SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-18-11, 11:49 AM   #3121
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
This happens to me when a file is missing.

I wonder if my upload to subsim's file server got corrupted somehow during the FTP.

edit:

yes, anchored ships will remain anchored. Its a boolean flag . Their either Docked, or they are not. yes or no. No in between. They can return fire if they see you, but they will not move.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-11, 12:39 PM   #3122
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Uploads: 0
Default ducimus

I got a good chuckle out of the Fun Meter!

I now have three set ups.
1. TMO2.1/RSRDC
2. OM/OMEIGU/KIUB with a few mods and Interconintenal Radio Pack.
3. GFO/OTC (recently released by Capn Scurvy) and several other mods. His OTC mod is state of the art.

I think I have all the bases covered--for a few days anyway.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-11, 04:11 PM   #3123
WH4K
Frogman

Downloads: 56

Is it normal for a Fuso battleship to sink from 2 torp hits?

I got lucky and was practically run over by a large task force, including 2 Fuso's and a couple of carriers. Of course one's sub only carries so many tubes, and these guys were hauling ass (20 knots). So it was only possible to shoot at one or two targets, tops, no chance to use the stern tubes as well. I went for the largest target: one of the Fusos, giving it all 6 forward fish.

Four out of six bounced off harmlessly. The remaining two went off, and she went down like a wet sack of laundry. I guess I got lucky. I fully expected to have to do another end-around and shoot again.
Old 03-18-11, 05:21 PM   #3124
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6
Load Screen Red Bar possible fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus
Enabled TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2 and no other mods.

Load screen "red bar" gets about 80% and then stops. Have to go to the Task Manager to end the process

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
That was the first thing I tried. When I want to load multiple mods, I always like to do them one at a time first.
Your TMO files files may be corrupted if you redownloaded them to fix your SH4 reinstallation. A file is probably missing or a wrong version is in your MODS overwrite folders. MOD SOUP - I think it was Webster that created a thread on MOD SOUP.

You may have some leftover files from your other mods mentioned. "........running SH4 RFB RSRD on with no problems." I have had more than one mod do this because I was not patient enough with the long enabling/overwriting of the program JONES Generic Mod Enabler (JGME). I stopped JGME and caused a fault.

Did you erase all files in your MODS folders before the SH4 reinstallation? It is not necessary though. I explained why in the following paragraphs.

Use keystrokes Alt+Tab (depress keys at same time) while the load screen "red bar" gets to about 80%. A window will pop up showing you the active programs working. You may have a SH4.exe window and SH4 error message window. Make a note of the folder structure and file name possibly missing. (Ex. Drive letter:\Wolves of the Pacific\Data\Menu\menu.txt). One possible problem why your game does not load.

Kill the process of SH4.exe running in the task manager now.

The other reason:
If no error from the last paragraph found, then perform the following steps. If using JTXE.exe, then JTXE.exe text data must be disabled BEFORE JGME mods. Then disable all mods through JGME. Now navigate to the Drive Letter:\Wolves of the Pacific\MODS\!BACKUP and Drive Letter:\Wolves of the Pacific\MODS\\!INSTLOGS. Any thing there in the two folders I mentioned? The !BACKUP folder is the real problem if files are there after disabling all mods.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-11, 05:54 PM   #3125
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH4K View Post
No.
Old 03-18-11, 06:33 PM   #3126
brabham85
Seaman

Downloads: 296

Guys, somebody can help me to figure out how can I take just the hud from TMO and put in game?
brabham85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-11, 06:47 PM   #3127
Jan Kyster
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 152

I think this is sufficient at least it should get you started... http://www.mediafire.com/file/r0kn6e...20-%20Menu.zip
Jan Kyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-11, 06:48 PM   #3128
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Awesome suggestions for my problem. I will work my way through them

Thanks
Old 03-20-11, 07:35 AM   #3129
rea00cy
Loader

Downloads: 337
Default TMO problems

While playing TMO (1.9) I've found these annoying problems:

1) Contact reports give no course of the enemy ships

2) Estimated ranges are much lower than expected for the amount of fuel left (e.g. 295 nm for a 40% remaining fuel). But the problem is that minutes later if you ask for the range again the value can be anything form logic to ridiculously low. Therefore you can run out of fuel inexplicably no mater waht the speed you are sailing.
Due to this issue, I've been unable to finish about 2/3 of my missions in a campaign ( I've started more that 10 so far) because I'm running out of fuel....
Anyone has found these same problems. Any solutions?

Thanks
Old 03-20-11, 09:26 AM   #3130
Jan Kyster
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by rea00cy View Post

2) Estimated ranges are much lower than expected for the amount of fuel left (e.g. 295 nm for a 40% remaining fuel). But the problem is that minutes later if you ask for the range again the value can be anything form logic to ridiculously low. Therefore you can run out of fuel inexplicably no mater waht the speed you are sailing.
Due to this issue, I've been unable to finish about 2/3 of my missions in a campaign ( I've started more that 10 so far) because I'm running out of fuel....

Thanks
1) ? I have no idea...
2) this lack of a decent travelling range "issue" has been "solved" in TMO 2.1 - but before that some of us used S3D to edit range in the sub's .sim file.
That you get different range values is due to weather/sea state. If you ask in calm sea, you'll get persistent values.
Jan Kyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-11, 11:25 AM   #3131
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Default jan kyster

You come up with the solutions to some of the most technical issues that drive the rest of us nuts. How about teaching at the War College?

Us:
Captain Kyster;
Old 03-20-11, 12:32 PM   #3132
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by rea00cy View Post

Thanks
Be sure you are reading your estimated range AFTER batteries are fully charged. It takes a great deal of fuel to charge up due to having to run the generators and the engines at the same time. Charging also makes the sub run slower than usual on the surface.

God Bless Electric Boat!
Old 03-24-11, 07:53 PM   #3133
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH4K View Post

I got lucky and was practically run over by a large task force, including 2 Fuso's and a couple of carriers. Of course one's sub only carries so many tubes, and these guys were hauling ass (20 knots). So it was only possible to shoot at one or two targets, tops, no chance to use the stern tubes as well. I went for the largest target: one of the Fusos, giving it all 6 forward fish.

Four out of six bounced off harmlessly. The remaining two went off, and she went down like a wet sack of laundry. I guess I got lucky. I fully expected to have to do another end-around and shoot again.
I sunk a Kongo last night with one hit...that was a first. It hit under front turrent, but I've never sunk a Kongo with less than 4. Strange, the next Kongo took 8, but a few end arounds.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-11, 09:42 PM   #3134
Andysim
Nub

Downloads: 29

well i cant find a copy of the Uboat addon anywhere, but im wondering, I have Silent hunter 4 on DVD and noticed the Uboat addon on steam for £8. Im confused as to if it will work or not
Andysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-11, 10:04 PM   #3135
Diablo2
Mate

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysim View Post
well i cant find a copy of the Uboat addon anywhere, but im wondering, I have Silent hunter 4 on DVD and noticed the Uboat addon on steam for £8. Im confused as to if it will work or not
Thats what i did, downloaded from amazon and no problems here.
Diablo2 is offline   Reply With Quote