SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-26-11, 10:24 AM   #3136
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0

Did I read that we have a ice cream maker in 2.1...if so, where is the dang thing?
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 08:25 PM   #3137
iLikeGry
Nub

Downloads: 4

Hi,

I bought Silent Hunter 4 from Steam yesterday and absolutely love it!!!

Today I added U-boat missions as well as downloaded these three mods (running JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler):
- TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2
- TMO_Update_20_to_21
- RSRDC_TMO_V502

I'm in the middle of a career patrol, trying to see what's docked in Yokosuka port. It's night, very heavy storm, rain and the game crashes when I try to raise periscope there.

I haven't experienced a single issue playing "vanilla" version and (unless I'm mistaken), RSRDC doesn't change any related gameplay or graphic settings, leaving only TMO as a possible factor. Is this something any of you have experienced?

My computer info: Dual core 2.66GHz Intel processor, 4GB RAM, Nvidia 9800 GTX+, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

Thank you in advance...
iLikeGry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 09:18 PM   #3138
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3216

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLikeGry View Post
Hi,

Today I added U-boat missions as well as downloaded these three mods (running JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler):
- TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2
- TMO_Update_20_to_21
- RSRDC_TMO_V502

I'm in the middle of a career patrol, trying to see what's docked in Yokosuka port. It's night, very heavy storm, rain and the game crashes when I try to raise periscope there.

I haven't experienced a single issue playing "vanilla" version and (unless I'm mistaken), RSRDC doesn't change any related gameplay or graphic settings, leaving only TMO as a possible factor. Is this something any of you have experienced?

My computer info: Dual core 2.66GHz Intel processor, 4GB RAM, Nvidia 9800 GTX+, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

Thank you in advance...
Do you use 4GBPatch? I use it; without that patch, I have the same CTDs.

Recommended...

My actual JSGME for SH4 1.5:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\SH4\MODS]

TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2
TMO_Update_20_to_21
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
Convoy Routes TMO+RSRD
Poul-Sound for SH4
Webster's Missing Voices
speech_overhaul
Webster's Eliminate Floating Plankton
IJN_Rad_Fix_for_TMO2_betaupdate
Fixed Zero Bomb Load RSRDC
Fixed_CD_sonar_RSRDC
SCAF for RSRDC v502_2.0
TMO_Visuals_for_RSRDC
TMO_Sample_Emblem
TMO_Stock_Gramaphone

All works fine in all sceneries...with 4GbPatch.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 09:50 PM   #3139
iLikeGry
Nub

Downloads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Do you use 4GBPatch? I use it; without that patch, I have the same CTDs.
Just tried but got "sh4.exe unknown version" error. Guess it's because of Steam
iLikeGry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 10:25 PM   #3140
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Hi,

- TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2
- TMO_Update_20_to_21
- RSRDC_TMO_V502

Thank you in advance...
Don't think it would cause a crash, but you need the patch for RSRD. Also, make sure you're running DX9 and have you're shortcut pointed to sh4.exe, not gu.exe...shortcut/properties.

4gig patch wouldn't cause it....processor is a lil low.
Old 03-26-11, 11:38 PM   #3141
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Default fitzcarrado - try these

You might want to add Max Optics for TMO by Capn Scurvy.

I do not have the IJN radar fix for the beta update. I just use the IJN radar fix for TMO.

If it was me I would delete the Poule Sounds and replace it with EAXsoundsim with Webster's Mamuever by none other than Webster. I think it is better.

Download the Intercontinental Radio Mod by Caratio and you will have music coming out your ears (three German stations, Paris, Tokyo, NBC, CBS, BBC and Radio Hawaii.) It is acitvated by JGSME. You can also download a mod that sends Morse Code messages (which I cannot translate!)

Add extra allied naval bases mod and add damage to ships caused by fire mod (by The Dark Wraith)

If you do not have the 3,000 yd./meter bearing tool, it is worth it.

Download the Easy Aob for manual targeting. There is a version for TMO.

Take a look at Mobo by aaronblood. It is in the Mobo forum.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 12:34 AM   #3142
WH4K
Frogman

Downloads: 56

So there's still stuff wrong with the IJN's radar, not taken care of by the TMO 2.0->2.1 update?
Old 03-27-11, 07:54 AM   #3143
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Just tried but got "sh4.exe unknown version" error. Guess it's because of Steam
You have a PM.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
Old 03-27-11, 08:19 AM   #3144
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down View Post
You might want to add Max Optics for TMO by Capn Scurvy.

I do not have the IJN radar fix for the beta update. I just use the IJN radar fix for TMO.

If it was me I would delete the Poule Sounds and replace it with EAXsoundsim with Webster's Mamuever by none other than Webster. I think it is better.

Download the Intercontinental Radio Mod by Caratio and you will have music coming out your ears (three German stations, Paris, Tokyo, NBC, CBS, BBC and Radio Hawaii.) It is acitvated by JGSME. You can also download a mod that sends Morse Code messages (which I cannot translate!)

Add extra allied naval bases mod and add damage to ships caused by fire mod (by The Dark Wraith)

If you do not have the 3,000 yd./meter bearing tool, it is worth it.

Download the Easy Aob for manual targeting. There is a version for TMO.

Take a look at Mobo by aaronblood. It is in the Mobo forum.
Thanks for the suggestions!!!

The extra naval bases is totally compatible with RSRDC? That mod is for TMO...

I use the IJN radar fix for beta, because (I think) is compatible with the TMO 21. The mod is in the optionals of the IJN radar fix. Have you the optionals?

I had Max Optics, but the periscope view seems too large...I feel more immersion with a little view.... Now, only I use SCAF.

I don´t understand the suggestion of EAX subsim. I think EAX need the Poul sounds...Or not?

I have the Carotio radio pack (excellent), installed directly in SH4. I have a lot of music and radio packs installed, included sound tracks of film music and radios of my own.

I have also the Morse code mod, installed directly.

The 3000 Yrd Bearing, works with 1360x768 resolution? I read about some problems with the resolution.

Where is the Mobo forum? I want that mod!!!

My best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

P.D.: Please, can you put your JSGME list? I´m interested in the EAX-Webster sounds order.

Old 03-27-11, 09:07 AM   #3145
Armistead
Rear Admiral

You don't have to run Pouls with EAX. Pouls has some good sounds, but too many german voices for fleetboats. Another issue is a few sounds can hang up with TMO, but usually clear out. What you can do is use some of Pouls sounds and replace others or just search the net for sounds you like and replace them.

Look at the mods page, you should be able to find a 3000 tool for your resolution, the guy made several for different res.

I still run all of taters fixes for RSRD over TMO, not a compatible issue as much as fixes. RSRD will overwrite several of TMO's settings, so the fixes are still needed regardless of version.
Old 03-27-11, 09:15 AM   #3146
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
You don't have to run Pouls with EAX. Pouls has some good sounds, but too many german voices for fleetboats. Another issue is a few sounds can hang up with TMO, but usually clear out. What you can do is use some of Pouls sounds and replace others or just search the net for sounds you like and replace them.

Look at the mods page, you should be able to find a 3000 tool for your resolution, the guy made several for different res.

I still run all of taters fixes for RSRD over TMO, not a compatible issue as much as fixes. RSRD will overwrite several of TMO's settings, so the fixes are still needed regardless of version.
Thanks, Armistead.

What is a recommended sound pack for SH4 TMO RSRDC, better than Poul´s? I like some immersive sounds, and ambient sounds. EAX has ambient sounds?

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

Old 03-27-11, 09:28 AM   #3147
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Not really a sound pack for TMO. The best thing is to design your own sounds. Open different sound mods outside of the game and listen to them, if you like them and they have the same path you can paste to your sound folder and it will overwrite that sound or just copy the path name to the sound you like and paste it.

For instance if you look in sounds you'll find a file like

"Submarine_GQ_battle_stations_INT"

that gives you the voices and sounds when you go to battlestations, so it's bound to that key. You can replace it with something else, just make sure it makes sense for that action. Many use one of the old WW2 movie lines listed in the mods section. Just try to keep to the same bit rate and length with wav files within reason.

You can search wav files online, such as sub wav files, navy, etc.. DL to a folder and rename it with the exact path as the file your replacing, paste and overwrite. I've replaced torp sounds, electric shock, fire, clanks, etc..

Most of the wav files overwrite easily without problems, be cafeful if you mess with the oog speech files unless you know what you're doing.

Also watch for mods that overwrite your sh4 sounds folder. Certain mods change sounds, so they may overwrite any sound changes you do to the base game. Take EAX, it changes many sounds, so you'll need to make changes you like to the last mod that changes that sound file or make a folder and make yourself a seperate mod to overwrite and load it jsgme.

Last edited by Armistead; 03-27-11 at 10:01 AM.
Old 03-27-11, 11:31 AM   #3148
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
Not really a sound pack for TMO. The best thing is to design your own sounds. Open different sound mods outside of the game and listen to them, if you like them and they have the same path you can paste to your sound folder and it will overwrite that sound or just copy the path name to the sound you like and paste it.

For instance if you look in sounds you'll find a file like

"Submarine_GQ_battle_stations_INT"

that gives you the voices and sounds when you go to battlestations, so it's bound to that key. You can replace it with something else, just make sure it makes sense for that action. Many use one of the old WW2 movie lines listed in the mods section. Just try to keep to the same bit rate and length with wav files within reason.

You can search wav files online, such as sub wav files, navy, etc.. DL to a folder and rename it with the exact path as the file your replacing, paste and overwrite. I've replaced torp sounds, electric shock, fire, clanks, etc..

Most of the wav files overwrite easily without problems, be cafeful if you mess with the oog speech files unless you know what you're doing.

Also watch for mods that overwrite your sh4 sounds folder. Certain mods change sounds, so they may overwrite any sound changes you do to the base game. Take EAX, it changes many sounds, so you'll need to make changes you like to the last mod that changes that sound file or make a folder and make yourself a seperate mod to overwrite and load it jsgme.
Many thanks! I´ll try some sounds for torps. I need some skill with bit rate, lenght of sounds, etc. Now I´m working with the ME, adding ships scripted in RSRDC; also planes: I like to see some patrol aircrafts in the allied bases (no planes in allied bases in TMO and/or RSRDC). I take some ships from OM and FOTRS for my own modified campaign.

I´m thinking how to put the new Ten-Ten subdocks in Pearl, from TMO21 to RSRDC, too. RSRDC overwrites the TMO 21 docks...

Succesfully I added some warships and merchants in Mare Island: I don´t like start a campaign for new construction and San Francisco bay is a desert...

If I obtain the authorizations of the authors, when finished, I like to upload the new RSRDC "reloaded". (I´m working slow; also I´m making some things for the new HAHD mod for SH3 ).

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

Old 04-01-11, 03:22 PM   #3149
Canonicus
XO

Downloads: 623
Uploads: 7

I really like the newest 2.1 update...excellent work,as usual.

However..I think the water is still too transparent. You really should NOT be able see the bilge keel on a Fleet boat,or ship, when your right up next too it. The waters way too murky. Just look at some good quality photos from your reference books, (I KNOW you have some!) and you'll see what I mean.

If anyone agrees ...here's a little tweek to the waterTranspPS you can make. Just open it in notepad,scroll down untill you see this...

float maxDist = WaterParams.w;
//[ser] Increase opacity near intersections to make water edge more visible
float shallowfactor = saturate(1/(depthlength*40 + 1));
//[ser] Attempt a pseudo-antialiasing by decreasing opacity smoothly near zero-depth
shallowfactor = saturate(shallowfactor - pow(shallowfactor,4))*1.25;
// depthlength = saturate(depthlength/maxDist + shallowfactor);
depthlength = saturate(depthlength *0.35);

Change the highlighted number to 0.6 (its a compromise number so feel free to go higher or lower, if you like.)

IMO, this makes the water look far more natural..not like crystal clear water in a bathtub!

Cheers!
Old 04-01-11, 03:40 PM   #3150
WH4K
Frogman

Downloads: 56

If we're discussing pet tweaks, how about more realistic boat handling?

Obviously I've never been at the helm of a US submarine, but the way they handle w/TMO 2.1 seems...wrong. Far too light and responsive. As if I were piloting a small fiberglass hull with an outboard, almost.

It's most noticeable when I begin a patrol at the dock. If I immediately order Flank speed, I shoot away from the dock like a sailor starting liberty. In no time at all, I'm up to 15+ knots.

The other weird thing is that it takes FOREVER to stop. I frequently find myself using Back Slow to "brake" because it seems to take far too long to go from 1 knot to 0 knots.

Surely that isn't accurate? Fleet boats were big, heavy suckers, and I can't see them performing like a modern ski boat. There were way too many things sticking out of the hull for them to keep coasting for a couple of miles with the props unpowered.