-24, 07:22 PM   #7841
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

So much for the idea Democrats aren’t interested in foreign affairs.

Young Democrats warn Biden he must quickly change course
BY AMIE PARNES - 05/03/24 5:30 AM ET

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...change-course/

Quote:
Young Democratic voters are sounding the alarm and warning President Biden that his reelection bid could be in jeopardy if he doesn’t change course on the issues that matter most to them, including the war in Gaza.
While they have soured on Biden on a range of issues from cost of living to climate issues, the rash of protests at college campuses around the country has been the latest point of contention with the president.

“He will lose the election if he decides to roll the dice and assumes that Gaza isn’t at the top of minds right now,” said Elise Joshi, the executive director of Gen-Z for Change —which was once run under the name TikTok for Biden.
Joshi added that the last six months have seen “an increasing pace of concern” about the president.

The crisis in Gaza has been a tipping point for many young voters, and some polls have shown support dissolving for Biden.

Last month, a Harvard Youth Poll showed Biden’s support from voters ages 18-29 had slipped from about 60 percent in 2020 down to 45 percent.
A CNN poll last weekend also revealed that Biden was 11 percentage points behind Trump in a head-to-head match-up among young voters.
Some say Biden isn’t addressing some of the issues that matter most to young voters.

“It’s critical that President Biden recognize the voices of young people calling for peace in Gaza,” Girma said. “The Americans are calling for the end of unconditional military aid and a permanent cease-fire. The quickest way to end the unrest on college campuses is to listen to the majority of Americans and young students fighting for what is right.”

Biden was critical of the recent protests on college campuses Thursday, condemning vandalism and trespassing, adding that protesters at Columbia University and other campuses had the right to demonstrate peacefully.
“In moments like this, there are always those who rush in to score political points,” the president said in a speech at the White House. “But this isn’t a moment for politics. It’s a moment for clarity. So let me be clear … violent protest is not protected. Peaceful protest is.”

“Destroying property is not a peaceful protest; it’s against the law,” Biden added. “Vandalism, trespassing, breaking windows, shutting down campuses, forcing the cancellation of classes and graduation, none of this is a peaceful protest. Threatening people, intimidating people.

“Dissent is essential to democracy, but dissent must never lead to disorder,” he added.

Joshi blasted Biden’s comments, calling them “shameful.”

“To paint us as violent when police are the ones tear-gassing, shooting, and beating students, especially knowing he was elected in large part due to Black Lives Matter, is utterly shameful,” Joshi said.
An aide who worked on Biden’s 2020 campaign said the president’s remarks reflect the public’s overwhelming view on the protests.
Biden campaign aides say they have a “robust” operation to engage young voters and lure them to their column. Campaign aides say they have launched a youth outreach effort earlier than in previous cycles.

Since launching the campaign, they have also run digital ads targeting younger voters, including a current $30 million ad campaign.
The campaign has also leaned on surrogates including social media influencers to continue to highlight the administration’s policy wins, and separately in March it launched “Students for Biden-Harris,” a national organizing program that will help reach students across campuses.
Santiago Mayer, the executive director of Voters of Tomorrow, said the Biden administration actively engaged with the demographic.

“This is the first administration that has not only invited young people to the White House but has actively listened to us,” said Mayer, who has met with administration officials a number of times to discuss issues including gun violence prevention and climate issues. “They’re looking at young people as governing partners.”

Speaking of the protests at colleges, he said they’re directed not so much at the administration but at the leadership of their universities.
Matt Duss, executive vice president of the Center for International Policy, who also served as a foreign policy adviser to Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), said the Biden administration has been “the most progressive administration of my lifetime,” bolstering issues that are important to young voters including student debt relief.

Still, he said of the administration’s handling of the crisis in Gaza, “I don’t want to say it cancels it out, but it resonates in a serious way that does tend to overshadow in some young people’s minds — and some older people’s minds — all the good things he’s done.”

Given the choice between Biden and former President Trump, Duss predicted that many of the young voters who are protesting the administration’s inaction in Gaza will come home to Biden during the election.

But he cautioned that Biden’s handling of the situation in Gaza “is going to be a drag” on the reelection bid.

“It’s impossible to say how big of a drag, but it’s going to be a close election that even something that hurts him at the margins could make a difference,” Duss said.

Last edited by Rockstar; 05-04-24 at 09:56 AM.
Old 05-03-24, 07:38 PM   #7842
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Sleepy Joe just gave out some freedom to meddle to lots of the usual suspects.
Old 05-03-24, 11:42 PM   #7843
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Secretary Blinken toured an emergency call center in Tucson, where 40% of the calls they receive are related to fentanyl. The overdose crisis is devastating communities across the U.S.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...is/ar-AA1o76GL

https://www.dea.gov/sites/default/fi...20States_0.pdf

In other news

Expect to Hear Biden Talk Less About Ukraine

Quote:
May 2, 2024 at 1:36 pm EDT By Taegan Goddard 19 Comments

“President Joe Biden scored a massive foreign policy win with the passage of a foreign aid bill last week that included $60 billion for Ukraine,” Politico reports.

“But now, having cleared that hurdle, his team is poised to make America’s ongoing commitment to the Ukraine war less of a public focus, as it addresses an electorate preoccupied with economic concerns.”

“The cause of democracy will remain a central component of Biden’s reelection campaign — as a unifying thread to discuss everything from Ukraine and Donald Trump to abortion, gun safety and education — so White House and campaign aides said they do not foresee a relentless public relations push to bolster support for the war in Ukraine in the months ahead.”
Massive win huh? The guy already refused to use his presidential drawdown authority or the 6 billion appropriated specifically for use in Ukraine. The recently passed bill put in writing REQUIRING him to do what should have already done.

Last edited by Rockstar; 05-04-24 at 10:01 AM.